Latest resources

The Fastest ¼ Mile in the Northeast gets the "Full Monty" PST treatment with this 2020 facelift!
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS20 Mustang Template 2048 x 2048 Update MattyO
Bigger rear decal (tail light decal)
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS Mod Cts Physics MattyO
NXS20 Mod Cts Physics
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS Mod Cup Physics MattyO
NXS20 Mod Cup Physics
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
SRD NXS20 Blender Scene Burnout
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

Official Drivers List

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffJordan

My name is no longer Jeff Jordan
SRD Member
Reaction score
:noway:
3.) Yeah, your probably right but that game still has fictional drivers and tracks
4.) Danica and JJC are NOT fictional drivers!
5.) EA never gave you the options to modify a COMPLETE setup in the garage and on raceday like NTG does, NTG evn lets you do whatever the crew chiefs in REAL LIFE do during pitstops.
6.) go ask Dave on twitter

and who gives a crap if i'm a fanboy, yes i can't wait for this game that is BETTER than EA.
What annoys me is that you haven't even played it yet and you're praising it like it's reinventing the wheel.

dalejrgamer

$9.99/mo
SRD Member
Reaction score
I really think it's a Generational thing. I grewup with an Atari in my house, my first console that was actually mine was a Sega Genesis, followed by an SNES, PS1 & N64, they all literally were "Compact Home Arcade Systems". I remember Friday and Saturday nights where you'd get together with a group of friends and go to the local arcade and blow through $25 of quarters playing Daytona USA, Crusi'n USA, Hydro Thunder, that Sniper game, and various others. I guess what I'm getting at is in my (and yours) formative years of gaming we gamed to escape reality not to try and live in some alternate form of it like this new generation of gamers is.
I was born in 1990, and basically my first console is an NES. Grew up with the Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64 (lol). I basically belong with the PS2 era of gaming (hell, I still have the bulky one even after release). And about arcades, I blew the coins off essentially every fun game I can touch like the Giants last week. Ahh, good times.

By the way, "that Sniper game" is Silent Scope. Pretty fun, too, if you're the patient type.

Markfan

Sim Racing Designosaur
SRD Member
Reaction score
If I recall, NT2004 had way more
^^This^^

Drivers available:

NT2004: 50 Official Drivers (not including legends)
-39 Winston drivers
-11 Busch drivers (Stanton Barrett, Mike Bliss, Coy Gibbs, Tina Gordon, David Green, Kevin Grubb, Ron Hornaday, Ashton Lewis Jr., Chase Montgomery, Brian Vickers, and Scott Wimmer)
-[Jeff Burton, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Kevin Harvick also had their Busch schemes included]
-(There were also 10 legendary drivers, who accounted for 19 more schemes)

N2011: 43
-37 Sprint Cup drivers
-2 Nationwide driver (Danica Patrick, Trevor Bayne)
-4 Camping World drivers (Todd Bodine, Jennifer Jo Cobb, Aric Amirola, Ryan Truex)

Paint schemes:

NT2004: 99 (84 Winston, 15 Busch. IN ADDITION to the numbers to the left, legends account for another 19, while there were 106 [not a typo] returning schemes, one championship tribute car for Tony, and 32 test cars.)
N 2011: 74* (68 Sprint confirmed, with possibly 5 more, 6 Busch/Camping schemes)

Top 3 Paint Scheme amounts per driver:

NT2003

NT2004 [excluding previous schemes, the most including those would be Johnny Benson with 15]:
Kurt Busch (5 schemes and 1 test car)
[plenty of other drives had 4 schemes, NOT including test cars, including them, it's nearly half of the field, including returning schemes, it's nearly 75% of the field.]

N2011:
Elliott Sadler (4 schemes from the year that was current, confirmed: Insignia/Best Buy)
Denny Hamlin (4 schemes from the year that was curren, FedEx: Ground, Express, Office, Freight)
Clint Bowyer (4 schemes from the year that was current, confirmed: Cheerios)
[all other drivers have 3 or less]

1. The cars in NTG REAL licensed manufacters
That was true for MOST of the EA games aswell, 2009 just happened to be the worst NASCAR game EA made . . . . . . Fictional manufacturers were only used before because in the trucks, Toyota opted out [or just didn't want their stuff licensed yet] in 2004, so they made the trucks generic, presumably something similar happened with Whelen.

2. The damage in NTG is a lot better
In terms of detail? Absolutely. In terms of realism? Debatable, I just don't see most of the images shown so far as realistic damage, except for a select few, which [strangely] were in the first batches, with the ones I think look the least realistic coming in the latest batch.

