1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

NR 2003 Crashes Mid-Race With No Warning

Discussion in 'NR2003 - PC Support and Troubleshooting' started by nascarandindy, Jun 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nascarandindy

nascarandindy Well-Known Member

Over the past three weeks or so, my NR2003 game has crashed very frequently with no reason or warning.

I've tried the following:

Deleting replays,
    Deleted big car files
    Reduced the world quality
    Turned DEP off
    Ran it as an administrator
    Deleted extra files from my computer
    Changed compatibility mode
    Tried system restore

And none of these solutions have fixed the problem.

At Daytona with the NXS17 mod, I couldn't race for more than 12 laps before the game crashed without warning.

I made it about 25-50 laps into a Michigan race, and about 30 laps on a Sonoma race on the Gen6BR15 mod before the game crashed.

I was able to complete a Nashville race with the NCTS09 mod, but not before the game crashed four times with fifty laps to go.

Is anyone else or has anyone else had the same problem? If you were able to fix it, please let me know, because I wonder if my graphics card is going bad. I'm thinking about uninstalling the game and reinstalling it with just a few mods if these issues continue.

Here are my specs by the way:

Processor: Intel (R) Pentium (R) CPU B950 @ 2.10 GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.1 GHz

Memory: 4096 MB RAM

GPU Name: Intel R(HD) Graphics

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  2. dbowen2014

dbowen2014 Active Member

I too am having this same issue. It seems nobody knows what to do. I might suggest that we start running in a window. Is there a way to set up priority or something incase its something in the background interrupting the game?

3. dbowen2014

dbowen2014 Active Member

try turning off notifications
    1. Open start
    2. Type settings
    3. go to settings
    4. go to system
    5. Go to Notifications & actions
    6. Go to get notifications from apps and other senders
    turn off.
    I got this from a reddit user so lets see if this helps

4. fortine_oo

fortine_oo Well-Known Member

" (2 CPUs)", I suspect you mean 2 cores? NR2003 doesn't utilize multiple cores.

The description of your problem wouldn't normally lead me to the conclusion that your computer couldn't handle the load, but with a 2.10 GHz processor and onboard graphics, I'm surprised NR2003 runs at all.
    What FPS are you getting (when it's running)?

Stick to basic tracks, i.e. tracks with few(er) track side objects.
    Turn off as many graphics options as you can, select the lowest grade in "Detail Levels".
    Use low values for "Maximum Opponents Drawn"/Ahead and even fewer "In Mirror".
    Use a low value for "Drawing Distance".
    Don't select any "Features".
    Don't select any "Effects", or only Smoke.
    Don't select any "Track Lighting".
    Don't select any "Shadows", or only "From Cars".

Run fewer ai.
    Use mods that don't employ graphics intensive models.

Use Winmip to check (or recalibrate) the car models and pit crews to "24-bit compr".
    Don't use 2048x2048 cars files.
    Use 512x512 cars files if available.

nascarandindy and InsideLine like this.
  5. dbowen2014

dbowen2014 Active Member

I might not go to that far extreme but I will bump the graphics down a bit since I usually run it a bit high myself.

6. fortine_oo

@ dbowen2014

My response was for nascarandindy, because of his system specs.
    Unless your system's capability is as NR2003 challenged as nascarandindy's, I think you're trouble is likely due to something else and most likely will not be improved by a reduction in graphics options.

InsideLine likes this.
  7. nascarandindy

nascarandindy Well-Known Member

I don't know how much FPS runs. Is there a way to keep track during gameplay?

It actually ran for about three or so months, believe it or not. Guess the heavy graphics eventually took a toll on my computer.

I have the Gen6BR15 and the NXS17 mod, and I already took out the Gen6BR15 mod, because a lot of the 2017 cars I downloaded are pretty graphics intensive. I might take out the NXS17 mod if the problems persist. I took out the DW12 mod, and several cars that were over 5KB across the different mods that I had. (Gen6BR, DMRNNS13, NCTS09, among others)

I've also taken out tracks that I don't use (St. Pete 13, Indianapolis F1, Mazda Raceway)

Thanks for the advice.

8. NascarMan32

NascarMan32 Well-Known Moron

You press the F key during a race and a little FPS counter shows up in the top right portion of the screen.

9. fortine_oo

Edit:
    Re: F key
    Oops.
    I answered without scrolling down far enough.

InsideLine likes this.
  10. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member Admin

You don't have a graphics card. In the readme stickied in this forum is specifically says if you do not have a graphics card, don't waste our time with troubleshooting graphics problems.

From the READ ME FIRST.

jgegner and InsideLine like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.