Latest resources

The Fastest ¼ Mile in the Northeast gets the "Full Monty" PST treatment with this 2020 facelift!
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS20 Mustang Template 2048 x 2048 Update MattyO
Bigger rear decal (tail light decal)
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS Mod Cts Physics MattyO
NXS20 Mod Cts Physics
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS Mod Cup Physics MattyO
NXS20 Mod Cup Physics
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
SRD NXS20 Blender Scene Burnout
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

NTG:IL Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantomguy24

TyV2
SRD Member
Reaction score
this sounds promising. I loved Nascar thunder 2003 and 2004 for giving you a bad car from the start and getting a 35th place was a huge victory. If this game can emulate that as you build up your racing career then it'll be fun.

Is there a way to start career's over if you want as well? Also can you race custom schemes in career too?
Yes to the first question, no to the second. you get a prepainted car with each primary sponsor you pick up, and they change the number on the side to match the one you pick.

Mystical

Always 110%
SRD Member
Reaction score
Yes to the first question, no to the second. you get a prepainted car with each primary sponsor you pick up, and they change the number on the side to match the one you pick.
aww that is lame you cannot use custom schemes for the career. oh well.

dalejrgamer

$9.99/mo
SRD Member
Reaction score
The second two are challenges that use Telemetry Data, what that means is the line & lap times the cars are running is based off of the GPS captured from the cars in real life during that race done by 5 GPS samples per second. In the first Challenge video because he slowed down the Telemetry car said car had to accelerate super fast to get back to the position it was supposed to be at & in the second one the Telemetry cars are just following the line they did in real life nomatter the obstruction. Not really glitches.

Think of it as like a Slotcar where it has that specific lane that it runs in & that lane only, if something somehow gets in its way it's going to knock it out of it's way.
That explains it. Still, I think an automatic challenge failed message would suffice if the player falls back too much.

Fisha695

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
They also like to pit at the same time.
I'm guessing you are running at something other then 1x wear? When you're running more then 1x wear is the only time it really seems to be an issue (according to reports on the NTG forums), and a poster over there actually brought up a good reason as to why it is that way. With 1x wear there is let's say a 5 lap pit-window, but when you up the wear it basically shortens that window to 1 or 2 laps so therefore the AI don't have the time to pit on different laps.

3. The setups like to change by itself after the player makes a adjustment.
This is an issue that is actively being looked into. The biggest question is why is it happening on the release version of the game but not in the development version.

I went back to Nascar Thunder 2004. Why can't they just pay EA for their platform, update the graphics and BAM! there is a game.
NT2004 actually used the same ISI base engine that was used for rFactor & later ASR (and I'm guessing rFactor 2 still uses the same base engine just tweaked even more).

Also can you race custom schemes in career too?
aww that is lame you cannot use custom schemes for the career. oh well.
It's a licensing issue, apparently a bunch of companies weren't happy after the last game that they could be signed to your car for sponsorship but then you could create logos of competing companies and put them on the same car that the other company is sponsoring.

Paul Johnson

Ultimate Frisbee is the way to go!
SRD Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if you can race custom schemes online on 360 this time around?

Pabig

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
NT2004 actually used the same ISI base engine that was used for rFactor & later ASR (and I'm guessing rFactor 2 still uses the same base engine just tweaked even more).
This only applies to the PC version which was dramaticly different from the PS2 and Xbox versions.

ckgordon24

SRD Member
Reaction score
I'm going to give this game another chance tomorrow. The game has many positives and I just want a Nascar console game to play. If it doesn't go well then I will wait for a patch.

David24

Supreme Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Just bought the game after work and played about an hour of it. So far it's awesome. I did mostly testing to get a feel for the controls and handling (wish I could use the analog sticks for throttle and brake) but I did do one 9 lap race at Talladega on Hard, and the AI to me was weird. The top two pulled away as soon as the race started. And when I passed anyone they would maybe bump draft me once but then dropped back about 2 seconds behind me. It was strange.

Mystical

Always 110%
SRD Member
Reaction score
It's a licensing issue, apparently a bunch of companies weren't happy after the last game that they could be signed to your car for sponsorship but then you could create logos of competing companies and put them on the same car that the other company is sponsoring.
that is the dumbest thing ever then. Even the EA games let us use custom schemes for career mode. As a painter (as most of you know lol) having a custom design for racing to me is just as or more important than racing (for me).

So it's a huge letdown I can't use my design in career mode at all. At least I still have NR2003 and paint as much as I want without restriction. They will never take that joy away from me lol

Elio Lugaru

NASCAR Furry
SRD Member
Reaction score
How LAME! I mean we do it with NR2003, Good thing it's not Eutechnyx's fault for this.
Know what i say to those companies? LIVE WITH IT!

:/ Stupid Licensing Issue. Really sucks we can't use custom schemes in career mode.
Oh well. I wont let this one downside keep me from getting this game :)

that is the dumbest thing ever then. Even the EA games let us use custom schemes for career mode. As a painter (as most of you know lol) having a custom design for racing to me is just as or more important than racing (for me).

