1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

NXS19 Mod Thread

Discussion in 'NR2003 General Discussion' started by MattyO, Feb 18, 2019.

1. crazyboy335

crazyboy335 #50in07 Banned

I've always used the airbrush tool with low hardness and opacity to do shading.

MattyO and Skyline like this.
  2. bubba025

bubba025 "I Wanna Go Fast."

Fantastic work on that Camaro nose, boys!!!

3. JCal-MX

JCal-MX Well-Known Member

Looks good!

4. Skyline

Skyline Graphic Designer Skyline Customs

Woah Matt..

nascarfan9 likes this.
  5. racestarstud

racestarstud Well-Known Member

That's why people need to quit complaining and be more appreciative. Just from what you mentioned about the NXS11, that's at least 450 hours. There's a lot of people who if they had to do their own mods would probably quit after a couple of hours of working on it, much less get up to that many hours. So the fact that there are people like yourself and others who are willing to do it deserve more respect then for people to be complaining and being impatient asking when it'll be done.

6. Rogue

Rogue Well-Known Member

Camaro is looking Killer! I shade using gradients + eraser tool.

MattyO, joeykraus19 and Skyline like this.
  7. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member Admin

Next mission should you choose to accept it...... I've got feelers out there for the new camaro decals. But in the meantime, I could use some high res shots of the front of the Camaro so I can steal those decals and cut,copy and paste the hell out of them to get them to fit on the template.

8. Skyline

Skyline Graphic Designer Skyline Customs

I'll see if next weekend I can't take some pictures and send them your way

9. racestarstud

Should we be worried about anything self destructing in 5 seconds?

10. thedude1987

thedude1987 King of Pepsi, Racer, Family Man!

11. mtblillie

mtblillie It's MTB Lillie, not MT Billy

Wow these are really good pictures!

Skyline likes this.
  12. Smoke14

Smoke14 NR2003 Painter

You guys are doing an amazing job on this. Can't wait to have it in my hands, but I guess I have to.

Skyline, BAMA92 and InsideLine like this.
  13. botpixel

botpixel New Member

amazing job so far! also, i'm a painter and i'd love to help paint some cars once the time comes. i can send examples of some things i've done in the past if you'd like to see!

14. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member Admin

Welp, it finally happened. I've completely lost interest in doing anything related to NR2003.
    I'm sorry to everyone that got their hopes up for an updated mod. I just don't have the passion to want to make stuff for everyone anymore.

4WideRacing likes this.
  15. TheBarneStorm

TheBarneStorm Painter, Nr2003 noob. Banned

you think you could pass it along to someone else to finish it, since you already had the Camaro done..? But if not i understand, and will hope you get your passion back soon.

16. Tetronix

Tetronix #48EVER

Easier said than done. Making a mod is incredibly time-consuming, and it's ultimately about trying to find someone who wants to set time aside to finish it, especially if the person(s) working to create it isn't very experienced or as efficient in the programs required to create the models, textures and other stuff.

17. rob989

rob989 Well-Known Member

This saddens me. Wasnt expecting it at all. Still appreciate the effort you guys took at it and hopefully someone finishes the mod

18. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

Totally understand. Thank you for at least giving it a go.

racestarstud likes this.
  19. racestarstud

I think this is part of why it's hard to keep the passion to make and release content for the community. It's not the only reason - our lives change as we get older - but it doesn't help either.

It's not really understanding though if you first thought was about the mod and not the person whose been doing it.

Tetronix explained it pretty well.

The thing is that this community is more take then give nowadays. We don't have enough people stepping up trying to make content. When you look at whose making and releasing things (not counting member uploads at NNRacing or sites similar) it's a lot of the same people who have been doing it for 10 years or more. When one leaves the community or stops providing content usually they aren't replaced or it may be several years down the road before they are.

This community can't keep depending on the same guys though. They're getting older and have families now and some have jobs that are very demanding of their time and energy. And some have been doing this for so long that they're getting tired of doing it. Their mental health is more important then whether you have new content to use.

I'm not saying every member needs to step up and learn stuff but there are people out there who could learn this stuff and instead is expecting someone else to do it.

What I'm getting at is that when these guys leave you're going to have to have replacements or the community will suffer. Like I consider Cosmin a replacement for Denis Rioux, but what happens when Cosmin quits and no one's replacing him? That's something people in the community might want to start considering and at least maybe try to learn how to do some stuff themselves. Cause if we don't start replacing some of the guys who are leaving the content creating business then we're eventually going to stop getting new content.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  20. InsideLine

InsideLine Hey Man! Careful there's a beverage here!

^^well said^^

Petty4345, MattyO and racestarstud like this.