1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

NR2003 at Roush Fenway

Discussion in 'iRacing.com Motorsports Simulations' started by MattyO, May 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRod

JRod Well-Known Member

Don't play dumb. I'm not going to drag their names into the open. If you'd like to discuss it further, you can pm me.

Otherwise, I'm done with this thread.

2. moppenheimer

moppenheimer #Murica

Explain how Dave is trolling JJ? Matt posts a thread in the iracing section, calling out Dave, and Iracing, Dave defends himself from you lot, including a guy who states he is here to DELIBERATELY troll, accusing Dave of all sorts of crap, yet Dave is somehow a troll?

By definition, anyone in this section to cause a stir, (inluding you) are trolling. So explain to me how Dave is a troll?

3. DPawlak

DPawlak Well-Known Member

OK... PM me the list...

1 person likes this.
  4. JeffJordan

JeffJordan My name is no longer Jeff Jordan

Troll: An internet user who sends inflammatory or provocative messages designed to elicit negative responses or start a flame-war.

1 person likes this.
  5. David24

David24 Well-Known Member

Hold on guys! ....I have to go to the bathroom.

Okay I'm back. Continue.

joking. Let's take a deep breath and stop the arguing, please.

Last edited: May 30, 2010
  6. moppenheimer

moppenheimer #Murica

so Matt is a troll then. You're a troll. Im a troll. Dave's a troll. Nearly everyone in here is a troll. So what's your point with name calling?

Try and see both sides here.

1 person likes this.
  7. JeffJordan

JeffJordan My name is no longer Jeff Jordan

Uh...I never started anything designed to start a flame war. I merely joined a side in an argument.

Search Dave's posts in the NR2003 forum, then see how many mention iRacing and/or negative things about NR2003.

2 people like this.
  8. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member Admin

lol, I love it.

I'll say this, SRD doesn't hold a candle to the arguments over at the iRacing forums. That place is a warzone compared to here.

If Dave is going to continue to pimp out iRacing here, then he better get used to the other side of the PR machine. Which is criticism and the failures as a 3 year old racing sim that still doesn't offer a full nascar experience.

9. moppenheimer

moppenheimer #Murica

The act of calling him a troll, or that motivational you posted?

He hasn't posted about ir in the n2k3 section in months JJ, you know that, you were heavily involved when he was asked not to anymore.

1 person likes this.
  10. brt3

brt3 Well-Known Member

Wow, I had no idea NR2003 and iRacing = Hatfield and the McCoys.

I go away for 4 years and all this happens. This is an interesting read. Thanks for making an otherwise dull Sat night interesting.

God my life is boring....

11. MattyO

A lot of posts were made when I posted my last response.

No name calling guys, if you don't like what's being said, just ignore this thread and move on.

If you have an opinion, share it. But don't just start calling names. That is what get's the threads closed.

2 people like this.
  12. 88fan

88fan RRInc. Global Mod.

Wow....Im seriously getting tired of this NR2003 vs IRacing bull****! Race what YOU want to race and let others do the same and dont bitch and moan about which is better does it really matter? I dont think so if you love to play a certain sim then play the daylights out of it! Dont care what others say..just play the sim you want to play for ONE reason....because you love to RACE! You love the feeling of being able to race a stock car against other human beings that share that same passion of racing as you do...OK so get over it!!!

5 people like this.
  13. MattyO

Don't blame us, blame iRacing and the PR machine.

The uber cool, most up to date,realistic racing simulation isn't even displayed at the owner of iRacings Sprint Cup race shop. Don't you find that just a little bit odd considering he is the owner of both?

I mean, someone decided that nr2003 was a better option than iRacing in his own organization.

That speaks volumes to me about where iRacing is as a corporation. It's not about which is better and which isn't. Anyone saying so is missing the point.

1 person likes this.
  14. 88fan

88fan RRInc. Global Mod.

Ok....you do have a point there that is pretty strange.

15. DPawlak

DPawlak Well-Known Member

odd???

You really think that having that simulator there was designed to make a powerful statement?

You may be trying to make something a point that really isn't.

16. moppenheimer

moppenheimer #Murica

The point i was trying to make earlier, is i honestly don't think its not as big of a deal as you make it seem.

