Latest resources

07 JOEY GASE - RICHMOND I daniele
Templates SRD/SammyInABox1, Render Burnout/Blender, numbers BER, ratings and new box me.
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
08 JOE GRAF JR.  - MARTINSVILLE daniele
Templates SRD, Render Burnout/Blender, numbers BER, ratings and new box me.
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
07 DAVID STAR - TEXAS II daniele
Templates SRD, Render Burnout/Blender, numbers BER, numbers BER, ratings and new box me.
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
20 - Dex Imaging Supra - HOM2 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
20 - Dex Imaging Supra - HOM1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

NASCAR Silly Season and News

lays

SRD Member
Reaction score
I say we keep Watkins Glen and Sonoma the same since they both have great racing. Auto Club has an excellent road course, tho not sure how good the cup cars will be on it. Could always have a road course race at Pocono too.

Reza Maulana

SRD's Resident Indonesian & Truck Series Statman
SRD Member
Reaction score
the Road Course at Indy, and Miami is a must look at now...
Reviving the F1 layout or using the current Indycar road course layout for Indy, if they ever switch to Roval configuration, could be a good idea

ahspencer01

yikes
Banned
Reaction score
I think Indy would be perfect to replace the brickyard 400, but that's it. 4 road courses is good for a stock car series.

MWick4

SRD SuperTruck Series Director
SRD Member
Reaction score
Matt DiBenedetto is being linked to LFR's #95 and Toyota for 2019 according to Adam Stern
Wouldn’t be against LFR getting Gibbs support and signing DiBenedetto, who used to be a Gibbs developmental driver.

BrendonH12

Lover of Jesus / SRD Pick'em Series Lt. Commish
SRD Member
Reaction score
Wouldn’t be against LFR getting Gibbs support and signing DiBenedetto, who used to be a Gibbs developmental driver.
Yeah, I remember those days... I remember watching a K&N race or something of the sort that he was in the #18 with my Granny. She was a Kyle Busch fan for some reason and asked who was driving his car! lol I proceeded to tell her his name and then asked her to say it. I don't really remember what she said, but it wasn't his name. lol It was funny though. Anyway, I agree - great to see Matt back in somewhat of a JGR car.

Reza Maulana

SRD's Resident Indonesian & Truck Series Statman
SRD Member
Reaction score
From Jeff Gluck's Tweet about the 2019 rules package:

"Engines in Cup Series:

— Currently use a tapered spacer which leaves engines turning about 750 hp.

— Next year target will be 550 hp.

— All-Star package was 400 hp.

— Manufacturers have told NASCAR they aren’t interested in entering sport at 750 hp level engine (too much $)."

That manufacturer bit is... intriguing.

sweetracerdude

King of Pepsi, Racer, Family Man!
SRD Member
Reaction score
It makes you wonder if this is an attempt to bring in more manufacturers - since 550 is a closer number for some of them to achieve.
they also mentioned that they are speaking with other manufacturers... I could see Nissan (GT-R or 370-Z and Titan in trucks) or Honda (Civic and Accord and Ridgeline in trucks) jumping on board now...

dalejr88rox

Raise hell, praise Dale, burn down Panera Bread
Banned
Reaction score
Honestly I get it though. Every other motorsport has moved towards smaller turbocharged engines with hybrid systems. No company can reasonably justify building a 900hp engine when it's not viable in modern cars, plus hybrid/turbo systems are much more efficient

Phoenix

Wheeze
SRD Member
Reaction score
If Gibbs really suffocated FRR... why would they go and sign up LFR? I get McDowell isn’t there anymore, but Leavine’s team can still get everything they can out of equipment. They were held in high regard with Childress, and Hendrick. That’s yet another what the fuck this year.

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
SRD Member
Reaction score
they also mentioned that they are speaking with other manufacturers... I could see Nissan (GT-R or 370-Z and Titan in trucks) or Honda (Civic and Accord and Ridgeline in trucks) jumping on board now...
Don't forget BMW... they have a variety of cars (not so much trucks) that they could enter, and they have a pretty large plant in SC.

sweetracerdude

King of Pepsi, Racer, Family Man!
SRD Member
Reaction score
Don't forget BMW... they have a variety of cars (not so much trucks) that they could enter, and they have a pretty large plant in SC.
it's going to be a package deal more than likely for all 3 series.... and maybe K&N/ARCA as well

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
SRD Member
Reaction score
it's going to be a package deal more than likely for all 3 series.... and maybe K&N/ARCA as well
Which I also find interesting, because BMW is rumored to be developing a pickup for 2019/2020, which I only found out AFTER I posted lmao

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited: