Updated

New NASCAR Game Coming From Eutechnyx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fisha695

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
But like a little kid is going to want to go buy a 6 pack because he saw an alcohal logo on a car in NASCAR game?
IDK does this wanna make you smoke?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFogTD0t5kM]YouTube - Flintstones - Winston Cigarette Commerical[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgVAdukH1mw]YouTube - (Forgotten Mascots) - Joe Camel[/ame]

Sorry to change the subject, but i`m confused, it says it`s coming out 2 weeks before the DAYTONA 500 next year, BUT the countdown on this link NASCAR, The Game 2011, says 2 days and about 11 hours. Can someone tell me why the countdown is like that?
That is the countdown to the worldwide launch of the Debut Trailer on NASCAR Raceday.

Kinda like when EA censored Clint Bowyer's #07.
EA didn't censor it, the teams provide the developers with the livery they want them to use. RCR switched the 07 to their standard Font.

HoosierDaddy

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Hold on, I need a smoke. To bad it's a Marlboro and not a Camel. And Marlboro is Philip Morris. Sooooo, we need to get them a commercial to.

Fisha695

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Hold on, I need a smoke. To bad it's a Marlboro and not a Camel. And Marlboro is Philip Morris. Sooooo, we need to get them a commercial to.
You don't need a commerical, ya got racecars :lol:

From the producer Ed Martin

The issue with beer sponsors has little to do with a rating or reach. The fact is that alcohol sponsors just flat-out refuse to put their logos in products that are targeted at kids in any way. At least in the US, the government (and general public) have turned against that type of thing so to avoid issues, they just won't let anyone do it. It's been a long time since the old "Joe Camel" marketing and the world has turned against that type of thing.

The good news is that we work directly with the teams and sponsors to come up with something that DOES work for them. But it's not like we just say "no beer" and come up with a design on our own. All sponsors that fall into that sensitive area (alcohol, tobacco, firearms & pharmaceuticals) all have alternate "kid-friendly" designs.

There is another post somewhere on the forum or on twitter (too tired to look for it now) that states more bluntly that the teams provide them with the paint schemes they want in game.

taz1458

Let's Go Guido!
SRD Member
Reaction score
You don't need a commerical, ya got racecars :lol:

From the producer Ed Martin

There is another post somewhere on the forum or on twitter (too tired to look for it now) that states more bluntly that the teams provide them with the paint schemes they want in game.
I can see where they are coming from in this. I still think it is rediculous though.

Fisha695

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I can see where they are coming from in this. I still think it is rediculous though.
Oh it is ridiculous, but so are Government regulations letting Alcohol sponsor race teams & sporting events but Tobacco is not allowed.

BTW I'm a mod over on their forums now.

MillsLayne

2x Champ, guys.
SRD Member
Reaction score
Oh it is ridiculous, but so are Government regulations letting Alcohol sponsor race teams & sporting events but Tobacco is not allowed.
I know, right? But, we shouldn't be too surprised since alcohol seems to be immune to everything these days.

moppenheimer

#Murica
SRD Member
Reaction score

Brandon Howe

Track Creator at NR Track Designs
SRD Member
Reaction score
Now kids are going to want to buy 6 packs of Kurt
I always hated that Instead of there being Bud, or Budweiser on Dale Jr's car, it would say Dale Jr... I was so glad when his sponsor changed in '08 and it could have real life sponsers... But i do miss Dale Jr. in the 8 car...

David24

Supreme Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
"VG247: Can you explain why there’s no PC version?

Dave Thompson: The lack of retail space for PC currently means it’s tough to justify the costs of development for traditional distribution. Nevertheless, we have something up our sleeves that should satisfy the legions of dedicated PC racers – watch this space."

VG247 Blog Archive Interview – Eutechnyx’s Dave Thompson on bringing NASCAR to the masses
This was in the ESPN article too I believe. I wouldn't mind waiting for another PC Nascar game even if it's not a true "sim." Hopefully they release one.

skippy88

SRD Member
Reaction score
i dunno if i saw this clarified yet in the previous pages, but:

#2 KURT / Penske
#98 Menards / CertainTeed
#77 Mobil 1

Furinkazen

SRD Member
Reaction score
Hope they have some of the start and park guys:

#09 Labonte
#92 Richardson Jnr
# 46 Cook / Yeley
#37 Conway / Gilliland
#71 Lally/Bliss.

You get the picture.

Also, no news on creating your own cars?!

MillsLayne

2x Champ, guys.
SRD Member
Reaction score
Question: what's the point of including S&P cars if no one wants to play them?
Because including them would make the game more realistic because that's where the current state of NASCAR is. That would be like not including Scott Speed or Elliott Sadler. Not too many people would play as them, but they need to be included because they show up every weekend.

skippy88

SRD Member
Reaction score
not to mention, adding to the realism of qualifying procedure... actually make it a ppssibility in career mode when first starting out in an underfunded team, to not qualify for the race... possibly at the point you dont make it in, give the user anotehr chance to retry their qualifying efforts...

actually have cars that can DNQ

Fisha695

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Question: what's the point of including S&P cars if no one wants to play them?
In todays day & age with disc space not really being an issue (especially on the Blu-Ray PS3) there is no point to not include all 81 drivers who have attempted to make a Cup race this season as well as all the liveries they've ran.

This isn't the PS1 days where they could only have 36 car fields due to disc size.

Status
Not open for further replies.