Downloads
Updated

NASCAR Silly Season and News

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
SRD Member
Reaction score
Bowman to the 48? Ok.

Either Byron moves to the 88/5/25/whatever number, so that Larson can have the 24 (remember, Byron is out a CC next year....), which is the number Larson wanted because it was Gordon's.

OR

Byron stays put, Larson to the 88/5/25/57(old Hendrick Number and a number Larson is attached to as well)

But right now, all signs point to Larson at HMS.

Like SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE BEEN SAYING FOR MONTHS. ;)

Gwen Cole

93 Wins
SRD Member
Reaction score
I'm still going to be biased and try to speak JHN to the 25 into existence since he has some sponsorship and the history with his dad driving it, but it's probably gonna be Larson.

Connor J Shields

SRD Member
Reaction score
I think its pretty obvious why Bowman is moving to the 48: Ally Financial feels uneasy about Kyle Larson, as his return will make national headlines. As a followup to my previous comments about Larson driving an unsponsored 88/5/25/57 Chevy, "unsponsored" probably means running Hendrick Cars, Hendrick AutoGuard and/or Chevrolet Accessories decals until Rick finds a major company willing to sponsor Larson. At this point, the only major sponsor Larson still has is Plan B Sales, though it could be possible that one of his dirt track sponsors (Finley Farms, Priority Aviation, Tarlton & Son) could step up their support.

CCM284

SRD Member
Reaction score

Connor J Shields

SRD Member
Reaction score
Justin Marks will officially announce his new Cup series team today. Suarez is expected to be the top candidate for the driver.

Also, as speculated yesterday, Ford Performance has confirmed that Hailie Deegan will make her Truck Series debut at Kansas next week.
It will be interesting to see what Deegan can do in the Truck Series. I expect her to go full time in 2021. As for Trackhouse it's great to see another team join the Cup Series. Maybe this could be a source of stability for Suarez's career. Being rushed to the Cup Series and bouncing around to different teams (3 teams in 4 seasons) has not helped him at all.

Connor J Shields

SRD Member
Reaction score
It's official. Daniel Suarez will be driving the 99 Chevy for Trackhouse in 2021. The team has also secured an alliance with Richard Childress Racing.

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
SRD Member
Reaction score
It's official. Daniel Suarez will be driving the 99 Chevy for Trackhouse in 2021. The team has also secured an alliance with Richard Childress Racing.
Which, by extension, starting next year, means they will also be beneficiaries of the RCR/HMS tech alliance.

Ajwehr

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I doubt the 37 is shutting down JTG has so much sponsorship from Kroger with them promoting the main brand on the #47 and the #37 runs Kroger’s B2B deals.

db512

2011 SRD Cup Series Champion
SRD Member
Reaction score
My guess is the third charter came from Richard Petty by way of Rick Ware. Petty co owns/"leased" a charter with Ware that RWR has run the last couple of years. Petty could be looking for some fast cash and decided to move the charter.

Connor J Shields

SRD Member
Reaction score
Matt DiBenedetto will be back with Wood Brothers Racing for 2021. Austin Cindric will run a partial Cup season with Team Penske in 2021, with him going to the Wood Brothers full time for 2022.

mtblillie

It's MTB Lillie, not MT Billy
SRD Member
Reaction score
Matt DiBenedetto will be back with Wood Brothers Racing for 2021. Austin Cindric will run a partial Cup season with Team Penske in 2021, with him going to the Wood Brothers full time for 2022.
Cindric in a 4th Penske car? What do you guys think.....02....77....? Or will they announce someone is leaving the team for next year? That would really shake things up.

EDIT: I should probably mention that I am aware the 77 is run by Spire, but they don't seem married to the number so if Penske asked for it they may give it up.

Last edited: