1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

NXS19 Mod Thread

Discussion in 'NR2003 General Discussion' started by MattyO, Feb 18, 2019.

1. EarnhardtFan

EarnhardtFan Residential Twitch Addict

I personally would like to keep the Challenger/Hellcat

Tetronix likes this.
  2. crazyboy335

crazyboy335 #50in07

Make a handful of versions, like how Rioux had NNS13 with the Camaro/Impala or Camaro/Challenger.

3. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member Admin

Nope

4. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 Lt. Commish - SRD Pick' Em Series

joeykraus19 and MattyO like this.
  5. EarnhardtFan

EarnhardtFan Residential Twitch Addict

Even better, stuff the old Camry, old Camaro, the Challenger, AND the Hellcat in lol. I know it's overkill, but IIRC @Thunder98 said it was possible to have more than 4 makes in a mod a while back, you just need to access the extras through WinMip. I know it won't happen but it's something I'd possibly like to see in the future.

6. Johnnyk1990

Johnnyk1990 Well-Known Member

You could do some sort of vote/poll on what to do with the 4th make and that be that, I personally wouldn't mind if you made your own version of Pontiac myself

7. crazyboy335

crazyboy335 #50in07

Understandable have a nice day

8. kritzone

kritzone Matt Kenseth Fan

Here's a good shot of Bell's car:
    [​IMG]

joeykraus19 and MattyO like this.
  9. Thunder98

Thunder98 Well-Known Member

Though I did say that, Cosmin was the one who discovered that while making the Cup98 mod.

10. MattyO

I guess I could have expanded on my answer. What you are asking to do is very time consuming and in my opinion, just mine mind you, a waste of time and resources. We are trying to do a quickie update. That suggestion isn't a quick update.

I'm using this thread as a educational thread on what it takes to make a mod. I think this will open peoples eye's on what's involved. I plan on kinda laying out what we have to do so everyone knows where we stand. Stay tuned.

11. Steve7151

Steve7151 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hopefully these help as well.

12. JCal-MX

JCal-MX Well-Known Member

Hope these help. 92AABC30-73AE-4E9F-AEEA-0E298E4980CA.jpeg A8F3BF2A-1871-4D43-A0EF-6F9B52DAD936.jpeg 6E3B06B4-24DA-40A0-AD23-646A58ECB17D.jpeg

13. mtblillie

mtblillie Well-Known Member

God the Supra is just fugly.

Edit: If I'm going to post something it might as well be useful. Found this image on facebook:
    53176195_2563600763714976_290576433317675008_n.jpg

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  14. Racingfan83

Racingfan83 Well-Known Member

@MattyO what I meant about the low gauge was that it goes red and runs hot at 200 degrees, where in for example the CWS15 trucks it goes red at 220/240. Just a little more realistic. One more thing is it would be awesome to have a set of pre-attached contigs on the Supra and Mustang templates like there is on the Camaro template. I really appreciate you involving all of us in the creation process and am excited to see what you create as an end result!

joeykraus19 likes this.
  15. Wheatenland

Wheatenland FSE Tracks

After watching the race looks like the gauges in the current mod are pretty much spot on to what they are currently running as far as design and layout.

16. MattyO

Hmm, you're right. Can anyone confirm that the BGN physics are the same when it comes to temps? If so, I never caught that during testing. I guess I have to rotate the gauge or needle to make that accurate.
    Good catch.

Racingfan83 likes this.
  17. MattyO

But do they go red at 200* or 220* in BGN physics is what I am wondering. It's not a huge change to fix it, but I think I copied exactly what the stock gauges were as far as placement. But I've been known to fuck up a time or two,lol. I also can't believe it's taken this long for someone to notice if it is in fact the wrong placement of my water temp gauge.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  18. crazyboy335

crazyboy335 #50in07

The gauges on CWS15 are set at angles and/or have scales changed so the readings are more realistic. The rev limiter hits at "10k" instead of 9k like in the game, that's just done by angling the tach so it looks like it's hitting 10k.

JCal-MX and joeykraus19 like this.
  19. thedude1987

thedude1987 King of Pepsi, Racer, Family Man!

thats an 18 Camaro with 19 lights i believe

MattyO likes this.
  20. MattyO

Ok, so this is good. Maybe you guys will get an idea of how we go about updating a mod.

So, here is where we are at. We are gathering pictures (obviously) so our boy @Smoke OR can model the new front ends of the Supra and Camaro.

Then what? Well, when he feels good about the noses, he'll give me (and whoever else is involved) the shell of the body. In carviewer format of course. So, when we have he .x file, it's my job and whoever else has the .x file to do extensive warp testing. How do you do that you ask? Well, a couple of different ways. I like to make a 2048x2048 checkerboard pattern and place it on the body (learned that trick from @Burnout ).

What does that do? Well, once it's placed on the body, you are looking for squares that are no longer square. They might be stretched out, they might be skewed left or right, or worse. If you see squares that are stretched out, or skewed crazy, you've got a warp issue. Meaning, you place a logo there, the logo will look distorted. The other way to check for warp, and by no means are the 2 examples I'm giving the only way to check for warp, you can slap logo's all over the body. And you're looking for the same thing. You're looking for stretched out logo's, skewed left or right.

While you're warp testing, you're also checking for accuracy. Compare what you are seeing to the reference pictures you have gathered up. It's not glorious work, but it's THE most important part of the process. Because should we say everything looks good and move forward. The next step is to get the LOD's done, damage models get done, and so on and so forth.

If after all that is done and we find an inaccuracy, or a warp issue, well, it's too late. That ship has sailed and we are too far into it to start back from the beginning. Now you have a better understanding as to why when you guys say that looks off, or can you fix x,y,z and we say nope. You're not talking about fixing one minor thing. That one minor thing means doing all the LOD's and damage models over again. I'll get into LOD's and damage models later. But for now, one step at a time.