Latest resources

2018 Formula 1 Carset BryceO84
2018 Formula Carset for the FORMULA 1 Mod by VSR.
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
66 - CrashClaimR.US Camry - CAL daniele
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
66 - Unsponsored Camry - VEG1 daniele
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
61 - Pit Boss Camry - PHO1 daniele
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
13 - Unsponsored Camry - VEG1 daniele
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

Penn State Penalties Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fisha695

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
$60,000,000 Fine
So that's going all the Charity right, I mean the NCAA doesn't get ANY of that right?

A ban on participating in post-season games - or playoffs - for four years, including the 2012-2013 season
Number of football scholarships limited for the next four years, a reduction of 10 places per year
So basically punishing people that had absolutely nothing to do with it.....

Football wins revoked between 1998-2011
So all of Sanduskys (ya know the guy who actually touched little boys) wins still stay on his record..... Plus this is sort of revisionist history like the WWE is doing with Benoit trying to pretend they didn't exist & didn't accomplish what they did when the proof is in the video footage that they did.

A five-year probation on all sports at Penn State
Adoption of all recommendations for reform in Section 10 of an FBI investigation into abuse at Penn State
Appointment of an NCAA-selected Athletics Integrity Monitor for five years
Further penalties against individuals could come after criminal proceedings end.
So no making Penn State fire Mike McQueary? Ya know the guy that actually saw the acts happening and did nothing to stop it when it was happen, the guy who just turned & walked away and then took the rest of the day off. And why has the media been ignoring those facts about him?

They took down the Paterno Statue, look I'm fine with that...

... However them taking down the Football Player Statues that hung on that wall is IMHO like the school saying "Screw You" to everybody who has risked their health to play Football there for the past 125 years. And that taking down of the Football Player part just doesn't sit well with me, once again that is punishing those who had nothing to do with it.

EDIT:
List of current NFL players who now through revisionist history have never won a College Football game.
Anthony Adams
NaVorro Bowman
Levi Brown
Deon Butler
Dan Connor
John Gilmore
Robbie Gould
Tamba Hali
Josh Hull
Bryant Johnson
Ed Johnson
Jeremy Kapinos
Jimmy Kennedy
Justin King
Dennis Landolt
Sean Lee
Aaron Maybin
Jordan Norwood
Jared Odrick
Rich Ohrnberger
Paul Posluszny
Andrew Quarless
Michael Robinson
Evan Royster
Bryan Scott
Tim Shaw
A. Q. Shipley
Mickey Shuler, Jr.
Cameron Wake
Derrick Williams
Stefen Wisniewski

So that is 31 people who as of this morning have not won a game between their last Highschool Win & first NFL Win.

LaVar Arrington also now has 19 less NCAA wins (including 2 Bowl Games)

Oh and I saw it pointed out on RuRa that the last game they officially are not credited with winning, yeah the QB was Mike McQueary.

Last edited:

tipptruck

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
From what I hear. All the money the NCAA gets from schools. For stuff like this usually gos to charity. Kind of like how in pro sports when a player gets finned. It gos to charity.

The banning I get and I do not get. Its like putting your kid in the corner. For some thing your oldest kid that is out of the house did. As for taking away wins. I do not agree with that at all. It pointless.

The Captain

Premier Senior Member
Reaction score
I hope all of the current players who want to find a place can do so quickly, but I feel zero sympathy for Penn State. They knowingly harbored a child rapist for years then only took action once the public knew about it.

Fisha695

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I hope all of the current players who want to find a place can do so quickly, but I feel zero sympathy for Penn State. They knowingly harbored a child rapist for years then only took action once the public knew about it.
In 1998 the District Attorney investigated it and came to the conclusion that the kid that spoke out was lying.

The Captain

Premier Senior Member
Reaction score
And then thirteen years later people were fired and resigning left and right over it because they covered up more and got caught.

Devin41

I wanna go fast!
SRD Member
Reaction score
I bet they're wishing they got the "death penalty" now.

I too don't agree with taking the wins away or punishing the current players who are 110% innocent and did nothing wrong. I agree with the fines and the probation but I don't think it's fair to punish the current/incoming players for something terrible that they had zero part in. Hopefully those who wish to transfer can find another institution in a timely manner.

Petty4345

SRD Member
Reaction score
Current player's can transfer without sitting out so I don't think they are being punished. They don't have to stay and I'm sure most could transfer to great programs. I'm glad they took the win's from Paterno. The university and the athletic department along with Paterno harbored a pedophile and helped allow him to continue to do it. Just so they could protect there damn football program. This was all covered up so they could get those win's in the first place. Had it been up to me there would be NO Penn State football team. They put it ahead of the welfare of innocent children so I would have taken it from them. These penalty's are going to hurt the program very badly but they are still playing football. That's not good enough for me. I'm sure Penn State fan's and the Paterno family will play the part of the victim now with all the denial there living in.