So it's a huge letdown I can't use my design in career mode at all. At least I still have NR2003 and paint as much as I want without restriction. They will never take that joy away from me lol
Thats one thing i did for NASCAR 2005: Chase For The Cup. NASCAR 06: Total Team Control And NASCAR 07 (Both Console & PlayStation Portable Verison)
I used the Money Cheat Code so i can go owner with my own number and scheme.

Last edited:

Evolution9

Just Be Yourself Dont Care What Other Thinks!
SRD Member
Reaction score
The game is way much better then last one.I got mine copy since yesterday I only played it for an hour.I do like how they give you sponsors for upgrading the car.

Zoom

Real Men Race Dirt
SRD Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how or when you can get a new primary sponsorship?

David24

Supreme Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
So I've played this a ton since last night, and it gets my approval. But the 1.01 update is a must since without it the AI is pretty bad, it's still not perfect but it's good I'd say. Plate racing is really good. The bump drafting is awesome and realistic, also the AI bump draft you as long as you stay in a nice straight line which is cool.

Career mode is decent so far, I've only done three races though. Kind of a bummer that I can't race a custom scheme but for me that doesn't affect my enjoyment of career mode. Everything is just about true to the real thing. Driver's behavior, race rules...everything.

Graphically this game is spectacular. So much eye candy in everything from the cars to the tracks. When your engine overheats the little spout even bursts water. Windshield gets dirty. The tire model looks great. And the interior of the cars are amazing as well...

I may be going insane or something, but I believe some drivers have different dash setups than others. But I was pleasantly surprised to see that each driver had there own suit/helmet designs. Adds so much more to the game. The damage model on the other hand is pretty bad. If you scrape the wall it looks like a mad ex girlfriend took a sledge hammer to the side.

It's awesome to have the plate spoilers at plate tracks too. The two things that bug me when racing at plate tracks is that the rear bumper on every car has a black line running around the bottom (can kinda see it in the pic below) and that some cars have the SS grills and others don't.

I think it's a great game. Well worth it. Note that I have not played last years game, all I know about it is that it got a terrible rep so somethings might not be new that I pointed out. And these pics I posted are from my game off my PS3.

Racing at Talladega

Phantomguy24

TyV2
SRD Member
Reaction score
I'm nicknaming my first career season the quest to beat Joe Nemecheck. I've got two finishes inside the top 20, although I did manage to draft my way to a win at dega. I'm running championship mode with no assists.

rocketman

#kachow
SRD Member
Reaction score
How LAME! I mean we do it with NR2003, Good thing it's not Eutechnyx's fault for this.
Know what i say to those companies? LIVE WITH IT!

:/ Stupid Licensing Issue. Really sucks we can't use custom schemes in career mode.
Oh well. I wont let this one downside keep me from getting this game :)

Thats one thing i did for NASCAR 2005: Chase For The Cup. NASCAR 06: Total Team Control And NASCAR 07 (Both Console & PlayStation Portable Verison)
I used the Money Cheat Code so i can go owner with my own number and scheme.
I would blame Dollar General for this. I can put UPS and FedEx on the same car in the Paint Booth. I can put Mobil 1 and Quaker State on the same car. But everytime I try to put any type of store on a car with Dollar General, it says "This decal conflicts with Dollar General" Even Bass Pro Shops "Conflicts"! :-/
Best Part: I can't even put DG and Home Depot on the same car. :p

Last edited:

Mo Neenja31

Rocketman
Banned
Reaction score
I would blame Dollar General for this. I can put UPS and FedEx on the same car in the Paint Booth. I can put Mobil 1 and Quaker State on the same car. But everytime I try to put any type of store on a car with Dollar General, it says "This decal conflicts with Dollar General" Even Bass Pro Shops "Conflicts"! :-/
Best Part: I can't even put DG and Home Depot on the same car. :p
Wtf? That really needs to be looked into

Mystical

Always 110%
SRD Member
Reaction score
glad to see I am not the only crazy painter here that is a little annoyed about the fact no custom cars in career. It's not a deal breaker for me but they could have at least let us design the base colors for the car and #.

Also what difficulty are you guys racing in career mode? I had mine on medium thinking with the downgraded career car would make drafting hard. I qualified 1st and won at daytona with like a 6 second lead ... was not really impressed that I could get away from the pack on an underpowered car so easily. I guess I will notch it up to hard but feel the other tracks it might make it insane then.

Paul Johnson

Ultimate Frisbee is the way to go!
SRD Member
Reaction score
glad to see I am not the only crazy painter here that is a little annoyed about the fact no custom cars in career. It's not a deal breaker for me but they could have at least let us design the base colors for the car and #.

Also what difficulty are you guys racing in career mode? I had mine on medium thinking with the downgraded career car would make drafting hard. I qualified 1st and won at daytona with like a 6 second lead ... was not really impressed that I could get away from the pack on an underpowered car so easily. I guess I will notch it up to hard but feel the other tracks it might make it insane then.
If you want realism i suggest going champion! you won't get better than like 41st in the daytona 500! :p

David24

Supreme Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score

You can change the difficulty before each race in career mode. I used Champion at Daytona, and I finished 20th in the 500. Then on to Phoenix I went down to Hard and rand top 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.