Latest resources

The Fastest ¼ Mile in the Northeast gets the "Full Monty" PST treatment with this 2020 facelift!
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS20 Mustang Template 2048 x 2048 Update MattyO
Bigger rear decal (tail light decal)
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS Mod Cts Physics MattyO
NXS20 Mod Cts Physics
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS Mod Cup Physics MattyO
NXS20 Mod Cup Physics
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
SRD NXS20 Blender Scene Burnout
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

NASCAR The Game: IL Gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

celticfang

Waffle addict
SRD Member
Reaction score
And yet again no release for Europe which means I probably won't get to play it before it is otdated. Heck, even Madden and NHL get released in Germany and here less people care about football and hockey than about NASCAR. This is a bad move by Activision and I am really pissed off.
Hockey has a LOT of fans here....

I'll just get it on PS3 as usual then

Sgt Slaughter

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
There is a lot wrong in this photo...

Hopefully the game is accurate and glitch-free.

Last edited:

lucascosta

SRD Member
Reaction score
And yet again no release for Europe which means I probably won't get to play it before it is otdated. Heck, even Madden and NHL get released in Germany and here less people care about football and hockey than about NASCAR. This is a bad move by Activision and I am really pissed off.
You can buy it at GameStop, they sell games all over the world.

Fisha695

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
The old Toyota shading, no SS grill, the fender split is still there.

Mainly nitpicks but it still bothers me a bit XD
No idea what you mean by Fender Split, but the SS grille is not there because it's not an SS livery & the shading is well take a look at the real picture of the 2012 Toyota that I've attached, the 2012 Toyota is still using the 2011 nose thus the decals don't match up with indents (granted the effect may be a little exaggerated in that screenshot). Using #15 car to show what I mean because it shows it off the best at this angle.

Attachments

Sgt Slaughter

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
No idea what you mean by Fender Split, but the SS grille is not there because it's not an SS livery & the shading is well take a look at the real picture of the 2012 Toyota that I've attached, the 2012 Toyota is still using the 2011 nose thus the decals don't match up with indents (granted the effect may be a little exaggerated in that screenshot). Using #15 car to show what I mean because it shows it off the best at this angle.
The fender split is where the old fender would have gone to the splitter and the new one is now. In-game it's very noticeable... that or I just can spot things easier in comparison to NR2003 XD

flyersfan4888

That GNS Car dude.
SRD Member
Reaction score
Wrong, in fact I have a GameStop about 20 miles from my home town but they only sell games released in Germany
Maybe you can use the Gamestop US site and order the game, or Amazon/eBay would always be a good bet.

celticfang

Waffle addict
SRD Member
Reaction score
Wrong, in fact I have a GameStop about 20 miles from my home town but they only sell games released in Germany
Half correct. They don't operate in the north of the UK where I am. I've seen them on the Continent though.

Pabig

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I could get it via Amazon but that would be pretty expensive at the moment so I'll wait till the price drops.

Zoom

Real Men Race Dirt
SRD Member
Reaction score
I'm opening it up right now so I'll share my thoughts in about an hour or so.

Zoom

Real Men Race Dirt
SRD Member
Reaction score
Well I have only be able to run Daytona and like 10 laps at Phoenix in the career mode as I have a rFactor race coming up.

The game looks and feels much better. I had Kyle Busch behind me in practice and he was pushing me all the way around Daytona. The car gets edgy in corners when the car behind is on the left side.

However, I would assume this is only because its the beginning of the career, in a 9 lap race on champion with all the assists off I finished over 30 seconds behind the leader. On the start there was absolutely no way to keep up with the draft. I didn't modify the default setup though so that might make it not so bad. The starts are still not lined up properly but they are closer than they were in 2011.

At Phoenix the racing is excellent. With the default setup it is tight like 2011 but not as bad. It was nice to see the AI cutting the dog leg as well. I did encounter a problem on my first attempt. I went below the line in turn 1 and it threw a caution but it hasn't done that any other time. Passing is very challenging especially with the car being junk because they pull about 7 car lengths on exit every time.

So far it seems to be miles high above 2011. I probably won't be able to explore much more tonight though and I can't do online since my Live account is going to be down for 10 days.

One more thing that is bugging me, when you fill out the profile and you choose a team name you only get 15 characters so its very difficult to do a name with Motorsports in it.

Last edited:

ckgordon24

SRD Member
Reaction score
I played for about 2 hours. Its miles above 2011. One thing for concern is that I have heard of some online issues still.

Phantomguy24

TyV2
SRD Member
Reaction score
Well I have only be able to run Daytona and like 10 laps at Phoenix in the career mode as I have a rFactor race coming up.

The game looks and feels much better. I had Kyle Busch behind me in practice and he was pushing me all the way around Daytona. The car gets edgy in corners when the car behind is on the left side.

However, I would assume this is only because its the beginning of the career, in a 9 lap race on champion with all the assists off I finished over 30 seconds behind the leader. On the start there was absolutely no way to keep up with the draft. I didn't modify the default setup though so that might make it not so bad. The starts are still not lined up properly but they are closer than they were in 2011.

At Phoenix the racing is excellent. With the default setup it is tight like 2011 but not as bad. It was nice to see the AI cutting the dog leg as well. I did encounter a problem on my first attempt. I went below the line in turn 1 and it threw a caution but it hasn't done that any other time. Passing is very challenging especially with the car being junk because they pull about 7 car lengths on exit every time.

So far it seems to be miles high above 2011. I probably won't be able to explore much more tonight though and I can't do online since my Live account is going to be down for 10 days.

One more thing that is bugging me, when you fill out the profile and you choose a team name you only get 15 characters so its very difficult to do a name with Motorsports in it.

The reason you're so slow is because the default car is way down on power, and you need to buy upgrades as the season progresses. I've seen a few people talking about that on the forums.

celticfang

Waffle addict
SRD Member
Reaction score
The reason you're so slow is because the default car is way down on power, and you need to buy upgrades as the season progresses. I've seen a few people talking about that on the forums.
Seriously? So what, did KevCon have to buy upgrades for his car? :p

I kind of like the idea, it's RPG-like, but it isn't totally real. Not that I care mind you, importing my copy and I'm gonna have fun with it.

I enjoyed '11 for what it's worth.

Zoom

Real Men Race Dirt
SRD Member
Reaction score
I was able to run a few more races in the single race mode last night. I ran at Auto Club, Bristol, Martinsville, and Watkins Glen. The racing is fantastic and its going to be a real challenge to get a win without perfecting the setup. If this game were on PC I think it would go toe to toe with NR2003, at least for offline use.

Status
Not open for further replies.