13 - GEICO For Your Boat Camaro - HOM Hendrick9Fan
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated

Need a regular renderer for a stream!

Rich Petrucco

Lurker
Reaction score
UPDATE: Thanks to the help of several, I realized how cluelss I was about renders from iRacing. Got some good looking stuff, thank you!

Hello! @teampetrucco is a new iRacing stream with sponsors. Running several classes, and I make a few new paints a week. I need someone who is willing to do 2-3 renders a week (or less) and in exchange I'll fly your logo on the stream. I know it's not much, but its the best I can do for now! facebook.com/teampetrucco Reply here or email at teampetrucco@gmail.com

Thanks!

Last edited:

MattyO

Kinder Gentler Blowhard
Admin
Reaction score
If it's for iRacing, why not use the in game screenshots like everyone else does? I don't know anyone that has iRacing models and are rendering them in 3d Studio Max or something similar.

Mystical

Always 110%
SRD Member
Reaction score
If it's for iRacing, why not use the in game screenshots like everyone else does? I don't know anyone that has iRacing models and are rendering them in 3d Studio Max or something similar.
That correct, as far as I know iracing doesn't give out the models due to copyright/licensing of the models being scanned from the real cars. The only option IS in-game screenshots.

In another point, having your name or logo for 'exposure' is not fair compensation for an artist in my opinion if the stream is being paid if renders could be done for it. There should be some form of compensation or contract being made.

Rich Petrucco

Lurker
Reaction score
That correct, as far as I know iracing doesn't give out the models due to copyright/licensing of the models being scanned from the real cars. The only option IS in-game screenshots.

In another point, having your name or logo for 'exposure' is not fair compensation for an artist in my opinion if the stream is being paid if renders could be done for it. There should be some form of compensation or contract being made.
Wasn't aware you folks couldn't do renders from iRacing template flats that I create, the ingame screens look like hell TBH. And I agree that exposure isn't fair compensation if the stream is paid. If you want to pay me for my stream I'm all for it :) No monies my friend, just something to do!

MattyO

Kinder Gentler Blowhard
Admin
Reaction score
Wasn't aware you folks couldn't do renders from iRacing template flats that I create,
How long have you been doing iRacing? And how old are you? It's pretty common knowledge no one does renders of iRacing models because no one has them. And if they do have them, they aren't parading around the internet flaunting them. Ya know, lawsuits and all.....
the ingame screens look like hell TBH
Seriously? This dude can put out screenshots that look as good as any renders done in 3d studio max I've ever seen.
If you want to pay me for my stream I'm all for it :) No monies my friend, just something to do!
Get the fuck out of here with that shit. Do them your fucking self.

Rogue

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Fast way to get in deep shit.....post Iracing renders...

Mystical

Always 110%
SRD Member
Reaction score
Fast way to get in deep shit.....post Iracing renders...
Yeah thinking about it more its not even the 3d model itself being used in 3d renders but what could be done with it as those are scanned. The 3d model could be used for simulation tests and aero type stuff which I am pretty sure those companies do not want their 3d data to be publicly (or easily at least) available. Also they would not want the models to be used illegally for other games or content (becasue rippers would do it).

As someone that has my name in the credits for working on few racing games (xbox Forza franchise) I can tell you that car companies are extremely strict on what can and cannot be done to their brand. I cannot go into specifics due to NDA but it is very much a legitimate thing iracing has to consider as I am sure they have strict contract licensing deals with all those brands and the models can't just be given out freely ... even if I am sure the majority of the community would prefer a render scene. The in-game stuff from what I've seen looks good enough, plus it directly represents how the car actually looks anyways so its fine.

Rogue

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I think the in-game shots are quite good. No need for a render scene imho.

Rich Petrucco

Lurker
Reaction score
MattyO thanks for the video. That was all new to me, so I appreciate it. No reason to be a dick really :) I was under the impression guys were doing them like the old NR2003. I'm an iRacing noob! I've been able to produce some nice looking stuff thanks to help from everyone. Please lock or delete the thread!

MattyO - as far as what I said about pay, I think I didn't convey properly. I've got some sponsors that pay to advertise but they certainly don't cover the cost it takes to put the stream on, nor am I trying to make a living from it. I have artists in the family, and certainly believe someone should be properly compensated. My point was, I don't make any money from it, and thought it exposure for a potential artist was a)the most I could offer b)better than nothing but a thank you. Sorry for any confusion! I wasn't implying you should pay me, nor was I implying I was being cheap by not paying the artist.

Last edited: