Latest resources

The Fastest ¼ Mile in the Northeast gets the "Full Monty" PST treatment with this 2020 facelift!
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS20 Mustang Template 2048 x 2048 Update MattyO
Bigger rear decal (tail light decal)
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS Mod Cts Physics MattyO
NXS20 Mod Cts Physics
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS Mod Cup Physics MattyO
NXS20 Mod Cup Physics
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
SRD NXS20 Blender Scene Burnout
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

New NASCAR Game Coming From Eutechnyx

Status
Not open for further replies.

David24

Supreme Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Earlier this year, Eutechnyx hired former EA employee Ed Martin who oversaw Electronic Arts’ NASCAR franchise that was ended in 2009 after disappointing sale numbers of the last titles.
Reason #1 not to look forward to it.

taz1458

Let's Go Guido!
SRD Member
Reaction score
This has colossal failure written all over it.

Darrell Pace

Got a fresh set of Good Bye's on!
SRD Member
Reaction score
Probably gonna be a really lame game with no real sponsors.

James Hodge

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Why don't these guys hire us to work on these games? Or at least use us as advisers on what fans want in a game. I'm seeing shades of NASCAR SimRacing on this one. Maybe we will be pleasantly surprised.

Edit: just noticed on the article that its console-only. Dumb.

Last edited:

Chevellion

Former SRD Cup League Director
SRD Member
Reaction score
This game will blow chunks...if it ever sees the light of day.

dalejrgamer

$9.99/mo
SRD Member
Reaction score
Eutechyx is known for its prominent failures like Big Mutha Truckers, Street Racing Syndicate, LA Rush, Pimp My Ride, The Fast and the Furious, along with many more. The only good game from them (as far as I know) is Test Drive: Le Mans.

Plus, it will be published by Activision. Going by their recent track record...not good.

Cheeze

AC/DC Junkie
SRD Member
Reaction score
I'll buy it. If its dissapointing it'l get to know eBay ;)

PeaceFrog

SRD Member
Reaction score
Who knows guys? Maybe the competiton will make them improve to stay on the market!

Fisha695

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Reason #1 not to look forward to it.
exactly.........:arghh:
Fixed that for you.

Why hire the guy if he left after presiding over a dismal failure?
EA from 2001 till 2003 (the good years :lol: ), here is his jobs from 1986 till present.

Marketing Representative & Systems Engineer
IBM 1986 - 1990
-- Market and support IBM hardware, software and services to educational accounts

Co-Founder & Executive Producer
Media Design, Inc.1990 - 1994
Business Development:
- Negotiate & manage licensing and distribution agreements with ABC News and IBM

Executive Producer:
- Responsible for all aspects of MDI titles for ABC News and IBM Educational Systems

Executive Producer
Papyrus Design Group 1994 - 1997
Responsible for all online aspects of Papyrus' racing game franchises:
-- Design, development, integration, delivery & operation
-- Business development
-- Website & community
-- Manage large internal & external teams & partners

Executive Producer & Director of Business Development
Genetic Anomalies 1997 - 1999
Business Development:
-- Find and execute strategic distribution & licensing agreements for GA technologies and titles

Executive Producer:
-- Design, development & delivery of all GA online titles

Executive Producer
Hasbro Interactive 1999 - 2001

Executive Producer
Hasbro 1999 - 2001
Responsible for all aspects of Hasbro Sports franchises for Hasbro Interactive:
-- Business development
-- Product & program design, development & delivery
-- Industry & licensor manager
-- Manage large internal & external teams including development, marketing, sales & business affairs

Director
Electronic Arts 2001 - 2003
Ultimate responsibility for EA Sports' NASCAR franchise:
-- Product & program design, development & delivery
-- Industry & licensor manager
-- Manage large internal & external teams including development, marketing, sales & business affairs

Senior Vice President
Stoneacre Partners 2004 - 2009
Bain Capital backed startup licensed to build and monetize the database of NASCAR fans through two programs: NASCAR RacePoints and the Official NASCAR Members Club (ONMC)

-- Ultimate responsibility for all aspects of the ONMC product – from inspiration through design, delivery, operations & evolution
-- Ownership of design, creation, management & evolution of all programs & systems to facilitate Stoneacre’s business & growth
-- Responsible for all aspects of membership/community engagement, satisfaction & activation
-- Interface & relationship manager for all partners including client/licensor, industry partners & operational partners

Accomplishments
-- Lead building, managing & monetizing of database of 3.5 million+ NASCAR fans and paying membership of 65,000+
-- Designed, built & maintained revolutionary programs & systems to exploit consumer interest, behaviors & engagement
-- Drove extraordinary activation & engagement at all levels
Events/Track:
-- 15k members served/year

Online/Community/Social Networking:
-- 75% monthly engagement

Local:
-- 2,000 local chapters & HQ’s

Executive Vice President, North America
Eutechnyx 2009 - Present

Ok so here are the games that he's been a part of.

NASCAR Racing
IndyCar Racing II
Road Rash (3DO version co-Developed with Buzz Puppet so he may have done nothing)
NASCAR Racing for the Sony Playstation
NASCAR Racing 2
NASCAR Grand National Series Expansion Pack
SODA Off-Road Racing
NASCAR Heat (possibly, it was developed by a 3rd party, but published by Hasbro when he was there)
Daytona USA 2001 (was Japanese developed so maybe he had nothing to do with the American port)
NASCAR Thunder 2002
NASCAR Thunder 2003
NASCAR Thunder 2004

IDK he has a good track record, but Activision still possibly having any sort of control over the series worries me. If they are just the publisher and not the license holder (meaning they have no creative control) then it might be an ok game. But if Activision holds creative control over the series it's gonna be a joke. Even their new Monster Jam game is shaping up to be more and more of an Arcadey Joke (something they claimed it wouldn't be) every time they release new info.

Eutechnyx recently released Ferrari Challenge: Trofeo Pirelli and Supercar Challenge which were decent games. I actually beta tested for both of them so hopefully we can convince them to do some sort of beta test for a NASCAR game.

MillsLayne

2x Champ, guys.
SRD Member
Reaction score
It still won't compare to NR2003, though. Of course the graphics will look a little better, but the physics won't be able to compete. I've said it before and I'll say it again, NR2003 will probably be the last racing game I ever bought.

pennst24

Premier Senior Member
Reaction score
No reason to buy this. A certain game from 2003 beats this, lol.

pennst24

Premier Senior Member
Reaction score
NR2003 and DTD are my favorites.

NASCAR game + Wii = fail.

Fisha695

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Actually a fantastic console NASCAR game! :)
It's really the only NASCAR game I've ever played (including nr2003) where the car actually feels like it's gripping the track. Every other game (including nr03) the cars always felt like they were skating above the track.

I actually emailed Monster Games months ago and they do have plans in place for a new Dirt to Daytona style NASCAR game, but the determining factor on if they would make it or not would be cost.

dalejrgamer

$9.99/mo
SRD Member
Reaction score
Thunder 2004 is the last good EA NASCAR game. Then things started to go downhill from there.

Still, Y NOT PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.