5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

NR2003 Live Ticker Test

Skyline

Graphic Designer Skyline Customs
SRD Member
Reaction score
Interesting, is it possible to use number cards instead of text numbers?

WanderingVermonter

SRD Member
Reaction score
GNL.tv just pulls the data from the current race as it already pulls the information on what flag is displayed in the race and returns an image. So the concept should be the same for number cards, just have to make it return the image card based on what number the driver is. I will try to look into it more once I finish the structure of the scrolling and side-standings (like FOX does now). After looking at all the files I just have to find how it written to see where the car number data is then make it return images.

Smoke14

NR2003 Painter
SRD Member
Reaction score
Could you possibly make a tutorial on how you edited the ticker? I know it's the CSS editing but I have no idea how to do any of that.

WanderingVermonter

SRD Member
Reaction score
I work in college athletics and I used to run webcasts and create graphics for them. So i used my knowledge from what I did before and once I learned about GNL.tv this past weekend to get the live standings, I put them together!

I am using OBS to record the final video and/or to stream on Twitch. I created many new images for GNL.tv (still working on it a lot now), as well as layers like I did for my college athletic webcasts when I used Wirecast, and editing the PHP and CSS files to make it look better. In OBS I just have multiple sources and layers to get everything in the correct order as well as use chroma key and other filters.

I am able to do scrolling standings as well as the newer side-standings that NASCAR currently uses. The only issue with all of the info coming from GNL.tv is that when it refreshes, there will be a slight refresh flash with the flag and the side-standings.

Before I go too far, I want to get the scrolling standings 100% completed before diving back into the side-standings. This will be great for me to use for mock seasons or my offline owners league I am trying to get off the ground as it will be more dynamic looking depending on the year/mod that is being used.

BrendonH12

Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong
SRD Member
Reaction score
Excellent job on this, @WanderingVermonter! I think this looks very much like how the ticker looked back in the SPEED Channel days with red -boxed numbers and all.

WanderingVermonter

SRD Member
Reaction score
Excellent job on this, @WanderingVermonter! I think this looks very much like how the ticker looked back in the SPEED Channel days with red -boxed numbers and all.
Thank you, I appreciate it!

Yes, that was the style I am going for. Not sure what others I will try to recreate, but when I create the side-standings I would like to ask @Thunder98 if it is ok to use his CBS 2000 ticker package to help with the process. Maybe others, depending how I can get it all to look authentic to what many of us remember watching.

Skyline

Graphic Designer Skyline Customs
SRD Member
Reaction score
That's awesome! I definitely wanna try and include that in my NOAK series races

D0rant

SRD Member
Reaction score
Looks so damn cool and professional! Is it possible to add it in post or does it need to be live only?

WanderingVermonter

SRD Member
Reaction score
Looks so damn cool and professional! Is it possible to add it in post or does it need to be live only?
NR2003 needs to be running for the standings information to be populated. I have not, however, tried doing a replay session in NR2003 to see if the data will export. I may have to look into that next time I get into the sim.