Fisha695

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
And then thirteen years later people were fired and resigning left and right over it because they covered up more and got caught.
Based on what? A report done by a guy who was forced to resign from the FBI because he was involved in more Controversy then Michael Jackson & the entire Kennedy Family combined?

Kinda funny that the Freeh Report was paid for by the BoT and in it the BoT isn't implicated of any wrongdoing at all. It also never looked into the handling of all the reports to the Police (including both the original 1998 one as well as when Paterno told the Campus Police what was going on and they ignored him). Not to mention it also never looked at Mike McQueary, ya know the guy who actually saw the rape happening & did nothing to stop but instead turned and walked away.

Remember Mike McQueary is the one who actually saw it, didn't stop it and then lied about what he saw for 10 years to everybody who asked him about it. He is the one who told Paterno & the few others that he "May have heard what sounded like" something was going on (which Paterno then passed onto to his Superiors and the Campus Police who both dismissed it as non-reliable hearsay". It wasn't until the Grand Jury investigation that McQueary actually came out and said "I did more then just hear the act happening, I saw it happened & I withheld information that could have had Sandusky arrested a decade ago"... Yet for some reason McQueary seems to be put on a "Saints Pedestal" by the School, the School Funded Report & the Media yet behind Sandusky he is the one who did the most wrong.

I mean does anybody seriously think that if McQueary would've stepped in to stop the Rape in progress & then went to Paterno (though calling the Police 1st would've been the smart thing to do) and said "I've seen this kid getting Raped by Sandusky just a few minutes ago" instead of doing what he did and saying (days later) "Hey I think Sandusky was fooling around with somebody in the shower" that the outcome would not have been different?

Sorry for kind of ranting but the fact that the guy who saw the Rape taking place, who didn't stop it, didn't call the police & didn't tell anybody the truth for 10 years is getting away scot-free while those who were acting appropriately based on what is now known as being false information are getting drug through the mud by the School, the Media & Everybody else just pisses me off.

tipptruck

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Hmm you know what sucks the most for this. The Penn St. Will not be the same for the next 10 years. There were better off getting the the death penalty.

RP Motorsports

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Based on what? A report done by a guy who was forced to resign from the FBI because he was involved in more Controversy then Michael Jackson & the entire Kennedy Family combined?

Kinda funny that the Freeh Report was paid for by the BoT and in it the BoT isn't implicated of any wrongdoing at all. It also never looked into the handling of all the reports to the Police (including both the original 1998 one as well as when Paterno told the Campus Police what was going on and they ignored him). Not to mention it also never looked at Mike McQueary, ya know the guy who actually saw the rape happening & did nothing to stop but instead turned and walked away.

Remember Mike McQueary is the one who actually saw it, didn't stop it and then lied about what he saw for 10 years to everybody who asked him about it. He is the one who told Paterno & the few others that he "May have heard what sounded like" something was going on (which Paterno then passed onto to his Superiors and the Campus Police who both dismissed it as non-reliable hearsay". It wasn't until the Grand Jury investigation that McQueary actually came out and said "I did more then just hear the act happening, I saw it happened & I withheld information that could have had Sandusky arrested a decade ago"... Yet for some reason McQueary seems to be put on a "Saints Pedestal" by the School, the School Funded Report & the Media yet behind Sandusky he is the one who did the most wrong.

I mean does anybody seriously think that if McQueary would've stepped in to stop the Rape in progress & then went to Paterno (though calling the Police 1st would've been the smart thing to do) and said "I've seen this kid getting Raped by Sandusky just a few minutes ago" instead of doing what he did and saying (days later) "Hey I think Sandusky was fooling around with somebody in the shower" that the outcome would not have been different?

Sorry for kind of ranting but the fact that the guy who saw the Rape taking place, who didn't stop it, didn't call the police & didn't tell anybody the truth for 10 years is getting away scot-free while those who were acting appropriately based on what is now known as being false information are getting drug through the mud by the School, the Media & Everybody else just pisses me off.

I agree McQueary has been somewhat flying under the radar. Maybe I'm misunderstanding or misreading it, but do you not think Paterno did anything wrong though? Because he should've gone straight to the police, not "superiors" or "campus" police. Just like McQueary should've. They both knew something, and they both did nothing about it.

If you have information about children being molested and raped, you should be going straight to the police, and as fast as you can. Skip the pit-stop at the bathroom, skip the coffee run, everything. Theres no excuses at all. Even if you arent sure, you still go to the police, and let them investigate it.

JWheels85

SRD Member
Reaction score
Why punish PSU the football players did nothing wrong and all involved were fired, jailed or died. shame on you NCAA

Fisha695

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I agree McQueary has been somewhat flying under the radar. Maybe I'm misunderstanding or misreading it, but do you not think Paterno did anything wrong though? Because he should've gone straight to the police, not "superiors" or "campus" police. Just like McQueary should've. They both knew something, and they both did nothing about it.

