1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

NR2003 Screenshot and Video Thread

Discussion in 'NR2003 General Discussion' started by burtonbraves, Mar 28, 2013.

1. nascarfan9

nascarfan9 Category 5 Punicane.

Looks pretty good for 47 years old.

2. Matt Baker

Matt Baker Well-Known Member

Getting really close now. Going to do some further testing with track grip and fall off.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

So umm yeah I've been away from NR2003 not really doing much these past 2 years minus the little sustainment here and there. This past week I started feeling like getting back into things. I don't know why but I felt compelled to try and get custom models into the game for a car mod. This was essentially the final frontier for me of something I was never able to understand/know how to do. Its like winning every race except the Daytona 500 as far as I am concerned when it comes to my NR2003 'career' lol
    [​IMG]
    I do want to make it abundantly clear the above image isn't really a releasable 'mod'. Merely a test and proof of concept. I literally made the models in 5 mins in blender and unwrapped it just as fast so I could have something to work with. I spent a few lazy hours this past Friday night doing the scripting part (the part I fear most lol) and then a few more tonight cleaning it up and getting a 'mod' successfully in the game with the most basic crap possible with a custom model and textures for the body, windows, tires etc (why its looks so crappy). I put some grill decals on quickly as well just so it resembles a car but its not really meant to represent anything.

I don't know what I will do next. It really depends if I can figure out the hard stuff like how to do damage morphs, proper lods (I know how to make lods but how to set it up for NR2003 specifically), and stuff. Pretty much more testing and messing around to see how it works.
    [​IMG]

4. Smoke14

Smoke14 NR2003 Painter

The real COT right here.

5. sro_cosmin

sro_cosmin Well-Known Member

10/ 10 dentists would say this would race better than the gen6

6. Jonny683

Jonny683 Just a guy

BOXCUP
    BOXCAR
    BOXON CUP SERIES
    AERO WARS 2020
    CLASSIC CUP CAR
    But seriously, if this WAS A real mod, I'd play it. Hell, something based on old NASCAR Racing 1 game would be great. I Remember a Mod released for April Fool on rFactor of F1 1994, and it was just boxy, low polly cars that were all the same minus the skins. I loved the look of it. Low Res and all.

USSTalladega and Buescher37 like this.
  7. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

My blue box car may look like crap but its built to last for sure.
    When I am finished 'testing' and learning what I can I will probably release this proof of concept along with all the project files so if anyone else wants to use it as a learning tool they can. It won't be a 'complete' mod though with like templates and good damage or lods though. Technically this car is so low res it probably is already LOD1 or LOD2 for the distances lol

USSTalladega and martinrace like this.
  8. Jonny683

Jonny683 Just a guy

Honestly, a Boxy car with a temp that I can learn to use in any paint program can also come of this.

Tetronix likes this.
  9. mtblillie

mtblillie It's MTB Lillie, not MT Billy

We should make this the 'tutorial mod' lol. We will have 'how to paint on a template and import it,' how to change LPs' etc. It would be cool if there was some dummy test track to do a bunch of tutorials with

10. Smoke14

Smoke14 NR2003 Painter

I would honestly run an online league with this mod lol

Mystical likes this.
  11. Thunder98

Thunder98 Well-Known Member

Honestly, it reminds me of those crappy racing games on the Google Play Store. lol

12. martinrace

martinrace Well-Known Member

Makes me think of a paper model

13. KyleBuschFan18

KyleBuschFan18 2x Cup Series Champion

Finally was able to finish a Talladega race and what a race it was. After 15 tries I gave up on anything longer than 20 laps as most cars would be out after lap 10.
    [​IMG]

14. J.R.Franklin

J.R.Franklin Well-Known Member

PROJECT: Short Track is giving Stafford a well needed graphic and A.I. make-over! ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still a ways to go before release, but making progress every day.

15. nascarfreak88

nascarfreak88 Sarcasmus pessimus

As a Stafford resident, I wholeheartedly approve. Looks damn good.

J.R.Franklin likes this.
  16. starscream24

starscream24 Captain of Unpopular Opinions.

The best oval of my home state (all 2 of them but still)

J.R.Franklin likes this.
  17. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

Made the flaps yellow so i could see when they deployed, maybe I just got lucky but I spent maybe an hour of trial and error after the front section of flaps were animating weird and I just tried some idea I had and it worked ... again I don't know even if the method I did was the 'official' way but ... it worked I think? lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Video of them in action: https://streamable.com/4eh5b

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  18. nascarfan9

nascarfan9 Category 5 Punicane.

I'm getting the impression that we're going to end up with new mod at some point.... lol

joeykraus19 likes this.
  19. Jonny683

Jonny683 Just a guy

I don't think your wrong

20. halfwayglad

halfwayglad BBMC Tracks

:clap: :clap: :clap:

J.R.Franklin and DaleTona75 like this.