Latest resources

The Fastest ¼ Mile in the Northeast gets the "Full Monty" PST treatment with this 2020 facelift!
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS20 Mustang Template 2048 x 2048 Update MattyO
Bigger rear decal (tail light decal)
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS Mod Cts Physics MattyO
NXS20 Mod Cts Physics
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS Mod Cup Physics MattyO
NXS20 Mod Cup Physics
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
SRD NXS20 Blender Scene Burnout
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

NTG 2011 Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathan Patten

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
If anyone wants to race on Xbox 360, my gamertag is "DTK Brochacho" Note that I don't have a wheel and I tend to wreck a lot on superspeedways!

David24

Supreme Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
exactly this is a great frist adtemp. it annoys me to hell that no one else seems to realize that expect a select few.
This is a sorry excuse, no more no less. Would you hire a first-timer to re-build your roof? And if they leave holes in it would you say "Oh that's OK, it's only your first time! :)"? No.

They had all the resources in the world. They had the people to develop it. This is not kindergarten. You don't get an A+ for effort.

So for those of you who think I'm whining and bashing I'll give you this: The graphics and detail look truly spectacular. I can't say much else since I haven't played it (probably never will) I'm still patiently waiting for a PC Nascar game to come. I still don't see why they didn't release this title for the PC, since every other PC game is hacked/torrented/modded.

I'll admit from day one I looked down to this game but underneath it all if I had a PS3 or 260 I would have bought it. But no matter what I'll still always have my PS2 and NT2003-2004 and D2D.

Markfan

Sim Racing Designosaur
SRD Member
Reaction score
This is a sorry excuse, no more no less. Would you hire a first-timer to re-build your roof? And if they leave holes in it would you say "Oh that's OK, it's only your first time! :)"? No.
It also isn't even their first time, they've done 23 racing (and ONLY racing) games for the past fourteen years, which makes the excuse that it was their first time even less valid.

They had all the resources in the world. They had the people to develop it. This is not kindergarten. You don't get an A+ for effort.
Exactly.

So for those of you who think I'm whining and bashing I'll give you this: The graphics and detail look truly spectacular.
And even that is mostly true because of the graphics/rendering engine, not necessarily the models. If you took NR2k3's physics and placed it in, say, the Unreal Engine 3 (and, of course, made it multi-core compatible), it would be drop-dead gorgeous with the mods currently out.

I can't say much else since I haven't played it (probably never will) I'm still patiently waiting for a PC Nascar game to come. I still don't see why they didn't release this title for the PC, since every other PC game is hacked/torrented/modded.
That's the very reason console games usually aren't published for the PC anymore: because of all the pirates. Regardless if that was sarcasm or not, it's the truth.

Last edited:

Numbers

SRD Member
Reaction score
It also isn't even their first time, they've done 23 racing (and ONLY racing) games for the past fourteen years, which makes the excuse that it was their first time even less valid.

You Both Misunterstood me.It's there first attempt at an NASCAR game.

Markfan

Sim Racing Designosaur
SRD Member
Reaction score
You Both Misunterstood me.It's there first attempt at an NASCAR game.
We understood you, but that's still not an excuse on their part. People pay for a fully-functional product, not one still in development.

Lap_Down

SRD Member
Reaction score
Back when it first came out it was $250-$300. Now you can get it for $75-$100
What? LOL. Got mine for $50 at CompUSA when it first came out in '03. I did also pay around $1200 for my new PC and fancy graphics card back then though. LOL. And I am still using that same old PC now too. LOL.

...and I detect a hint of tension being built up. Let it out and let's be polite to each other here
LOL. When I rent a bad movie I feel sick that I just wasted 5 bucks (yah, I'm like the only person that still goes to Blockbuster Video, lol), so feeling like you wasted $60+ must be brutal.

Analogy time. Would you want to sit down after a hard day's work and watch an action movie or a movie that is deep and needs you to pay attention? Or, arcade vs sim? There's more arcade/casual players who own a console, unlike the PC you don't see 'remove controller' threads on PS3 sim sites.
IMO with a more aracadish Nascar game once the novelty of the fun and newness starts to wear off... the game will start to lose its appeal more quickly. Whereas if it were a more sim-ish Nascar game... the experience would be more rewarding as you gradually learn to get better (assuming it is a good game of course, lol).

Competition is great for the game industry...

Leave it to one company, and you get what EA dished out BECAUSE they didn't have a reason to put more effort in.
I agree... more people mean more ideas on how to make a game better. And if an idea is good enough the other company will just copy it. LOL.

But no matter what I'll still always have my PS2 and NT2003-2004 and D2D.
I was gonna buy NTG2011, but at the last moment I chickened out and bought NT2004 for my old PS2 for $1 at a local used stuff store. LOL. NT2004 is the first non NR2002/NR2003 racing game I've ever played... man... I can't even do a lap without hitting the wall on this game... at any track. LOL. I do love seeing all the 2002 Looney Toons cars in the game though. LOL.

This looks very promising. If we get even half of this I will be happy.
Yah. Those Patch #2 fixes really do look promising. IMO they should have just delayed the game one more month and fixed everything. They should have did some public beta testing or something.

