Downloads
Updated

Pit Stalls and Pit Flags

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajorPyn4

SRD Member
Reaction score
Question. Whenever I pit, I always seem to stop short of my pit flag. They make me move up and up until I am virtually touching it before the crew goes to work. This costs me lots of time. I know it just takes practice, but there seems to be very little room for error. Is there any way to adjust how far short or past I can be away from the pit flag before the pit crew starts working on my car? If so, where can this be done?

Thanks for your help. Hopefully I've explained this so everyone understands.

Darrell Pace

Got a fresh set of Good Bye's on!
SRD Member
Reaction score
Not to sound like a smart a## but really the only way to get around it is practice. Try allotting 10 minutes each race practice session learning the pit road at each track. I.E. if you have a race tonight at a league either in Practice or Happy Hour set aside 10 mins to do nothing but "green flag " pitstops. This will help alot, I try to do it alot myself and it has helped me.

MajorPyn4

SRD Member
Reaction score
yeah, what's tough is just judging the front end of the car. You think you are there, but you're not.

super39fan

SRD Member
Reaction score
You're actually supposed to go a foot or two past where the pit sign is so when you stop, the pit sign should be over the middle to lower portion of your hood. I have found the game is actually pretty lenient when coming to pit stops.

Sage

Cranky Old fart
SRD Member
Reaction score
OK, this is a stupid trick but you might give it a try...

Just as you enter pit road switch your camera view (Page Up / Page Down) to 'Far Chase'. It will give you a better view of pit road and, subsequently, your pit stall. Do this until you are familiar enough with how it should look from inside the car (assuming, of course, that you drive from the driver's seat. I've never tried sitting on the hood of my car while I drove to town so it's the only way I know to drive in the game).

Numbers

SRD Member
Reaction score
isn't there a mod that adds the corner tape on the pitstalls?

David24

Supreme Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I believe it's the PWF Cup Damage mod. Not 100% sure on that though.

Harry Nurpplez

Making a comeback!
SRD Member
Reaction score
Its not that. I think it was ssnet and smiffden that created the new crew mods that have that.

tfp1977

SRD Member
Reaction score
I believe it is the PWF GNS mod that added the tape to pit stall. Then it is a section of the pit wagon that is the color.

MajorPyn4

SRD Member
Reaction score
OK, this is a stupid trick but you might give it a try...

Just as you enter pit road switch your camera view (Page Up / Page Down) to 'Far Chase'. It will give you a better view of pit road and, subsequently, your pit stall. Do this until you are familiar enough with how it should look from inside the car (assuming, of course, that you drive from the driver's seat. I've never tried sitting on the hood of my car while I drove to town so it's the only way I know to drive in the game).
I've done the far chase view while pitting. It does work hella better. Also the hood of the car view isn't horrible either. I drive in the driver's seat mode. Just trying to keep the realism of the game. That's why I try so hard not to switch over to another view while pitting. I've even lowered all the CPU pitting strategy stuff hoping they'll have a slower pit stop.(y)

Status
Not open for further replies.