It appears to me that it was a third party deal, hired most likely by who ever was in charge of the fan fest. Not an in house thing Roush had lying around (why would anyone use that for driver training). It's not as if it was an iRacing event, so im not really sure how it was a pr disaster...

At the end of the day, there are 100s of scenarios that couldve led it to be there, yet you're claiming it's a sign that iracing is crumbling...

(Not trying to pick a fight, just saying my view)

17. RP Motorsports

RP Motorsports Well-Known Member

I've tried to stay away from this whole deal, but I'm just going to say this.

First off, I'd be all for just 86'ing the whole iracing section of this website. Its pretty clear that the vast majority of us are here for nr2003.

Mr Dpawlak obviously prefers iracing, so why he has felt the need to constantly post all over these forums trashing nr2003 and promoting iracing (and im talking about before this thread) im not exactly sure of, but what I ask is, what in the hell is the point? What do you get out of it? Usually behavior of that nature suggests some kind of strange insecurity or something. I'm not sure what you would have to be insecure about, other than the fact that most of the people here back nr2003 and your not one of them, but who cares, so move on. Again, why the constant bashing/promoting? Are you one of these people that craves attention, and if its the negative kind, then at least its something? I just dont get it.

Everyone that has gotten involved in this whole deal to back nr2003 has only done it because of the debacle that you've started from the beginning of it all.
    One of the first threads I ever posted in here I remember Mr Dpawlak making a statement along the lines of "it doesnt matter because no one plays nr2003 anymore". Well obviously A LOT of people play it, and most of the people on these boards play it. So you obviously know alot of people play it, and the constant bashing isnt going to change that, so once again, I must ask, WHAT IS THE POINT??

-Ryan

2 people like this.
  18. MattyO

No, why would I think that? What I do think is if I'm the owner of iRacing, I want it displayed at my race shop, and not something else. It should be a given that people working for me would know that I want my racing simulation at my own race shop. Common sense decision would you agree?

Like I said, what I see speaks volumes about how they run their corporation.

If that's the case, that someone in the organization made that kind of decision to hire someone to use nr2003 instead of my racing simulation at my race shop, then I need to speak with them directly and find out why they made that decision.

Honestly, I already know the answer as to why. I just want Dave to admit it. I know he will keep his head in the sand or up Jr's and JH's butt.Anything negative about iRacing is impossible, so getting any kind of reality check out of him is more than likely not going to happen. But worth a go :)

1 person likes this.
  19. moppenheimer

moppenheimer #Murica

@Plateracer

How do you know Dave started it (youve been here less than a year, trust me it's much longer than youve been here)? Weve been going back and forth on this crap saying the same stuff for so long that everyone thinks the other side started it, when reality, none off us know....So throwing blame purely on one side is not only ridiculous, it's incredibly naive. This particular time Matt started it, last time, it was Dave, then Matt, then Dave and so on and so on.

We need to stop this. EVERYONE. Both sides are incredibly guilty, yet everyone thinks they're innocent. Im guilty, Matt is guilty, Dave is guilty, everyone who partakes in these wars are guilty. So let's quit the name calling, quit trying to place blame, and take responsibility for our own crap.

@ Matt, what good is that going to do? You and I both know both sides exaggerate massively, why continue to pollute these threads for a personal beef between you two?

20. RP Motorsports

RP Motorsports Well-Known Member

@mop

I've been REGISTERED for over a year. I've been lurking around these boards for a long time brother. I wouldnt put in my .02 if I hadnt been.
    As I said in my previous post, I'm not even talking about this thread. I'm talking about everything BEFORE this thread. This whole entire war was brought about by dpawlak's constant bashing/promoting/propaganda/whatever the hell you'd like to call it, and everyone thats been around here for a while knows it, including him, and including you. I posted a perfect example when i mentioned that one of the first times I posted here, he comes out of nowhere with the useless post of "it doesnt matter anyways because nobody plays nr2003 anymore". Its constant crap like that, that has turned this into what it is. And everytime he stirs the pot, it seems like your right there to be his wing man.

Again, we all know how this all came about way back when, and I'd just like to know why he felt the need to take it to the level he has.

-Ryan

3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.