Nascar The Game 2012!!!!

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by kdw48, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kdw48

kdw48 Active Member

Home page:
    According to Dave Thompson on Twitter, there will be a Nascar The Game 2012! So far not a whole lot of details are being released but he is giving away some minor details... For more please take a look!!!

Twitter
  2. ckgordon24

ckgordon24 Active Member

oooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...............burst into flames
  3. Phantomguy24

Phantomguy24 TyV2

I'm excited for this, seeing as they don't really have anywhere to go but up from their first game. Saw on his twitter that pit strategy will be much more important, i hope that holds true. I also hope there are more features on the Wii version.
    1 person likes this.
  4. 4WideRacing

4WideRacing Well-Known Member

Sounds like they are improving a lot of things! Hopefully they will make a pc game one of these years!
    3 people like this.
  5. kdw48

kdw48 Active Member

Home page:
    PC game would be amazing!!!! Also he said one of the main focuses is damage... compared to last game... anything would be better. lol
  6. DB2403

DB2403 RIP, Dan Wheldon. 1978-2011

They have a lot to prove if I'm gonna buy it, but I'm excited to see where they take this. Not getting it though unless people say it's the best racing game ever or something in that range.
  7. kdw48

kdw48 Active Member

Home page:
    Well judging my the way dave is talking about this game it sounds like it will be epic!!! All I want is a split screen season mode to play with a friend. lol
  8. 2448fan4life

2448fan4life #1 Hendrick Motorsports Fan

I agree with kdw48, it looks like it will be epic!!!
  9. 4WideRacing

4WideRacing Well-Known Member

It will need to be very great for me to buy it since I don't have a game system. I'm hoping that it will be good enough for me to "have a reason" to get a game system!
  10. Fisha695

Fisha695 New Member

Though I'm a mod on the Eutech forum system I will be completely honest in saying this... Of course they make it sound epic, that's the idea behind promotion of things you can buy be it a car, game, movie, music, food, etc...
    3 people like this.
  11. WoofGM

WoofGM Since 1994

and sometimes.......only to be disappointed at a later date.

Will have to keep an eye out for videos,screen shots and reviews to see if it warrants my money.
  12. Mustang

Mustang #11 Hamlin

In all fairness, im going to keep my expectation low. I'm not having a repeat of last year in my books. I got all hyped up about it then i played it a couple of times then dont rarely touch it. If there is to much hype for something half the time it doesnt match what people thought it was going to be.

I'm excited, but im not going to be hyped this time. :D
  13. celticfang

celticfang Waffle addict

It sounds better, however the thing that got me riled up last year was this, and I saw it a lot of places, youtube, here by some people, Youtube, you name it.

The 'omg their not american so its gonna sux' attitude from people. EA were American, see how bad their games were? I'm sorry, but Eutech can't look en or twenty or thrity years into the future and think 'We're making a NASCAR game, let's have our HQ in California or wherever'.

People seem to suddenly forget where EA's from and what trash (in terms of a good numer of their series) they put out. IMO NHL and FIFA are the only good ones, and remember where NHL is made (Canada).

Having said that, I'll be getting it to add to my growing PS3 ccllection.
  14. DB2403

DB2403 RIP, Dan Wheldon. 1978-2011

Remember how epic they made NTG2011 sound? Exactly.
    1 person likes this.
  15. Carl Robinson

Carl Robinson You wish you could this sexy.

Its Really a Catch 22 with this.

The Good Side of this is im sure they payed enough attention to the forums and Facebook..hell the whole community in general. So I think they will fix some things I.E Career DNF's ETC.
    However that leads into the Bad side of this ET is a company that I dont think would have the resources to build an entirely new engine or game itself so I think that somewhat we will be playing and update version of the engine NTG11 was built on.
  16. Furinkazen

Furinkazen New Member

Doesn't having a NTG 2012 render the 2011 DLC useless really? it would just be repeated... unless they wait for mid season 2012 and actually put 2012 teams / drivers in.
  17. Fisha695

Fisha695 New Member

The 2011 DLC was really only DLC on the 360 though (and only because Microsoft wouldn't let them put it in the patch like they did with the PS3).

Nobody (well I'm sure a few key people do) even knows what quarter of 2012 it's scheduled to come out, it could be during the spring, it could be mid season or it could be towards the end of the season. So nobody really knows what the default liveries will be, 2011, 2012, a mix, etc.

Personally with NASCAR games I think they should come out towards the end of the season, maybe release the week the Chase starts. That way the tracks & liveries can be updated to the current season right when the game launches & then a DLC/update pack could be release called the "Chase Addon" (or something stupid like that) which would come out a week or so after the season ends & would include any special schemes ran in the Chase.
    2 people like this.
  18. ckgordon24

ckgordon24 Active Member

Sorry they did the same thing for last game. They just could not live up to the hype they made for that game. Great Damage= Cars tear like paper. Great ai that drives like the real drivers= ai brake checks you on most tracks and Kevin Conway and JJ Cobb run higher than 30th sometimes. Then you have the countless other bugs. I was at Gamestop the day this came out just to go home and be like WTF is this. I hope they improve ALOT because I would love to see a good modern Nascar game. Not just Iracing and a update Nr2003 (Best Nascar Game). I will wait for reviews and not just the word of the company like I did last time. Heres to a good Nascar game *Holds glass up for a toast*
  19. Dr. Kstar

Dr. Kstar :^) Banned

If only we could get papyrus and seirra to make a new pc game like nr2003 but with xbox/ps3 graphics!! that would be amazing.
  20. JRRacing64

JRRacing64 New Member

Home page:
    For me the biggest thing they need to do is put together a in-depth career mode. It's been sorely missed from Nascar games since NT2003 -2004 and Dirt to Daytona. Things like managing your crew and car builders, R&D, Building cars, Signing Sponsors, News reports and articular clippings, Stats, Etc... It's things like those that can really take it from something where you beat the AI 50,000 time and it ends up cliché and meaningless to where every time you win you progress somewhere (And I don't mean a stupid XP meter :p ) But that's just me...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.