Numbers

SRD Member
Reaction score
Let This gameplay video make up your mind.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XyPFr8Ov5Q]YouTube - NTG Upload test[/ame]

TheJ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Is it me or do they have the sun at Daytona in the wrong place? Should be outside of turn 1. small thing I know, but couldn't not notice it :p still yet to play online, just got a new router so haven't gotten the ps3 connected yet

pranker5150

SRD Member
Reaction score
Stop comparing EA's games and NTG 2011 to NR2003! You can't make a game as big and realistic as NR2003 for a console! You payed $300 for NR2003 because it was so realistic, so detailed, there were so many 3D models, all that stuff. You can't make a $60 console game as or MORE realistic than NR2003. It's just an arcade game! You can't say it sucks and is "unrealistic" when it's not really meant to be THAT realistic.

You people rip off some really great arcadish games just because it's not "realistic" enough for you.

This is really hard to explain and I hate explaining it to people ALL THE TIME.

Yea, but what is sad about the whole entire game was the advertisement. People got nothing of what they were lead to believe. Even a good arcade game has some sort of physics and such. The racing in ntg2011 is great, but the crashes... not so much. not to mention the little details of nascar they left out.

IAmLambert

SRD Member
Reaction score
Well after about 6 good hours of playing NGT11 it is one of the worst NASCAR games ever! The physics are all kinds of screwed up, the AI is stupider than Obama, and the racing is ****. Glad I did not buy this game. It's going back to gamefly next week.

Carl Robinson

I'm just better than you.
SRD Member
Reaction score
There is really no need to drag politicians into this and DaveT over at the forums has an ever growing list of things to patch so hopefully within the next month or so it becomes funner

Markfan

Sim Racing Designosaur
SRD Member
Reaction score
Stop comparing EA's games and NTG 2011 to NR2003! You can't make a game as big and realistic as NR2003 for a console!
I REALLY hope that you aren't serious. First of all, the processing power on the X360 and PS3 are around four times as strong as the PCs it was intended for, are you going to tell me that they would have run out of memory trying to outdo a game that can be run on a Windows 98?

You payed $300 for NR2003 because it was so realistic, so detailed, there were so many 3D models, all that stuff.
This is quite flawed. It wasn't even $40 on the shelves, and it has YET to hit $300 on eBay, it's closer to $100-$150 SEALED, double digits open.

You can't make a $60 console game as or MORE realistic than NR2003.
See my first answer, this is as far from the truth as possible.

It's just an arcade game! You can't say it sucks and is "unrealistic" when it's not really meant to be THAT realistic.
However, simply being an arcade game does not give it a free ticket to be buggy and unfinished. Are you trying to tell me that stuff like this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrK_RFpyujg&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL]YouTube - Nascar The Game 2011 Hood Flying Off HD[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWp1M90euxQ]YouTube - NASCAR 2011: Game Breaking ONLINE GLITCH![/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A_mjKvsM-s]YouTube - Nascar The Game : 2011 Glitch Start[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo1NbdQM_ys]YouTube - Nascar the game 2011 glitches[/ame]

Are attributes you find in an arcade game?

You people rip off some really great arcadish games just because it's not "realistic" enough for you.
Not true, I LOVE Daytona USA, Cruis'n series, and NASCAR Thunder. Those are all arcade-y games that are fun to play in, and are complete.

This is really hard to explain and I hate explaining it to people ALL THE TIME.
It's not that hard to explain. There are arcade games that successfully do what they intend, and there are others that . . . . . .

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2djBsPzA9xE]YouTube - Nascar The Game 2011 Bristol Ai Big One[/ame]

don't.

I'm all for a well-made arcade racer, this, in my opinion, is not one. You can even tell by looking at THEIR forums that around half of the users are frustrated with what they have received.

and is it me most of hte people complaining own the X360 verison? i have the ps3 version with little to no problems.
Actually, the PS3 version is supposed to be even glitchier, even with the patch. The discs seem to be inconsistent in the amount of issues.

game freezes-just once
A game should NEVER have freezing issues, and you're one of the lucky ones, many have had it freeze on a nearly race-to-race basis.

game killing bugs-NONE
Apparently, freezing is not a "game killing bug", and see the above videos of races that couldn't even get started.

JRRacing64

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Just got done with some Online racing. Had a few good groups. Lots of bugs at times. But overall not bad. I'm feeling better about the car handling now I've had some time to adjust. Most of the problem was just over driving the corners. Backing off early did the trick. The online glitches seem to be the biggest issue. But I'm quite happy with te game so far.

MattyO

SJW & Woke Hater
Admin
Reaction score
I don't know what's more annoying. The glitches or the kid saying "oh my god, dude! oh my god dude!"

RR1292

SRD Member
Reaction score
I don't know what's more annoying. The glitches or the kid saying "oh my god, dude! oh my god dude!"
Which one was that? The one with all the wrecks? B/c I thought the first one with all the cautions the guy's voice was HILARIOUS!!!!! XD

Markfan

Sim Racing Designosaur
SRD Member
Reaction score
Which one was that? The one with all the wrecks? B/c I thought the first one with all the cautions the guy's voice was HILARIOUS!!!!! XD
The video with Jamie McMurray facing to the right on the "thumbnail" image, it's title is "NASCAR The Game: 2011 Glitch Start".

RR1292

SRD Member
Reaction score
Ahhh yeah that kid was annoying!! I thought the glitches in that one were pretty cool especially when that car came out of nowhere and t-boned his car! But yeah I'm glad the Wii version has been delayed until May so hopefully I won't get a glitchy game like the Xbox and PS3 versions have.

Status
Not open for further replies.