1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

ND Racing Showroom

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by nascarfan9, Sep 26, 2017.

1. nascarfan9

nascarfan9 Category 5 Punicane.

It's been a loooooong while since I've shown off any cars, and now that I've been cranking out schemes left and right lately, I figured I'd create a new showroom. Credits will be for all cars posted here, updated as needed (and if I can remember them - some of this stuff I've had for years).

Credits:
    Bases: All me :)
    Template: BER, SRD
    Contigs: BER, Alan Harkleroad
    Numbers: Masgrafx, Jeeble, SRD, BER
    Logos: Me for a few. Most from Google, SRD, Masgrafx, Tumblr, Various sponsor's websites.
    Renders: The Mod Squad garrett1127 and LordMejia
    Chrome effect: SRD I think? Can't remember where I got that.

So, to start us out, here are the paint schemes my team ran in my offline league for the Corvega Clash...
    #28 JBL Audio Ford
    [​IMG]
    #85 ScubaLife/CDA Ford
    [​IMG]
    #92 Twizzlers Key Lime Ford
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  2. nascarfan9

In addition to the ScubaLife ride above, here are the rest of the schemes from Daytona Speedweeks...
    #28 Old Spice ride, based off Tony Stewart's 2006 Busch Series car.
    [​IMG]
    #89 Ritz/Oreo ride, which is also based off a Tony Stewart scheme, from 2013.
    [​IMG]
    #92 Hershey's Take 5 - inspired somewhat Kevin Harvick's Take 5 car from 2005 in the Busch Series car, but re-imagined with Take 5's newer logo and packaging...
    [​IMG]

burtonbraves and marcofaria17 like this.
  3. Tetronix

Tetronix Winner of Most Pepsi Consumed in a Year

Nice schemes! Wasn't Take 5 red at one point?

nascarfan9 likes this.
  4. Wacky Racers

Wacky Racers Well-Known Member

Nice job on the schemes.

nascarfan9 likes this.
  5. nascarfan9

Thanks, and yeah, it was. I recreated that version a few years ago. I like this one much better though ;)
    Thanks! :)

Tetronix likes this.
  6. nascarfan9

On to Atlanta, where the Old Spice car returns. The rest are new...
    A slightly different version of the ScubaLife car, swaps the yellow numbers with blue, and drops the CDA.edu associate sponsor. What do ya'll think? Do the blue numbers (inspired by the car it's based on) look better or do the yellow? I'm more partial to the yellow, myself. Also planning to keep scuba-related associates on the hood in that big open white area because that empty space bugs me a bit...
    [​IMG]
    Next up we have Publix returning to the #89 this season, for 12 races, after running the same number of races with the #92 last season. This is a totally new scheme, departing from the previous scheme which had ran since 2009.
    [​IMG]
    Lastly, we have my personal favorite (aside from it being my personal ride this season), and that's the Reese's Crunchy Cookie Big Cup scheme, which will run Atlanta, Las Vegas, and Phoenix.
    [​IMG]

marcofaria17 and Johnnyk1990 like this.
  7. nascarfan9

Two new schemes for Las Vegas:

We have your classic Valvoline scheme running a handful of races this season on the #85, while Basaglar diabetic insulin joins the #89 team for a few races this season...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tetronix and marcofaria17 like this.
  8. nascarfan9

Here's the pair of cars for the upcoming race at Phoenix. The classic tide scheme, and the OREO scheme is a recreation of Dale Jr's Busch Series 2006 scheme ran at Daytona...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

marcofaria17 and crazyboy335 like this.
  9. nascarfan9

This scheme is a work in progress, to be released later. Right now, I can't decided which number color to go with... Yellow, or bright red?
    CarViewer 2017-09-30 19-14-24-91.jpg CarViewer 2017-09-30 19-15-04-99.jpg

10. Saan Anguish

Saan Anguish Inflictor of Pain

I personally like the yellow better.

dalejr88rox and nascarfan9 like this.
  11. Darren Ingram

Darren Ingram Well-Known Member

Definitely yellow.

Really nice stuff in here!

dalejr88rox and nascarfan9 like this.
  12. nascarfan9

Thanks! Yeah I'm definitely going to stick with the yellow. Gives better contrast the more I think about it.

13. nascarfan9

For the Auto Club weekend, my car is the only new scheme, with sponsor Ice Breakers coming aboard for a race. Given their recent advertising campaigns, this is the first and only car I've ever made with a unicorn on it. I guess that makes it unique...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

Outstanding work on the schemes. WTG there.

nascarfan9 likes this.
  15. nascarfan9

For the sixth race of the Corvega Cup season, the series heads to Eight Bowl Superspeedway, where Old Spice returns to the 28, and the Ritz/Oreo scheme that ran at Daytona returns to the #89.

Meanwhile, Hershey's Take 5 returns, this time with the #85 of Wilkinson, for the first of two races with that team.
    [​IMG]
    And Reese's Fast Break returns to my #92 team for the first of two races as well.
    [​IMG]

burtonbraves likes this.
  16. nascarfan9

How about NXS 15 cars? These are for my league's second tier series, the Nuka-Cola Series.

First up we have Mark Luft's #06 with sponsor Full, a restaurant in Savannah, Georgia that the real life Mark was previously a co-owner of. I took their original logo, and completely remade it, specifically for this car, since their original logo didn't quite work for how I envisioned it for this car.
    [​IMG]

Meanwhile we have teammate Nathan Carroll, with primary sponsorship coming from Valvoline, and Sirius XM...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. IMCool332

IMCool332 Well-Known Member

Ah that Sirius car brings back some memories!

I miss ol' Mongo. Great rides!

nascarfan9 likes this.
  18. nascarfan9

This is the most basic paint scheme ever... the Pumpkin Spice Oreo graces the #89 for the next race, at Texas Motor Speedway.
    [​IMG]

The Texas weekend will also be where my primary Hershey scheme hits the track for the first time this season...
    [​IMG]

Thanks! There's much more to come!

InsideLine and ahspencer01 like this.
  19. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

Taking my sponsor, huh? Joking, nice scheme. Also, really cool what you did around the headlights there. Reminds me of what @dalejr88rox does on his cars now.

Tetronix, dalejr88rox and nascarfan9 like this.
  20. nascarfan9

Well with all the other Hershey's/Reese's related schemes, you had to know this was inevitable, right? lol :p I based this particular scheme off Kevin Harvick's 2006 July Daytona car. It's one that I've always liked - probably because it's (as far as I know) the only Hershey's sponsored car to ever run a cup race. The 2006 car had kind of a random silver part around the headlights and grill too, so I tried to mimic that. I did a Reese's scheme with this base too, but I haven't decided if that's gonna run as the Reese's primary or not.
    Harvick.png

InsideLine and ahspencer01 like this.