Downloads
Updated

NR2K3 - Using a controller. New method

Alan Harkleroad

SRD Site Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Unfortunately a few years back the developer of the application Pinnacle Game Profiler passed away. I made a tutorial on how to use this to map XBOX, PS3/4, or other controllers for playing this game. That is no longer an option with this new development. It wont install to Windows 10 new builds, I tried and it wont launch and there will be no new updates to the software.

I found this application called AntiMicro to complete the same functions and its free open source compiled. This application must be open like Pinnacle Game Profiler was in order for the profile to run during the games play. The profile you run needs to be located in the NR2K3 install folder as well.

https://github.com/AntiMicro/antimicro <-- Application can be downloaded from here.

To map a button to cycle through the function commands complete the following as shown. Select the button you want to customize. Then choose advanced at the bottom left of the Set "button name" window appears. You must choose the cycle function between each button you wish to cycle between.

Order shown is F1 cycle F2 cycle F3 cycle "etc" all the way until the end. The last button should be cycle so that it closes the loop and brings you back from F9 to F1 at the start of the function loop where you can adjust your car setup during the race before the next round of pits.

If you have any questions please let me know, I can make a video if need be.

Layout.jpg

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
SRD Member
Reaction score
.... seriously, thank you for this.

I tried a few other programs and they didn't work as well as I wanted, and like you said, PGP doesn't work anymore (I had a licensed version, wondered why I died off, guess I know now).

Going to plug this in tomorrow and set it up. Much appreciated bud.

Alan Harkleroad

SRD Site Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
.... seriously, thank you for this.

I tried a few other programs and they didn't work as well as I wanted, and like you said, PGP doesn't work anymore (I had a licensed version, wondered why I died off, guess I know now).

Going to plug this in tomorrow and set it up. Much appreciated bud.
Yeah I had to rebuild my desktop and when I tried to reinstall the application it wouldnt work. I tried a few things with no success and then started looking into why. That when I found out the developer passed away. Thankfully this new app exists and free.

Sucks we own licenses to software that is unusable

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
SRD Member
Reaction score
Yeah I had to rebuild my desktop and when I tried to reinstall the application it wouldnt work. I tried a few things with no success and then started looking into why. That when I found out the developer passed away. Thankfully this new app exists and free.

Sucks we own licenses to software that is unusable
Story of my life bud lol. I got a pile of software that isn't usable, and a scant few that requires serious modding to even get it running they market retro consoles, can PC guys get a retro PC? Please?

Alan Harkleroad

SRD Site Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Story of my life bud lol. I got a pile of software that isn't usable, and a scant few that requires serious modding to even get it running they market retro consoles, can PC guys get a retro PC? Please?
I assume it would still load for us on Win7 but I am not rolling back for one app.

Skyline

Graphic Designer Skyline Customs
SRD Member
Reaction score
I use SCP Toolkit with a PS3 controller