If you have information about children being molested and raped, you should be going straight to the police, and as fast as you can. Skip the pit-stop at the bathroom, skip the coffee run, everything. Theres no excuses at all. Even if you arent sure, you still go to the police, and let them investigate it.
According to the overwhelming majority of reports Paterno was not told it was a minor until this whole court case started. He was told that Sandusky was messing around with somebody in the shower but never told the age or who it was. For all he knew it could've been Sanduskys wife, mistress, a football player, a cheerleader, etc. I have a feeling that it's not to uncommon for players/coaches to bang their latest girlfriends/mistresses in the shower thus as he wasn't told (according to reports) it was a child. I'm sure if he went to Sandusky and asked "Who did ya have in the shower?" Sandusky wouldn't have said "Some little kid".

Though unfortunately at the end of the day the only person that really knows what Paterno knew is Paterno and well he ain't talking no more.

Why punish PSU the football players did nothing wrong and all involved were fired, jailed or died. shame on you NCAA
I saw a good point made on The Five relating to the wins being taking away. If Paterno would've been the Dean of the school would all the degrees earned during that time period be revoked?

JWheels85

SRD Member
Reaction score
I'm fine with wins being taken and 60 million but they're punishing many innocent people !

MattSRD28

SRD Pick'em Series Commissioner
Staff member
Reaction score
$60 Million fine, eh? Hey NCAA, care to look past your own nose?

Formula 1 constructor McLaren fined $100 Million for possessing confidential technical data on rival Ferrari

Hmm...harboring child abuser and covering up abuse...possessing technical data on racing competitor. Which do you think should get the larger fine?

I've never been a fan of college sports of any sort. They're amateurs. It sure looks like they're amateurs at running a sanctioning body as well. Did no one do 5 seconds of Google research here before the fine was levied? I don't care if it's the biggest fine in NCAA history, this goes FAR FAR beyond the NCAA! They would know that if they weren't so incredibly narcissistic as most college students, and those who work and administrate college activities often are. These so-called penalities are a joke, a disgrace, and accomplish absolutely nothing but make the NCAA feel a little bit better about itself for having allowed this to go on like it did.

The Captain

Premier Senior Member
Reaction score
True, but that's not my point. My point is psu is being punished after removing the guilty parties

Innocent parties are always going to be dragged in when the NCAA drops the hammer. They have the initial offenders to thank for that.

I've never been a fan of college sports of any sort. They're amateurs.

Well, all of those pro athletes have to come from somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fisha695

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
The players are free to leave and play right away.
Yeah because it's "That Simple".... c.c

If you were a Starter for PSU the chances of you being able to transfer to another quality program and be a Starter there are slim to none & if you do become a Starter there you're basically screwing out their existing Starter, thus still potentially ruining somebodies future career.

Ideally I'd like to see them all stay and tough it out, I mean if anything not having the pressure to try and qualify for a Bowl could actually be beneficial. What I'm trying to say is instead of having to worry about playing conservative to try and make sure you get the win, those players would now have the chance to do nothing but go all-out and try and set records & have dominating performances. It's not gonna happen but imagine if they would go undefeated this season or the next 4 seasons.... Though as Kurt Busch has proved this year that "Rag-Tag band of Misfits that do things slightly different" doesn't really generate the results in real life that they do in fiction.

And maybe I'm being a little Selfish here but I'd like to see Lehigh, Temple, Pitt, Villanova & the various other Div-I & Div-II schools here in PA pickup whatever players want to leave. "They don't wanna stay at the State then lets atleast keep then in State" (y)

RP Motorsports

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
According to the overwhelming majority of reports Paterno was not told it was a minor until this whole court case started. He was told that Sandusky was messing around with somebody in the shower but never told the age or who it was. For all he knew it could've been Sanduskys wife, mistress, a football player, a cheerleader, etc. I have a feeling that it's not to uncommon for players/coaches to bang their latest girlfriends/mistresses in the shower thus as he wasn't told (according to reports) it was a child. I'm sure if he went to Sandusky and asked "Who did ya have in the shower?" Sandusky wouldn't have said "Some little kid".

What reports are these? If that was the case, then this whole situation concerning Paterno wouldnt be what it is today. I have to be honest, this sounds a lot like the stuff you hear from the Penn State "cult" crowd thats totally in denial over the whole situation. The whole world can see this for what it is just by looking at simple evidence, except for them. And its not that they arent capable, they just dont want to.

Its a known fact that Paterno (among others) knew what was going on and concealed it for the sake of the football program. Thats the basis of this whole scandal. People arent just jumping to conclusions in blasting him. The evidence is there for anyone whos willing to acknowledge it. Problem is, some dont want to acknowledge that their hero was actually enabling a child rapist, so they choose to live in denial instead.

The Captain

Premier Senior Member
Reaction score
Yeah because it's "That Simple".... c.c

I bet there are many teams out there who could find a place for them. When USC got their sanctions, Tennessee picked up Malik Jackson. Jackson became an immediate contributor on defense and continued to do so for two seasons. The incoming freshmen could probably find a place quickly seeing as how most of them wouldn't start right away anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.