NTG 2011 Reviews

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by B.McKeever, Mar 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B.McKeever

B.McKeever Well-Known Member

Overall, this game was a failure. I'll save the "on-the-line" interested parties from crossing the line and investing. I paid $60 for it and I am extremely unhappy with it. The "paint" booth is very rough; cars will not drop out of a race. Many other small issues but they need to address the paint shop and the realism in a major way.

I really hope that this game will be fixed, afterall, the wonder of PS3 is that they can send patches to us.

As of right now, 2:30pm on 3/29/11 - I am very disappointed in this game.

2. MillsLayne

MillsLayne The Blue Bomber

We just need Papyrus to reform and come out with NASCAR Racing 2011 Season and make it as open to modders as NR2k3 is.

2 people like this.
  3. Markfan

Markfan Sim Racing Designosaur

iRacing pretty much is Papyrus. The creators were lead developers in NR2k3.

1 person likes this.
  4. JasonRSC

JasonRSC Former SRD Crew Member

If only the folks at iRacing could realize just how much money they could make by doing just that. NR2003 is seven years old and still going strong, people still paying large amounts of money to get their hands on legit copies of it.

Oh well. We can dream, can't we?

2 people like this.
  5. Markfan

Yeah, it's amazing how healthy it's community is, several official NASCAR teams even use NR2k3 mods to render their schemes!

6. MillsLayne

MillsLayne The Blue Bomber

I know. And I would love to get iRacing, too, if you could race offline as well as the usual online affair. Plus, I don't want to have to pay monthly or yearly or whatever it is.

7. HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy Well-Known Member

Here's how I see it. A) Good news is that this game doesn't step on the toes of NR2003. B) Bad news is we don't get a kick ass sim for ps3.

In all honesty, they should release dev kits and paint templates. They do it with unreal and all the other first person shooters. People make their own levels for ps3 using the unreal editor and then using a usb stick, install it to their ps3. They should focus on making a STRONG foundation and let us do the rest. That's what we're good at.

8. Batman1138

Batman1138 Well-Known Member

I like it. I don't like the paintbooth at all, though. I still prefer NR2003 over anything anyday.

1 person likes this.
  9. hijinxtattoo

hijinxtattoo asleep at the wheel

So i spent the last five hours playing. Ran three races quilifed pole and top five for all and finished 43rd in all. The AI dosnt care where you are they will run you over and be damned if you get a caution to catch up. None of the AI drop out for damage or mech failure and keep up with the leader at all times. No wave around or lucky dog to save you ether. (even 08 had a lucky dog) Once your lapped which is very easy your pretty much done. This is very very sad. The quality and the overall physics of the cars are not even close to GT5s NASCAR cup cars. Paint booth is very rough but if you have the time can make mildly nice paints but still no head lights and other brand marks. I feel there are some serious mistakes that need to be addressed with this game quickly or it is going to be a major let down for many people.:(

10. 1965zippy07

1965zippy07 New Member

I have to agree. Huge let down.

11. Numbers

Numbers New Member

jebus am i the ONLY person who loves this game sofar?
    Its better then 09
    Some minor problems i found so far but meh every game will have its problems on relase day.
    They adressed the headlight issue in the paint booth before they even relased the game they are waiting to add thouse untill they relase the patch. so it was eather wait two more months for this game. or patch it in two months.

this is hte perfect balance between arcade and sim. which if i recall right...is what they are aiming for. so this GAME is not a fauiler. so stfu and enjoy it for what it really is. a damn good CONSOL NASCAR game,better then what EA has givin us in a long time.

12. moppenheimer

moppenheimer #Murica

It is about what i expected. Not terrible, not great. Only real major annoyance is caution detection....I got turned in front of the field at Daytona got hit by 5-6 cars, and no yellow came out...and yes, I made sure yellows were on.

2 people like this.
  13. Carl Robinson

Carl Robinson You wish you could this sexy.

Ive played it and hoenstly people just had expectations set a bit too high we all knew that this game wasnt going to be an amazing sim im not ashamed that I bought it the AI is fun at times and other times frustraing as....anywho there is going to be an update...to fix most of the issues that are current and if anyone recallad Ed martin made the statement eas that this was to test the waters of what todays nascar fans wanted as compared to what fnas of the EA era wnted so Im sure NTG2012 will be a major step-up.

14. Josh Mertz

Josh Mertz #JB17

The fanboys will still defend this "game". You wait and see

15. hijinxtattoo

hijinxtattoo asleep at the wheel

This game is almost unplayable currently IMO. Even as an arcade it has to many flaws and falls short of even the simplest expectations of a NASCAR title. One the positive they can only move forward from here.

16. Chevellion

Chevellion Deutschland ueber Alles

Games like these make me glad my Xbox RROD'd.

A small-time developer doesn't have the resources necessary to make a game based on a top-tier sport. They missed lots of the little things that make NASCAR NASCAR, and in doing so weren't even able to outdo EA's mediocrity.

That, and as a painter, I wouldn't ever go near an awful painting feature like the one they have in this game. At least I can say that EA did something right in that aspect.

17. Markfan

You don't experiment with commercial products like that, that is what public/private gameplay testing sessions are for.

These guys aren't small, they've been in existance for nearly 15 years (1997, 1987 if you count mergers) and have been making console games since the PS1. However, they're a bit infamous for making mediocre-to-average games while slapping a license onto them. Here are a couple of games they've made and the average Gamefaqs USER rating for them:

-007 Racing [PS1] 4.2/10
    -Big Mutha Truckers [PS2] 6.4/10
    -Hummer Badlands [PS2] 5.8/10
    -Ford vs. Chevy [PS2] 5.3/10
    -Cartoon Network Racing [PS2] 7.7/10
    -Hot Wheels: Beat That! [Wii] 4.6/10
    -Pimp My Ride [Wii] 1.9/10
    -Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli [PS3] 7.0/10

If they were really that small, they wouldn't be obtaining licenses left and right like this [or have had partnerships with EA, THQ, AND Activision for as long as they have). They have the money at least to make a realistic Watkins Glen:

Justin.tv - NASCAR THE GAME 2011 - NASCAR THE GAME 2001

It could not have been that difficult to mirror the animations, the bones in the crew are not dependent on the textures. I don't understand why they went out of their way to develop the track's pit lane like this when they are supposed to be going for realism.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  18. Mo Neenja31

Mo Neenja31 Rocketman Banned

This game needs to be fixed. Period.

19. pennst24

pennst24 Well-Known Member

A terrible game, only slightly improved over EA's later titles, and even that Im still debating.

20. dalejrfanone

dalejrfanone Well-Known Member

By the sounds of things ill just be renting this game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.