Latest resources

The Fastest ¼ Mile in the Northeast gets the "Full Monty" PST treatment with this 2020 facelift!
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS20 Mustang Template 2048 x 2048 Update MattyO
Bigger rear decal (tail light decal)
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS Mod Cts Physics MattyO
NXS20 Mod Cts Physics
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS Mod Cup Physics MattyO
NXS20 Mod Cup Physics
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
SRD NXS20 Blender Scene Burnout
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

Project Cars 3

Chevellion

Former SRD Cup League Director
SRD Member
Reaction score
Reveal trailer:

Gameplay video:

• 200+ cars
  • 140 tracks
  • Improved gamepad controls
  • 10-tier career mode with in-race game objectives
  • Performance-based car customization
  • Releasing this summer

Swagger Racing 26

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
my comment on this was:
OMG WHY ? :( WE HAVE SO MANY ARCADE GAMES LIKE THAT !! I was hoping it will be better and even more realistic than PC2 which was fun form me... now I see this crap
this isn't the style that made SMS so successful
shame on you by disappointing your loyal fans..

this game looks like Forza and Grid had a baby
It looks cool for sure, this is a fun racing game that you can have with your friends but like I said there are soo many arcadey racing games like that

and now we lost a sim racing game aside from Asseto that you can have on your console which had a big community that made SMS so successful. I guess thats what happens when you go to Codemasters.

Chevellion

SRD Member
Reaction score
my comment on this was:
OMG WHY ? :( WE HAVE SO MANY ARCADE GAMES LIKE THAT !! I was hoping it will be better and even more realistic than PC2 which was fun form me... now I see this crap
this isn't the style that made SMS so successful
shame on you by disappointing your loyal fans..

this game looks like Forza and Grid had a baby
It looks cool for sure, this is a fun racing game that you can have with your friends but like I said there are soo many arcadey racing games like that

and now we lost a sim racing game aside from Asseto that you can have on your console which had a big community that made SMS so successful. I guess thats what happens when you go to Codemasters.
SMS's CEO maintains that the sim-style driving model is still present for PC3. I'd expect gameplay similar to NFS: Shift, which this game is being labeled as a spiritual successor to (also makes sense considering SMS developed that game too).

RR1292

SRD Member
Reaction score
Don't know if anyone has seen this video yet. It definitely lessens my worries about the physics being too arcade-y or GRID-esque. Seems that they have all the settings you want if you want a sim based experience, while still allowing for casual players to customize to their liking. I am definitely looking forward to being able to customize my car for sure.

mtblillie

It's MTB Lillie, not MT Billy
SRD Member
Reaction score
I have project cars 2, and that game is not at all arcade-y. Granted I play on xbox with a controller, but you really have to mess with the settings to get a good feel. And even though there are assists it is nothing like an arcade racing game with assists. In fact that would be my one complaint about the game is that it isn't designed for the casual player to just jump in a race and play. This update may be addressing that. It reminds me of the F1 games. I had F1 like 2006 or something and that game is very sim and very difficult to learn as a casual driver. I got F 2019 and it is a totally different world. You can basically have it be a hard sim or an easier casual game if you want. It would be nice if this was the way PC3 went.

FloridaFan88

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
No fuel usage, no tire wear, no pit stops. Even Gran Turismo & Forza have these elements, and no one calls them hardcore sims. I was cautiously optimistic about this game, but now I have very low expectations. What is SMS trying to do here?

Chevellion

SRD Member
Reaction score
Yea, not understanding why they'd automate key sim mechanics features. This will not be received well at-all by those with prior concerns over the game's target audience.

Swagger Racing 26

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
can't say that I didn't knew that lol the pit entry was blocked anyway in the videos

FloridaFan88

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
One of the devs on the Project Cars Discord server said that the tire compounds will change automatically based on the weather, which prevents pit stops for wets/drys. It's incredible that in 2020, this kind of thing would exist in a "sim". Gran Turismo 4, a game that came out in 2005, had pit stops for tire changes and fuel. This is a confused game so far.

Tetronix

#48EVER
Banned
Reaction score
I was discussing this with my dad yesterday, who doesn't sim race but still provides solid ideas. He said that it's basically catering to those who just want to jump in and race and not have to worry about fuel, tires, etc. If people wanted that, just go jump in and race with the fuckwads that race the knockoff F1 cars on GTA: Online.

I was really looking forward to seeing progress on PC3, but after reading that, to hell if I care now.

mtblillie

It's MTB Lillie, not MT Billy
SRD Member
Reaction score
Are we sure that you can't have both? Many racing sims are developing arcade modes to widen the audience, everyone is acting like they are forcing arcade on the sim drivers, but do we know that for a fact? Are we sure it isn't just a mode like in F1?

MillsLayne

2x Champ, guys.
SRD Member
Reaction score
As an early adopter/fan of PCars 1 and 2, I'm not holding out too much hope for 3 from what I've seen so far. Maybe they'll wow me, but it seem like they're very focused on the casual console racer crowd, which is unfortunate. The market is saturated with stuff like that.

SwiftyOne

SRD Member
Reaction score
As an early adopter/fan of PCars 1 and 2, I'm not holding out too much hope for 3 from what I've seen so far. Maybe they'll wow me, but it seem like they're very focused on the casual console racer crowd, which is unfortunate. The market is saturated with stuff like that.
I've not commented yet on pCARS3..I'll say nothing, only what's been quoted.. OMG, what have you done!!!!!

CCM284

SRD Member
Reaction score
Gameplay of the 2019 IndyCar at Laguna Seca with all assists and aids turned off.

SwiftyOne

SRD Member
Reaction score
I know that the car physics will be just like pCars2 or maybe improved somewhat...But I don't see the point in Racing at all if you don't include Pit stop strategy or tire wear, it's one of the most, if not the most important thing to include in any race...Maybe I just don't get it, or I've been racing NR2003 for far too long.. :rolleyes:

FloridaFan88

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
The article below discusses Project CARS 3's new upgrade system. I'm still not convinced at all by this game. There's still no unique selling point that is making me interested.

MillsLayne

2x Champ, guys.
SRD Member
Reaction score
If I want to add parts to cars, I'll play Gran Turismo. I loved pCARS for the simulation and customization (cars/tracks/weather/length) aspect to it. Dynamic weather really means nothing if you can't pit to switch tires. Endurance races mean nothing if you take out pit strategy. Hell, even non-endurance race mean nothing now without pit strategy. Just run continuous hot laps. Repairing damage is gone, too.