Latest resources

The Fastest ¼ Mile in the Northeast gets the "Full Monty" PST treatment with this 2020 facelift!
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS20 Mustang Template 2048 x 2048 Update MattyO
Bigger rear decal (tail light decal)
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS Mod Cts Physics MattyO
NXS20 Mod Cts Physics
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS Mod Cup Physics MattyO
NXS20 Mod Cup Physics
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
SRD NXS20 Blender Scene Burnout
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

PC to exclusively get Nascar the Game 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Captain

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That surging could be just be lag, which could be your internet connection. That wouldn't be Eutechnyx's fault. Also, it's still in beta phase, it's still in beta phase and oh yeah. IT'S STILL IN BETA PHASE. We've had the online racing enabled for less than a day. As long as they get the feedback, I'm sure they'll be working out bugs until release day and beyond.

flyer2359

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We will have to wait and see. Remember that there are a lot of man hours that will be spent in the next 2 weeks to fix whatever they can and after that they will more than likely have other updates to fix more issues.
People have said the same thing on console and it just never happened. They waited too long to release online and now it won't even be close to being good when the game releases. Heck, they spent the last week and a half working on almost online alone and it's still really bad. It's mainly in the North American region where people are having problems. If people are from Europe they're having almost no netcode, so whatever ETX is using to host the online itself so we can play against each other is probably screwing it up.

That surging wasn't lag, most people from North America are having the same problem. Heck, we had somebody with a god internet connection host and it was the same results, everybody was surging, it didn't matter how good or bad their internet was, everybody saw it, not just me.

JKB#7

SRD Member
Reaction score
Is this good enough system for it to work okay.

Windows® 7 Home Premium - AMD E2-3200 - 4GB DDR3 - 500GB - DVD-RW - Radeon HD 6370D (VGA, HDMI)

flyer2359

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Is this good enough system for it to work okay.

Windows® 7 Home Premium - AMD E2-3200 - 4GB DDR3 - 500GB - DVD-RW - Radeon HD 6370D (VGA, HDMI)
Probably run low, but don't waste your money if you plan on running online, it's terrible.

nate

SRD Member
Reaction score
It's easier to patch the PC vs console.
if it is easier than how come every patch that release the game has more problems. I know now that have to try to fix the game and graphices and controler so more things for them to do and thay don't know what there doing to start with

4WideRacing

Forum Guru
SRD Member
Reaction score
if it is easier than how come every patch that release the game has more problems. I know now that have to try to fix the game and graphices and controler so more things for them to do and thay don't know what there doing to start with
I just said it's easier to do that doesn't mean that they will do it right.......

celticfang

Waffle addict
SRD Member
Reaction score
Nor did Papy with NR1. All they had was a modified Indy 500 engine remeber? They had to turn that into a stock car engine.

It's easier as patching on PC is free vs $20,000 or so on one console and having to wait for certification, plus a finite # of patches.

Imagine if you made a small indie game and you found a bug and wanted to fix it, but then players found a glitch you had to fix...but you couldn't due to using up your allotted # of patches?

Kharvick29

SRD Member
Reaction score
Wonder if this game ha s the ability to "watch" a race...like for offline leagues... like nr2003 does. Only thing I didn't like on the console games...n it looks the same in that video...is it seems kinda arcade-like..

mimicthefrench

SRD Member
Reaction score
Wonder if this game ha s the ability to "watch" a race...like for offline leagues... like nr2003 does. Only thing I didn't like on the console games...n it looks the same in that video...is it seems kinda arcade-like..
As far as I can tell after a few hours of play, nope. It's also just kind of a meh game. The handling swings from completely locked in and under control to absurd oversteer, the AI can't figure out how to drive out of the corners (I have to check up on corner exit every time so I don't punt whoever's in front of me off the track), and it's full of weird little issues. And after seeing the reviews of Eutechnyx's other new game, Ride to Hell: Retribution, I'm surprised it's not worse (Ride to Hell appears to be one of the worst games of all time).

The Captain

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Apparently Texas and I get along pretty well. Ran 3 races online with nothing but the default race setup and came away with three wins.

David24

Supreme Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
They still need to work on the AI at least at the plate tracks. On hard mode I qualify mid pack but the race is too easy and I end up leading within 5 laps. But on Champion mode I will qualify last and still easily get the lead by lap 10. And the cars still do a lot of checking up for no apparent reason plus sometimes a car will snap sideways for a split second then straighten out.

I still need to do more races since I've been doing more testing than anything else. But I do like the game. Tweak some of the AI and add the ability to import schemes and race against them it would be a million steps further than what it is now. Plus having at least one practice session in a race weekend would be nice.

moppenheimer

#Murica
SRD Member
Reaction score
How is the Wheel support? Ive got a G27 and there is nothing that will kill a game faster than not being able to use it properly....

The Captain

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've got the G27 as well and I'm still messing with it here and there. There is force and road feedback settings that you just have to tinker with until you get a decent feel. It's certainly better now than the early beta stages. The first time I played I thought my desk was going to shake apart.

MilChad

Lurker
Reaction score
First impressions on NTG 2013 for PC

First of all, first time poster, long time lurker. I've been playing Papyrus' NASCAR games since the early days and have been waiting 10 years for somebody to come out with a new game. I have a fully modded NR2003 and still play it quite often... Now that NTG 2013 is out, I figured I'd give it a shot. Here are my impressions:

Love the career mode. It's neat being able to start as a small Cup team working your way up through the ranks. I like the fact that they included not only the full Cup schedule, but also events like the Dual at Daytona.
The graphics are amazing if you have some horsepower under the hood of your computer.
The physics are pretty good, but still not what I'd like to see. I guess so many years of playing Papyrus games, it'll take some getting used to.
I like earning points that go towards upgrading your car so you can compete against the top tier teams.
I like being able to change the difficulty level within the season. (Actually, you can change race settings from race-t0-race within the same seasion). Something you couldn't do in NR2003.
The menus are easy to navigate and look great with the shop and animations.

Now the not so good:
The difficulty level is not well defined. With NR2003, you could fine-tune the AI's strength and with this game, all you get is easy, moderate, hard, champion. Easy at Daytona is too easy and at Phoenix, it's pretty hard. (At least with the default setup).
The lack of being able to export the template and use a "real" painting program like Photoshop is a huge disappointment. I think we can all agree, we'd love to have actual paint schemes to race against.
I don't see any way to edit the roster like you can in NR2003, but I might be missing something.
Lack of being able to pit the car yourself.
Manual shifting takes more skill than NR2003, so I use automatic. Kind of a bummer to have to do this in order to keep up on restarts. (Could be due to not having enough credit points to upgrade my transmission).
Cockpit view isn't as good as the modded version of NR2003. I use the hood cam view instead.
I raced up until Darlington on Career mode last night and can see this game potentially taking over NR2003 given a few patches. Only time will tell.

nate

SRD Member
Reaction score
well i was just banned from the site and will say i think i did nothing wrong thay have a spot where you can enter cheats so i used a cheat engine and made it where i had more money and posted how to do it and thay said i was banned for life for posting a crack. The cheat engine i used i found on a euro truck 2 website in the form of how to get more money thay didn't think it was a crack.

flyer2359

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And this game is now just as dead as the console versions. ETX really probably should just stop trying with NASCAR games, at least for the online portion.

stanson

SRD Member
Reaction score
They relased patches which made AI much better. Still the difficulty is an issue (on some track too easy on others too hard). And they're still working on it, more patches to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.