1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Problems with ROVAL 2018 even with the patch.

Discussion in 'NR2003 General Discussion' started by canadienhits, Aug 16, 2019.

1. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

I'm trying to use the 2018 ROVAL (since Matt used it so well in SRD Trucks) for my offline simulation at the end of September, and downloaded it and the patch too, and I'm getting wrecks every 2-3 laps. Does anyone know what trick to use to get this track working?

2. TChapman500

TChapman500 Well-Known Member

Can you provide a video of a race?

3. canadienhits

I've never figured out fraps, so, sadly no.

4. TChapman500

Can you describe how the AI are getting into the crashes? Oh, and what's the name of the track?

5. Smoke14

Smoke14 NR2003 Painter

Track is Charlotte_Roval_Early_Access I'd assume.

canadienhits likes this.
  6. canadienhits

Yes, and the majority of the crashes are one car drifting up into another (i.e. Harvick drifting up out of turn 10 into Logano, knocking them both into the wall)

7. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

I've tried several INI fixes and adjustments, but the net result is either wreck fest or a train.
    If I had to venture a guess, it likely has to do with the way the LP's, and cornering/grip lines of the INI pushing the AI into an unsustainable line.

Probably why this thing never made it out of Beta. Ironically, I don't have the same issue with Daytona RC or some of the fictional Rovals that are out there.

EDIT: upon thinking of it @fortine_oo did up new LP's and I think an INI tweak for the Daytona RC a while back.... it was having a very similar issue.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    canadienhits likes this.
  8. TChapman500

I might be able to do a few LP fixes if you give me a link to the track AND if the Logitech Gaming Software decides to keep working throughout the project. With we could assign the developer tools to the wheel in-game.

9. RacerXero84

10. canadienhits

Like I said (or maybe not), I don't know why it's working for Matt (2 cautions in the truck race) and not for me (6 cautions in 30 laps). I mean I installed the patch. The only difference I can think of is his ratings for the truck series are quite a bit lower than my ratings (Maxgraf's Cup ratings via NRatings)

11. RacerXero84

Y'all using the same PapyAI?

12. canadienhits

I'm using the PapyAI that comes with the game (I recently had to re-install the game). Don't know what Matt uses.

13. D0rant

D0rant Well-Known Member

Any crazy values in the track.ini like squeeze percentage being at 2.0 or something?

Edit: Okay, I looked at the track.ini. Here are my questions and potential problems.
    ai_line_modifier = 0.98 (Why is it 0.98? It generally makes the cars race in a tighter groove. Not needed in such a track)
    ai_wall_offset = 25 (if too many wrecks are happening, this could easily be the answer to the problems. Make it 90-95 or even 100 and see how AI react)
    ai_dlongpad_scale = 0.3 (suspiciously low value, very unusual, try increasing it to at least 3.5 or so and see how the AI react)

If that doesn't help, it could be the ratings OR very likely poorly done .LP files.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    canadienhits likes this.
  14. USSTalladega

USSTalladega Making a comeback!

Yeah ini edits with this track only did so much. That won't stop all the cars from slamming the wall coming off the front chicane or the wall before they enter speedway turn 1. At least we now have another(better) option on the way.

15. TChapman500

Well, I can't even LOAD the track.

16. canadienhits

My hope is that it's ready by the end of September when we run the ROVAL.

starscream24 likes this.
  17. RacerXero84

NR Track Designs (Facebook) had a link somewhere with that for the shared folder.... might have something to do with that?

18. canadienhits

That's the patch I've been using.

19. TChapman500

If INI edits don't fix the problem, then it has to be with the LP files. I'll check them out once I get the track to load.
    Don't have Facebook.

20. canadienhits

Ok, tried D0rant's fixes. 5 crashes in 26 laps. Mostly to the entrance to the chicane. Here's a rundown:

Lap 1: 84 sideswipes the 4 going full speed while the 4 was slowed down, 44 crashes into the back of the 4.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lap 9: 19 gets it's nose under the 44
    [​IMG]

Lap 15: 22 gets it's nose under the 99 coming into 5 (13 out of the race by this time)
    [​IMG]

Lap 21: 81 slams into the back of the 47 into the back of the 53 (14 cars out now)
    [​IMG]

Lap 26: 85 gets into the back of the 47 while the 31 and 50 sideswipes and runs into the back of those cars (17 out now)
    (Sorry forgot to get a screenshot)