3. More paint schemes in NTG
See the above, EA had more licensed paint schemes AND real drivers than NTG does.

4. NO FICTIONALS!

Who said there weren't? If they have a career mode INCLUDING the capability of drivers to retire, there will need to be fictionals, simply because the amount of licensed drivers is equal to the amount of cars necessary on the track.

5. EA=Arcade, NTG=Simulation
Now I know this was from a video of the beta, but last time I checked, you can't use the slingshot effect with a torn up car, let alone stay in the draft when it's a COT (or pretty much any car period).

6. Absolutely NO limits on creating a car in NTG
You can't use Paintshop, Paint.net Gimp, or Photoshop since (if I read correctly a while back) you can't import them to a computer [or at least Windows]. I doubt the paint shop in NTG will be as good as them, Papyrus made the best racing physics engines (to the point where one made in 2003 helped Hamlin win at Pocono over three years after it's release, and is still used by many professional teams), but it's paint program is absolutely terrible, just try to use it.

7. Better track detail in NTG
No arguments here . . . . . .

8. NTG is more realistic than EA
Assumption ≠ Truth

Last edited:

N0Fear88

SRD Member
Reaction score
We all know know NTG11 will be better than NASCAR 09, the question is will NTG11 be better than NT04. So far content wise/feature wise NO. Gameplay YES.

As long as they get the physics and gameplay right for NTG11, it will be fine. Then in NTG12 they can add in a lot more cars/tracks/features.

SpeedEnergy

SRD Member
Reaction score
I'll admit I was wrong on the paint schemes.
I asked Dave on twitter, he said this game is a full blown simulation.
I mean the damage is better by detail.
EA never let you create logos, or edit/create a COMPLETE setup.
EA only let you do basics down pit road, NTG lets you do everything a real crew chief can do during the race.
The only thing I like about EA games was NT2004, N06, and the paint booth of 09, which again i was wrong saying EA has limits when creating a car, but NTG has no limit on creation too.

*Source: Twitter

Markfan

Sim Racing Designosaur
SRD Member
Reaction score
I asked Dave on twitter, he said this game is a full blown simulation.
EA Sport's Nascar SimRacing was supposed to be a simulation aswell, but, in fact, it feels more arcade-like than any other title I've played from them. Now, I'm not saying that it isn't a simulation, but seeing is believing, especially with racing games.

EA never let you create logos, or edit/create a COMPLETE setup.

EA only let you do basics down pit road, NTG lets you do everything a real crew chief can do during the race.
I do agree that EA's pit road selection was rather simplistic, but what is the list of things you can do on pit road in NTG?

The only thing I like about EA games was NT2004, N06, and the paint booth of 09, which again i was wrong saying EA has limits when creating a car, but NTG has no limit on creation too.
Except, once again, that you can't use your computer to create the files. I can't picture using a PS3 controller to create anything close to what I'd picture. At least with the Nascar Thunder games on the PC, you could make paintschemes relatively easily because the paint scheme files were all .bmps and .tgas, like what the NASCAR Racing series uses, and thus can be easily created in a paint program designed by paint program developers. As I have said, I really doubt that they'll be able to beat even Gimp in terms of accessibility, because they main focus isn't about designing a painting program, it's about designing a racer.

And also note this conversation on his twitter:

"can u download ur own logos for ur car via USB"

"No, you can't download, but you can create it in game and stamp it all over the car."

This means that you have to make every logo from scratch, and you can't share those logos with other people via the web. For most people out there, that's about as good as just having a fixed sponsor roster like EA's.

Now, I'm not trying to bash Dave or anyone developing the game, it's not like I could do anything better, but you have to stop assuming this is going to be the new NR2k3 or rFactor, ALog, if anything, most of the features (race rewind [which I do admit would have been useful against the AI in NR2k3 when doing full races offline], drivers sharing numbers, drivers from other series, very strong drafting power, AI being randomly selected for positions [one screen shot shows Danica Patrick in the lead, with several top drivers in the back at Daytona, I know that might be fixed before release, but still], literally visible" drafting dynamics, physics-defying damage, and an ARCADE POINTS SCORE SYSTEM:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD08DIZejLE]YouTube - NASCAR 2011 The Game on Gamespot *MUST SEE FOR NTG2011 FANS*[/ame]

This video shows Carl Edwards in 37th with Robby Gordon in the lead too . . . . . . at the start of a race, and when the #48 slams into the #83, it's like he's hitting a moving brick wall, the latter didn't even budge.

I think it's pointing toward being an arcade racer.

Last edited:

Fisha695

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
You don't have to create every logo from scratch there are tons of logos that will be in the game from factory.

Also I take it you've never seen the custom cars that people have made in Forza or Midnight Club???

And that's just a quick sample from two Google searches. It takes a little time & a little patience (guess the patience is the biggest challenge for you kids now-a-days)

That video is still an alpha build of the game, not even the review build. It's a quick race on the easiest settings with all the aids turned on, adaptive AI turned on, and no qualifying. The driver ratings are done using a similar algorithm to what's in the NRatings program.

