1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE

NXS17 Delay

Discussion in 'Forum Rules and Announcements' started by MattyO, Mar 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member

I hate writing this. But we are delaying the NXS17 mod. It appears the nascar has mandated some changes to the splitter which has shortened it considerably. As well as some cockpit changes? I'm still researching that, and if anyone has info and pictures on what has changed in the xfinity series cockpits, that would be very helpful. While it doesn't seem like such a big change, it is a significant change considering the mod is finished and we have to go back and change it.

As a result, damage models have to be redone, LOD's have to be redone etc.. Not an easy change mod wise.

Since we are making that change. We have decided to revisit the models one last time and refine them with some more additional bells and whistles on top of the ones you haven't even seen yet. As well as refining/correcting the bodies to make them a bit smoother in area's that need it and reshaping area's that need to make them look a little more accurate.

Hang tight, should be well worth the wait.

2. Thunder98

Thunder98 SRD Moderator Moderator

Do what you guys gotta do, Matt. Some things just can't be helped.

MattyO and 11rows0f3 like this.
  3. Shockey Rai

Shockey Rai NASCAR Furry, Sometimes Tiger, Sometimes Lucario.

Hey, It can't be helped sometimes, Delays happen!

MattyO likes this.
  4. TColeman12

TColeman12 #88Forever

@flyersfan4888
    I don't know if you'll be able to help out or not with pictures or stuff but I figured I'd tag you just in case you can.:):) :)

MattyO likes this.
  5. 4WideRacing

4WideRacing Well-Known Member

#NASCAR'sFault
    Can't wait for the improved mod!

MattyO likes this.
  6. flyersfan4888

flyersfan4888 I do things sometimes.

First time on SRD since Daytona and I see I'm tagged lol

Anyway, I havent noticed a significant *visual* difference in the cockpit that would warrant that being remodeled. Really, If you shorten the splitter and remodel the spoiler you might be golden. I'll see what I can do after we get back from Vegas since our finished cars are already loaded up.

MattyO and TColeman12 like this.
  7. syd217

syd217 Active Member

So it will be like Christmas, waiting to open your presents. I can't wait. :):):)

shaneshine23 and MattyO like this.
  8. J.R.Franklin

J.R.Franklin Well-Known Member

I'd blame the Russian's.

9. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Grease Monkey

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

10. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member

Thanks Jay! It appears I may have panicked about the cockpits because Alan showed me some pictures of Kyle Bush's car and it's hard to tell, but it look like he has a completely carbon fiber molded dashboard. I was wondering for safety reasons did they make all teams go to this dashboard? Seems not to me. Also it appears in the pic I saw, that the ignition modules have changed slightly as well? It looks like only one coil and module instead of having the backup next to it (totaling 2 coils, and 2 ignition modules). Looks like the branding has changed on the ignition system as well. I know it's minute details, but if we're doing this,, we might as well do it right.

Fyi for everyone, what we have already changed is the rear spoiler. Completely new nose on the chevy which you have seen. The Toyota has had it's nose redone. Along with the 3d molded bar (looks miles better than the first version). Added the transponder on the roof. Reworked the tires so that they don't have that sharp edge to them anymore. I gave a little more tlc to the cockpit textures. Also brand new spek gauges.

Now we are revisiting the models and changing/adding a few more details to them. But I won't say. Gotta leave some surprises for ya right?

Sorry again, but none of us working on the mod felt it was right to release it knowing the front splitter had changed. It would have stuck out like a sore thumb as an obvious miss. This is hard fellas. Trying to get a mod done in time and finished for the race after Daytona is damn near impossible because it's so hard to find reference pics before they actually hit the track and know exactly what they should look like. Doing it before they hit the track is difficult. It's a lot of guessing involved.

So lesson learned. Sometimes it's just better to wait and see, then change what we need to on the models. But that means the public doesn't get the mod till 1/4 or 1/3 of the way into the race season. I digress. The good news is it's almost finished. Just a couple few more weeks now if I were to guess. I have a fuck ton of punch list items I need to address with this mod, so I better get back at it.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  11. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member

FYI......
    We scrapped the mod. We are starting over. We decided it's the right thing to do this time. It's not a total rebuild, but we are going over the models again and making changes to everything we want to fix now that we have enough authentic race ready pics from the cars out on the track.

Here's a shot of the completely refined camaro. Notice the bells and whistles, smoothed out fenders, slimmed down a-pillar etc... Lot's of changes.
    [​IMG]

12. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ. Moderator

Really looking forward to this. Been with y'all since NNS 11, and enjoyed it. Can't wait to play this.

13. S. Yogurt

S. Yogurt Well-Known Member

This looks great, guys. Excellent work. It's a little painful to think that the Camry will need an update again for next year (they're still running last year's Camry, while cup is on the new generation). But as always, the work you guys do is appreciated by everyone.

14. thedude1987

thedude1987 Web Guru of Many Race Teams

The entire mod will need a refresh for 2018 because of the composition body coming out late this year and then next year....

15. Alan Harkleroad

Alan Harkleroad SRD Site Administrator Paint Crew Admin

Coming along soon!

NR2003ss002.jpg NR2003ss003.jpg NR2003ss004.jpg NR2003ss006.jpg

Attached Files:

16. Jakub Smetana

Jakub Smetana Well-Known Member

Looks great :)

17. thierron

thierron Active Member Banned

18. El Chavito Del 8

El Chavito Del 8 Member

I'm so excited for the new mod. Simply amazing. Can't wait to play it.

19. flyersfan4888

flyersfan4888 I do things sometimes.

Looking sick bud! If ya need pics of anything else, just hollar! I'll be grabbing some more *texture* reference pics tomorrow at lunch for another modeler so I can send em your way too!

MattyO likes this.
  20. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reference pics Jay! We're pretty close at this point. Not too much longer :)

Steve7151, puckhogg11 and TColeman12 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.