1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

NSCS In Another Dimension

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by burtonbraves, Oct 8, 2016.

1. burtonbraves

burtonbraves Fictional Extraordinaire

Not really sure about the title, but anyways. I was looking for something to do last night, and I ended up going through a bunch of my old cars, and I got the bug to paint a bunch again. So, anyways. I present to you all my next project! I think I may be setting a record for most sets in one year...damn. At least they were all finished! Just like this one will be. Anyways, the concept of this album is pretty simple. It's just a fictional set of cars, very similar to the Publix Cup, only here I just kept it the Sprint Cup. I suppose the title fits, as it could be in a parallel universe. But I'm not about to divulge into the multiverse theory, just gonna show off some cars! Also, no sponsor exclusivity in this series ;)

The first team is a trio of Chevys out of Charlotte, NC. Martin Nichols Racing will field 3 full time cars in 2016.

#22 Vincent Alton - T-Mobile

22TMobile1.png

#32 Mark Travis - Duke Energy

32DukeEnergy1.png

#62 Will Underwood - Carlisle Construction Materials

62Carlisle1.png

Our next team comes from Atlanta, GA. Very young team just trying to get their feet wet. One of their cars is still currently looking for sponsorship. McCarrington Racing will field 2 Fords this year.

#5 Kevin Brenner - Unsponsored

5Unsponsored1.png

#05 Julian McCarrington - TraqGear

05TraqGear1.png

Credits go to BER, Iceman, Bullring, SRD, Alan H., Sgt. Slaughter, Nick Baker, Masgrafx, and more I'm sure. Thanks for looking and stay tuned for more! The roster is nearly complete and already has 38 cars on it!

2. burtonbraves

Our next team comes from Philadelphia, PA. Sunoco has decided to start up their own team in this series. Fielding 3 Toyotas, A Plus Racing (named after Sunoco's chain of convenience stores) is looking for a strong year. Sunoco will sponsor 2 cars full time for this team, and they will serve as an associate on their other car.

#19 Kevin Gimball - Sunoco

19Sunoco1.png

#91 Ward Westin - Sunoco

91Sunoco1.png

#09 Pete Dennison - Utz Potato Chips

09Utz1.png

3. crazyboy335

crazyboy335 I Am Indy

God damn I love that 19 car. Fantastic work!

burtonbraves likes this.
  4. morse5813

morse5813 Active Member

I like the idea, great looking cars

burtonbraves likes this.
  5. Saan Anguish

Saan Anguish Inflictor of Pain

You know, if that 5 team does well, maybe Kubota tractors could step in and sponsor. Great work bud.

burtonbraves likes this.
  6. KahneRacing945

KahneRacing945 Winner of the 1980s Pit Road 200

Beautiful paints.

burtonbraves likes this.
  7. AntCurtain

AntCurtain Well-Known Member

I'm loving how the two Sunoco cars are different but surround around the same elements. It really is a perfect way to have 2 different cars with the same sponsor for the same team.

The other paints look great, too!

burtonbraves likes this.
  8. thefaeway

thefaeway Well-Known Member

Once again, great work :)

burtonbraves likes this.
  9. burtonbraves

Thank you all for the comments! I'm very happy that you guys are liking the looks of these. I got two more teams done last night, making that 13 cars so far.

Midwest Motorsports hails from Indianapolis, IN. Fielding 3 full time Toyota Camrys for this season, they are looking for strong finishes throughout the year.

#26 Jason Monahan - Brandeis Machinery

26Brandeis1.png

#46 Terrence Spinelli - Stevens Transport (I know it looks weird, but I also think it kind of looks...cool? I tried to emulate what their trucks+trailers look like on the car. I think it's different enough to stand out though)

46Stevens2.png

#66 Blake Barnes - Toyota (Loosely based on the 2004 Toyota truck scheme)

66Toyota1.png

Next team we have is from Orlando, FL. Snyder-Martinez Racing has been around quite a while in this series, and they know how to get it done. Looking for a strong year, this team fields 2 Chevys.

#35 Quinn Stevenson - Kalmar

35Kalmar1.png

#80 Ryan Young - Fram/Autolite

80FramAutolite1.png

Thanks for looking! Feedback is welcomed, and stay tuned for more!

10. sadlerfan21

sadlerfan21 Well-Known Member

Gotta say they look very good. Nice work!

burtonbraves likes this.
  11. burtonbraves

Thank you! I have the next team finished, and more cars will be done later tonight/tomorrow!

