Latest resources

07 JOEY GASE - RICHMOND I daniele
Templates SRD/SammyInABox1, Render Burnout/Blender, numbers BER, ratings and new box me.
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
08 JOE GRAF JR.  - MARTINSVILLE daniele
Templates SRD, Render Burnout/Blender, numbers BER, ratings and new box me.
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
07 DAVID STAR - TEXAS II daniele
Templates SRD, Render Burnout/Blender, numbers BER, numbers BER, ratings and new box me.
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
20 - Dex Imaging Supra - HOM2 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings
Downloads
Updated
20 - Dex Imaging Supra - HOM1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

NR2003 Screenshot and Video Thread

Mystical

Always 110%
SRD Member
Reaction score
So umm yeah I've been away from NR2003 not really doing much these past 2 years minus the little sustainment here and there. This past week I started feeling like getting back into things. I don't know why but I felt compelled to try and get custom models into the game for a car mod. This was essentially the final frontier for me of something I was never able to understand/know how to do. Its like winning every race except the Daytona 500 as far as I am concerned when it comes to my NR2003 'career' lol

I do want to make it abundantly clear the above image isn't really a releasable 'mod'. Merely a test and proof of concept. I literally made the models in 5 mins in blender and unwrapped it just as fast so I could have something to work with. I spent a few lazy hours this past Friday night doing the scripting part (the part I fear most lol) and then a few more tonight cleaning it up and getting a 'mod' successfully in the game with the most basic crap possible with a custom model and textures for the body, windows, tires etc (why its looks so crappy). I put some grill decals on quickly as well just so it resembles a car but its not really meant to represent anything.

I don't know what I will do next. It really depends if I can figure out the hard stuff like how to do damage morphs, proper lods (I know how to make lods but how to set it up for NR2003 specifically), and stuff. Pretty much more testing and messing around to see how it works.

Smoke14

SRD Member
Reaction score
So umm yeah I've been away from NR2003 not really doing much these past 2 years minus the little sustainment here and there. This past week I started feeling like getting back into things. I don't know why but I felt compelled to try and get custom models into the game for a car mod. This was essentially the final frontier for me of something I was never able to understand/know how to do. Its like winning every race except the Daytona 500 as far as I am concerned when it comes to my NR2003 'career' lol

I do want to make it abundantly clear the above image isn't really a releasable 'mod'. Merely a test and proof of concept. I literally made the models in 5 mins in blender and unwrapped it just as fast so I could have something to work with. I spent a few lazy hours this past Friday night doing the scripting part (the part I fear most lol) and then a few more tonight cleaning it up and getting a 'mod' successfully in the game with the most basic crap possible with a custom model and textures for the body, windows, tires etc (why its looks so crappy). I put some grill decals on quickly as well just so it resembles a car but its not really meant to represent anything.

I don't know what I will do next. It really depends if I can figure out the hard stuff like how to do damage morphs, proper lods (I know how to make lods but how to set it up for NR2003 specifically), and stuff. Pretty much more testing and messing around to see how it works.
The real COT right here.

sro_cosmin

SRD Member
Reaction score

10/ 10 dentists would say this would race better than the gen6

Jonny683

Just a guy
SRD Member
Reaction score

BOXCUP
BOXCAR
BOXON CUP SERIES
AERO WARS 2020
CLASSIC CUP CAR
But seriously, if this WAS A real mod, I'd play it. Hell, something based on old NASCAR Racing 1 game would be great. I Remember a Mod released for April Fool on rFactor of F1 1994, and it was just boxy, low polly cars that were all the same minus the skins. I loved the look of it. Low Res and all.

Mystical

Always 110%
SRD Member
Reaction score
The real COT right here.
My blue box car may look like crap but its built to last for sure.
BOXCUP
BOXCAR
BOXON CUP SERIES
AERO WARS 2020
CLASSIC CUP CAR
But seriously, if this WAS A real mod, I'd play it. Hell, something based on old NASCAR Racing 1 game would be great. I Remember a Mod released for April Fool on rFactor of F1 1994, and it was just boxy, low polly cars that were all the same minus the skins. I loved the look of it. Low Res and all.
When I am finished 'testing' and learning what I can I will probably release this proof of concept along with all the project files so if anyone else wants to use it as a learning tool they can. It won't be a 'complete' mod though with like templates and good damage or lods though. Technically this car is so low res it probably is already LOD1 or LOD2 for the distances lol

Jonny683

Just a guy
SRD Member
Reaction score

When I am finished 'testing' and learning what I can I will probably release this proof of concept along with all the project files so if anyone else wants to use it as a learning tool they can. It won't be a 'complete' mod though with like templates and good damage or lods though. Technically this car is so low res it probably is already LOD1 or LOD2 for the distances lol
Honestly, a Boxy car with a temp that I can learn to use in any paint program can also come of this.

mtblillie

It's MTB Lillie, not MT Billy
SRD Member
Reaction score
Honestly, a Boxy car with a temp that I can learn to use in any paint program can also come of this.
We should make this the 'tutorial mod' lol. We will have 'how to paint on a template and import it,' how to change LPs' etc. It would be cool if there was some dummy test track to do a bunch of tutorials with

Smoke14

SRD Member
Reaction score

I would honestly run an online league with this mod lol

Mystical

Always 110%
SRD Member
Reaction score
Made the flaps yellow so i could see when they deployed, maybe I just got lucky but I spent maybe an hour of trial and error after the front section of flaps were animating weird and I just tried some idea I had and it worked ... again I don't know even if the method I did was the 'official' way but ... it worked I think? lol

Video of them in action: https://streamable.com/4eh5b

Last edited: