1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

NFL Discussion

Discussion in 'General Community Discussion' started by DanAsher26, Jun 7, 2010.

1. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

I know an annoying Seahawks fan. The 12th fan lol

BrendonH12 likes this.
  2. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes Banned

Just @ him next time @nj9703

BrendonH12 likes this.
  3. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong

Lol Well, him too

4. ringo

ringo New Member

I loved this weekend as a Niners fan. I was initially worried but when we started pulling I got extremely excited.

5. MrDude68

MrDude68 Well-Known Member

I get it, but it's hard for me to want a guy's team to win when he goes out of his way on a weekly basis just to taunt other people about their favorite teams losing. He was so obnoxious about it that we had to block him on Facebook lol.

In all honesty though, we haven't seen him in a while. So Green Bay will probably become more tolerable again once God Rodgers is out of the picture

BrendonH12 likes this.
  6. BrendonH12

It's all good, man. I was really just messing with you. I don't care what teams y'all like and don't like. As a Patriots fan, I've learned to live quite well with people with differing views on teams. lol

7. theusar

theusar Well-Known Member

Here is your Super Bowl LIV matchup: San Francisco 49ers vs. Kansas City Chiefs.

8. Dodgeman4345

Dodgeman4345 Well-Known Member

Two strong teams. I really think this is going to be a good Super Bowl and we won't know who the winner of the game is until the clock hits 0:00.

mtblillie likes this.
  9. andy88

andy88 Well-Known Member

The NFL will be testing out a new proposed rule change for the Pro Bowl.

After a successful field goal or extra point try attempt, the scoring team will have options with no kickoff.

The scoring team, Team A, will have the following options:

1. Team A may elect to give Team B the ball at Team B's 25-yard line, beginning a new series of downs with a first-and-10.

2. Team A may elect to take the ball at its own 25-yard line for a fourth-and-15 play.

If Team A is successful in making a first down, Team A will maintain possession and a new series of downs will continue as normal. If Team A is unsuccessful in making a first down, the result will be a turnover on downs and Team B will take possession at the dead-ball spot.
    This rule tweak is the latest attempt to minimize kickoffs, which are among the most dangerous plays in football. The biggest challenge in curtailing kickoffs has always been the threat of getting rid of onside kick options, which would hinder a team's chance of retaining possession in a comeback attempt.
    Allowing a team to try to retain possession, but with the threat of failure setting up their opponents in potential scoring range, would represent a massive rule change if adopted in regular-season play.

BrendonH12 likes this.
  10. BrendonH12

This actually sounds pretty cool! Might actually give people, ya know... a reason to actually watch the Pro Bowl... :rolleyes:

11. SebaXRuiz

SebaXRuiz 6 Time SRD Pick'em race winner

Congrats Kansas City Chiefs, Champions of the Super Bowl 54
    [​IMG]
    P.D.: Colombia was in the Halftime show.

KodaTheWolf, DaveO and Virox6549 like this.
  12. theusar

theusar Well-Known Member

Virox6549 likes this.
  13. Chevellion

Chevellion Former SRD Cup League Director

Aaand the rest of the football community breathes a sigh of relief that they won't have to deal with Patriot dominance for another decade.

Gonna be curious to see if he goes with the Bucs, Chargers, or hangs up the helmet entirely.

14. bvc

bvc Hero Card & Diecast Enthusiast

Teddy Bridgewater is signing with the Panthers. 3 years/$60 million.

Meanwhile Cam is getting traded away.

15. Jonny683

Jonny683 Just a guy

Bridgewater getting that Starters job. Dude did great in Bree's stead. 8-1 as a starter on the Saints? I think he'll be good.

16. FloridaFan88

FloridaFan88 Well-Known Member

Tom Brady to Tampa Bay. I never thought I'd be able to type that. This is the best thing to happen to this team since we won the Super Bowl.

17. Jonny683

Jonny683 Just a guy

"Tom Brady to Tampa Bay"

'I'm sorry....what?' is the reaction I got. Makes NO sense to me, but ok I guess? Winston is either gonna be a 2nd and learn from the best or fight him for 1st and then demand a trade.

18. bvc

bvc Hero Card & Diecast Enthusiast

It makes plenty of sense. Brady himself has said he wanted to go to a team with a lot of weapons on offense. Enter the Bucs. They have Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, OJ Howard, Breshad Perriman, Ronald Jones, the list goes on and on. Their offensive line is top 10 in the league as well.

I'm just happy he's out of the AFC East so he'll stop terrorizing my team twice a year lol.