The only people that are comparing this game to nr03 or rFactor or iRacing are idiots, just like the people who say it isn't gonna be like those games.... Well "No-____ Sherlock" it's not gonna be like those games because it's not those games.

I remember the original Papy NASCAR game, it had 20some real driver (Dale Sr, Bill Elliott & DW were some of the drivers not in the game), and it only had 9 tracks, Daytona & Indy the two most prestigious tracks that the series ran on were not included in the game. And only 32 - 38 cars would start the race despite in real life only 2 of the 9 tracks starting less then 40 cars.

Two years later they released the PS1 version of the game, It still only had 20some drivers, although Dale Sr was included this time (don't remember who wasn't in the game), it had 20 tracks but still no Daytona or Indy they were replaced with Fictional road courses. Oh and you could have Yellow & Black flags turned on and still drive backwards causing wrecks for like 3 or 4 laps before a caution would come out or you would get black flagged.

A year later came NASCAR 98 which had 17 tracks (6 fictional road courses, still no Daytona or Indy), but it had 24 real drivers and several fantasy/legend drivers such as Richard Petty & Benny Parsons. The game also had Commentary from bob Jenkins

SpeedEnergy

SRD Member
Reaction score
This video shows Carl Edwards in 37th with Robby Gordon in the lead too . . . . . . at the start of a race, and when the #48 slams into the #83, it's like he's hitting a moving brick wall, the latter didn't even budge.

I think it's pointing toward being an arcade racer.
If you listened he had ADAPTIVE A.I. on, he said if you turn all assists and such off, the A.I. start acting like the real guys.

JeffJordan

SRD Member
Reaction score
I do agree that EA's pit road selection was rather simplistic, but what is the list of things you can do on pit road in NTG?
Driving down pit road isn't one of those things.

JeffJordan

SRD Member
Reaction score
What do you mean? EA only had basic, simple options to change on your car, NTG lets you do everything a real crew chief can do during a real race in real life. Check out Twitter
What?

You have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about, do you?

The game, NTG11, takes control of your car under caution, and driving down pit road, which is a huge disadvantage.

SpeedEnergy

SRD Member
Reaction score
What?

You have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about, do you?

The game, NTG11, takes control of your car under caution, and driving down pit road, which is a huge disadvantage.
no control driving down pitroad is a disadvantage, your right
takes control of your car under caution-not exactly. again, GO HERE IT EXPLAINS IT ALL!: Twitter

JeffJordan

SRD Member
Reaction score
I'm not asking for information, I'm saying that if this game is even claiming to be a simulation, repossessing the car from the driver's hands at any point automatically proves the opposite.

SpeedEnergy

SRD Member
Reaction score
Dave said they will give you control down pit row in later releases, this is just the beginning they can't just add everything we want right away, like say the NNS or NCWTS, they have to worry about other things first such as car physics and damage models, this is their first nascar game, give 'em some time, at least it looks better than EA's N09. NR2003 is still the best NASCAR sim/game ever!

Fisha695

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I'm not asking for information, I'm saying that if this game is even claiming to be a simulation, repossessing the car from the driver's hands at any point automatically proves the opposite.
Using that logic you shouldn't be allowed to change anything on pitroad then as well the driver isn't the one who makes those decisions, you should have to do with a AI crew chief that makes all the changes for you based off of what they think is best from the data that a real crew chief would have.... So if that AI crew chief decides to fill your tires to 60psi cold, add 100% grill tape on a 110degree day & take out all your wedge you would just like real life just have to deal with it.... right?

So then by that same logic that you're using nr03, iRacing, and well every other game out there isn't a "Simulation" either right??????

You also gotta remember that you're limited to 25 buttons (standard controller) and 2 of those buttons (Home/Guide & Start) you can't really use because they have universal features (Home/Guide = Bring up the XMB/Dashboard, Start = Pause the game) so that leaves you with a total of 23 buttons to use.

nascarfreak88

Sarcasmus pessimus
SRD Member
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but I'd always pause my game to set up my pit stop on the EA games. Why not do that...?

Fisha695

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but I'd always pause my game to set up my pit stop on the EA games. Why not do that...?
Blasphemy you can't pause time that's unrealistic..... lmfao :laugh:

That works offline, but what about online?

flyersfan4888

That GNS Car dude.
SRD Member
Reaction score
Blasphemy you can't pause time that's unrealistic..... lmfao :laugh:

Oh no!!! Unrealistic feature! Time to spend 5 1/2 pages Bashing the game because you can pause Time!!!!! Oh no! The sky isn't the right shade of blue!!!!! LMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.