Latest resources

The Fastest ¼ Mile in the Northeast gets the "Full Monty" PST treatment with this 2020 facelift!
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS20 Mustang Template 2048 x 2048 Update MattyO
Bigger rear decal (tail light decal)
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS Mod Cts Physics MattyO
NXS20 Mod Cts Physics
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS Mod Cup Physics MattyO
NXS20 Mod Cup Physics
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
SRD NXS20 Blender Scene Burnout
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

NASCAR Silly Season and News

Brandon Miller

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
So Jimmie tested positive for coronavirus last week and now he's suddenly cleared to race? Thought it was a required 14 quarantine after no symptoms? Things that make you go hmmm....

artofspeed

Star Fox cosplayer and fan of Cheezits
SRD Member
Reaction score
So Jimmie tested positive for coronavirus last week and now he's suddenly cleared to race? Thought it was a required 14 quarantine after no symptoms? Things that make you go hmmm....
Something tells me that they found out he or his wife didn't have it, that whatever he/she had had similar symptoms, but it wasn't actually it. And you don't have to go through a full quarantine period if the symptoms turn out to be something other than Covid. I actually know and heard of people that got went into self or work prescribed quarantine, and were out shortly there after because of not being infected with the virus. I will say, your "Things that make you go hmmmm" isn't unwarranted, as it makes me wonder if he was even tested in the first place when it was announced, or if the fact that his wife, or even himself, had symptoms, and he aired on the side of caution and said he'd step aside so that he could get properly tested. It could be a case of media once again taking the facts, and molding it into a big story.

Brandon Miller

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Something tells me that they found out he or his wife didn't have it, that whatever he/she had had similar symptoms, but it wasn't actually it. And you don't have to go through a full quarantine period if the symptoms turn out to be something other than Covid. I actually know and heard of people that got went into self or work prescribed quarantine, and were out shortly there after because of not being infected with the virus. I will say, your "Things that make you go hmmmm" isn't unwarranted, as it makes me wonder if he was even tested in the first place when it was announced, or if the fact that his wife, or even himself, had symptoms, and he aired on the side of caution and said he'd step aside so that he could get properly tested. It could be a case of media once again taking the facts, and molding it into a big story.
It was stated multiple times and from Jimmie himself he tested positive for it. So either he had a false positive (which I think is a lot of the case for several tests) or it's lets tell everyone the latest test is negative. Makes a good feel good story especially if Jimmie wins this week.

Left Turns Galore

SRD Member
Reaction score
It could be a case of media once again taking the facts, and molding it into a big story.
I don't think it's the media, considering this from HMS's official website on the 3rd, five days ago.
" Jimmie Johnson tested positive for COVID-19."

And considering the fact that we've been told it takes 2-14 days to rid the virus, and 5 days ago was indeed between 2 and 14 days ago, I'd say this "big story" has quite the bit of merit.

And to Brandon, that presently is not NASCAR's requirement. NASCAR only requires two negative tests at least 24 hours apart, and clearance by a physician. Johnson's been cleared by a physician on Tuesday, and has the two negative tests on Monday and Tuesday.

Elio Lugaru

NASCAR Furry
SRD Member
Reaction score
No Eldora & Watkins Glen this year, Oh well, I had a feeling those races were gonna be cancelled.

But, i VERY much approve of the truck series getting a race on the Daytona Road Course too!

artofspeed

SRD Member
Reaction score
@Left Turns Galore I didn't know until Saturday via NASCAR.com when they released their article. I hadn't the faintest that Hendrick had already dropped the information, especially since it said it was self diagnosed, so I took the article as he had symptoms, and just hadn't been checked or hadn't gotten the results.

No Eldora...booo
I do find that interesting, seeing as they were just at Indy, which is down the road from Eldora. Maybe it's too small and there would be no way to distance from one another. That or Stewart just decided it wasn't worth the risk and decided to cancel activities at Eldora.

But Trucks and ARCA at Daytona. My question is will we see a modified course for something quicker, or will we see them go full course like I think they will do. Teams are definetly going to have fun with the gearing, and I imagine we might actually see the teams get some practice time, be it like what ARCA did at Talladega.

Chevellion

Former SRD Cup League Director
SRD Member
Reaction score
That's pretty badass. Just hope NASCAR doesn't see people's reaction to it as an excuse to say "You guys liked the look of the new cars, so we're moving the numbers for good!"

Brandon Miller

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Saw it at Burnouts on Broadway. A good gimic that worked there. IMHO not needed for the All Star race. My guess is some either quit working or come off during the race.

JNieder51188

SRD Member
Reaction score
Well its LED strip lights. Apparently its already been tested at Charlotte and will be tucked away behind the fuel cell.

sweetracerdude

King of Pepsi, Racer, Family Man!
SRD Member
Reaction score
@Left Turns Galore I didn't know until Saturday via NASCAR.com when they released their article. I hadn't the faintest that Hendrick had already dropped the information, especially since it said it was self diagnosed, so I took the article as he had symptoms, and just hadn't been checked or hadn't gotten the results.

I do find that interesting, seeing as they were just at Indy, which is down the road from Eldora. Maybe it's too small and there would be no way to distance from one another. That or Stewart just decided it wasn't worth the risk and decided to cancel activities at Eldora.

But Trucks and ARCA at Daytona. My question is will we see a modified course for something quicker, or will we see them go full course like I think they will do. Teams are definetly going to have fun with the gearing, and I imagine we might actually see the teams get some practice time, be it like what ARCA did at Talladega.
Ohio just like New York will not open most sports venues such as racing...

artofspeed

SRD Member
Reaction score
Ohio just like New York will not open most sports venues such as racing...
Oh, my bad! I actually had no idea Eldora was in Ohio. I always assumed every time they talked about it being down the road from Indy that it was in Indiana.

Brandon Miller

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Wonder why we aren't seeing the AS schemes being posted? I know 3 of the SHR cars, the 37, the 95, and the original 24 were posted.