Latest resources

07 JOEY GASE - RICHMOND I daniele
Templates SRD/SammyInABox1, Render Burnout/Blender, numbers BER, ratings and new box me.
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
08 JOE GRAF JR.  - MARTINSVILLE daniele
Templates SRD, Render Burnout/Blender, numbers BER, ratings and new box me.
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
07 DAVID STAR - TEXAS II daniele
Templates SRD, Render Burnout/Blender, numbers BER, numbers BER, ratings and new box me.
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
20 - Dex Imaging Supra - HOM2 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
20 - Dex Imaging Supra - HOM1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

NASCAR Silly Season and News

Wacky Racers

SRD Member
Reaction score
NASCAR teams voted to use All Star race package at 1.5 mile and 2 mile ovals starting next year.
Some teams dissented, but were not majority. Also of note, Tony Stewart is not a voting member of the RTA and was not present for that, however, is not sold on the idea

The New Hampshire race comes to mind.... I don't think this is going to go the way people think.
I think that the 2 miles are a good idea to put restrictor plates on. But not the mile and half tracks.

dalejr88rox

Raise hell, praise Dale, burn down Panera Bread
Banned
Reaction score
NASCAR teams voted to use All Star race package at 1.5 mile and 2 mile ovals starting next year.
Some teams dissented, but were not majority. Also of note, Tony Stewart is not a voting member of the RTA and was not present for that, however, is not sold on the idea

The New Hampshire race comes to mind.... I don't think this is going to go the way people think.
Cool, so now instead of cars spread out and not being able to pass, we'll have cars bunches together not being able to pass.

It's pretty funny that everyone (drivers included) have complained about the SS package being impossible to pass the leader, so they're basically bringing a watered down version of that to every track. Ffs

burtonbraves

Fictional Extraordinaire
SRD Member
Reaction score
The package will be different from the All Star race, but just for the sake of pointing it out. Passing the leader wasn't impossible during the ASR, as there were 12 lead changes in 93 laps.

Dodgeman4345

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
The #32 team is getting a brand new International Lonestar tractor for their Hauler.

dalejr88rox

Banned
Reaction score
The package will be different from the All Star race, but just for the sake of pointing it out. Passing the leader wasn't impossible during the ASR, as there were 12 lead changes in 93 laps.
Yes but 7-8 of those lead changes were under caution from pit stops. So thats 4-5 lead changes at most on track. On paper or looks like a lot but without cautions, nobody would have touched Harvick all race

burtonbraves

Fictional Extraordinaire
SRD Member
Reaction score
Yes but 7-8 of those lead changes were under caution from pit stops. So thats 4-5 lead changes at most on track. On paper or looks like a lot but without cautions, nobody would have touched Harvick all race
When Harvick's good, no one touches him all race anyways. 4 of his 7 races this year he's led over 1/3 of the laps.

Anyways, I just don't think we should count it out just yet. If it fails after a bunch of races next year, then sure.

dalejr88rox

Banned
Reaction score
When Harvick's good, no one touches him all race anyways. 4 of his 7 races this year he's led over 1/3 of the laps.

Anyways, I just don't think we should count it out just yet. If it fails after a bunch of races next year, then sure.
And that's true. I don't think a package where it's a complete toss up who wins 36 races a year is a good thing. That said, I want to be optimistic, but its pretty much universally agreed that when they introduced the tapered spacer in 2015, the quality of racing dropped of dramatically. IMO limiting the horsepower even more is just gonna remove throttle control as a factor entirely, which is just gonna result in more single file low line fests, and that doesn't allow drivers to build up runs at all. If you're wide open 90% of the time through the corners, where are you gonna make up time?

burtonbraves

Fictional Extraordinaire
SRD Member
Reaction score
Personally I think this year is one of the best years I've seen, and I'm kind of disappointed that they are changing things. But, it seems like evolution a bit compared to how we've been going since 2007 or so. I hope things go well, but just from watching the ASR and the Xfinity races (minus Pocono) guys were able to build up runs decently well even though the end of Indy this year didn't produce many passes, most of which was due to Reddick though. Just hope by 2021 the schedule is changed so much we don't have to rely on the 1.5 mile tracks being so crucial, but I'm not too optimistic.

sweetracerdude

King of Pepsi, Racer, Family Man!
SRD Member
Reaction score

sweetracerdude

King of Pepsi, Racer, Family Man!
SRD Member
Reaction score
NEWS: Richard Childress Racing names Daniel Hemric as driver of the No. 31 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 in 2019.

Also verified Caterpillar will be a sponsor in 2019 for Hemric

Richard Childress isn't ruling out running Hemric in the No. 8 next year, getting rid of the No. 31.

https://t.co/IsaxyGcPuU?amp=1

Last edited:

Keselowski2Wallace

Keselowski2Wallace
SRD Member
Reaction score
NEWS: Richard Childress Racing names Daniel Hemric as driver of the No. 31 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 in 2019.

Also verified Caterpillar will be a sponsor in 2019 for Hemric

Richard Childress isn't ruling out running Hemric in the No. 8 next year, getting rid of the No. 31.

https://t.co/IsaxyGcPuU?amp=1
called it...

BTW Chris Knight = Jim Utter... both are full of it.