Our next team is out of Pottsville, PA. Keystone Motorsports fields 3 full time Fords and is looking for a very strong season this year. Delta Airlines has agreed to be an associate sponsor for the whole team this year.

#10 Maria Connelly - Yuengling

10Yuengling1.png

#36 James Kent - SiriusXM Satellite Radio (Influenced by the recent SiriusXM schemes)

36SiriusXM1.png

#73 Dean Warren - JLG

73JLG1.png

Stay tuned for more!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
    BrendonH12, nj9703, thefaeway and 2 others like this.
  12. thefaeway

So in the grand scheme of your own personal NASCAR world, where does this rank compared to your other series?

burtonbraves likes this.
  13. burtonbraves

I'm not quite sure, I think I'm gonna go with it's another world. And in this world, the drivers are all fictional, but driving in Sprint Cup. I may possibly continue with this idea down to Xfinity, but that's another discussion for another time :p In short, this is pretty much separate from the Publix/CVS/Kubota/Kraft Heinz universe. My mind is always jumping around haha. I have multiple Nascar worlds for NR2003, and I'm glad I'm able to share them!

Next teams are finished up!

First we have a three car Toyota team out of Houston, TX. This team is a powerhouse in every sense of the word, and are ready for the competition this year.

#39 Mat Rodgers - DLP/Texas Instruments (Just a slight evolution of the #96 DLP scheme. It's such a good scheme I don't really see why it would need to be much different :p )

39DLP1.png

#81 Shane Meeks - Jiffy Lube

81JiffyLube1.png

#99 Luke Snyder - DeWalt (This may be in my top 5 schemes...ever. I really like how it came out)

99DeWalt1.png

Our next team is quite an interesting story. 24 year old veteran Jerry Hammond is working together with the U.S. Army to achieve his lifelong dream of becoming a Sprint Cup driver. After two tours of duty in the Army, he returned home as part of the new veteran program implemented in Nascar. Every two years a new veteran will be chosen to drive the Chevrolet, with the team based out of Detroit, MI. This team is getting a lot of funding from Chevy and the U.S. Army sponsorship budget, and is expected to compete very well this year. Sgt. Hammond is excited to start the season and hopefully drive into victory lane at some point this season.

#18 Jerry Hammond - U.S. Army

18USArmy1.png

I should have some more done soon, hope you guys enjoy! Any thoughts or feedback is appreciated, thank you!

14. MrDude68

MrDude68 Occasional Backwards Driver

Holy crap dude, that #99 is beyond beautiful!

burtonbraves likes this.
  15. mvdbutler

mvdbutler Well-Known Member

Cool 18 us army car

burtonbraves likes this.
  16. thefaeway

I really like the Jiffy Lube car but the 99 is slick!

burtonbraves likes this.
  17. PywackettBarchetta

PywackettBarchetta New Member

Woah. I was just looking in curious to see what fictionals might be here, but these look totally gorgeous, especially the Sunoco ones. There's definitely a lot of love and serious design thought put into these; keep it up!

burtonbraves likes this.
  18. burtonbraves

Thank you guys very much! I was able to get a bunch more done last night!

Here we have Harrison Motorsports, fielding three full time Chevys out of Charlotte, NC. This team is up for the challenge of competing this year, and their drivers are all very eager to get started!

#02 Joshua Keller - Great Clips

02GreatClips1.png

#21 Henry Baines - Irwin Tools

21IrwinTools1.png

#41 Matthew Turner - AccuDoc Solutions

41AccuDoc1.png

Our next teams hails form Cincinnati, OH. The Van Nort brothers have gained sponsorship for the coming season and are ready to do battle on the track. Van Nort Racing fields two Chevys.

#4 Bryan Van Nort - Gorilla Glue

4GorillaGlue1.png

#44 Gary Van Nort - Turner Construction

44TurnerConstruction1.png

19. burtonbraves

Our next team is out of Atlanta, GA. Coca Cola has been a partner to Nascar for a very long time, but rarely sponsored cars for more than a few events here and there. They've decided to pony up and start their own team, appropriately named the Coca Cola Racing Family. They will advertise 3 of their brands on 3 very fast Chevys this year.

#11 Trent Carver - Coca Cola

11CocaCola1.png

#17 Ryan Hamilton - Surge

17Surge1.png

#23 Max Reinholm - Sprite

23Sprite1.png

Thanks for checking in and stay tuned for more!

20. 4WideRacing

4WideRacing Well-Known Member

Those are some really awesome looking cars!

burtonbraves likes this.