1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

PST's Latest Track Release... Monadnock Speedway Now Available!

Discussion in 'NR2003 General Discussion' started by J.R.Franklin, Jul 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J.R.Franklin

J.R.Franklin Well-Known Member

fela, dbowen2014, Redsco and 8 others like this.
  2. Highbank

Highbank Trans Am Car Set Creator

That's cool, great season to be a short tracker with all these tracks coming out! Thanks for all the hard work!

J.R.Franklin and fioriniandre like this.
  3. ongias25

ongias25 Well-Known Member

Thanks fella's! Looks awesome!

J.R.Franklin likes this.
  4. fioriniandre

fioriniandre Well-Known Member

HAHAHA HighBank that's what I am! Love Short Track Racing! Great track guys!

Andre :)

5. LoarC500

LoarC500 Well-Known Member Banned

[Please delete post]

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
    J.R.Franklin likes this.
  6. HoldOutSun

HoldOutSun Well-Known Member Banned

Just in time for the Modified race there! Thanks for helping out filling in the holes in the Modified schedules. Just need two more to fill out both!

J.R.Franklin and Benjamin Fruth like this.
  7. USSTalladega

USSTalladega Making a comeback!

Another excellent little track.:cool:

ongias25 and J.R.Franklin like this.
  8. dbowen2014

dbowen2014 Active Member

This is awesome, I am super excited to see the same group of people also work on langley speedway....a track that needed the update. Awesome work and continue doing that :)

Highbank and J.R.Franklin like this.
  9. J.R.Franklin

If you like the detailing we did in Mad Dog, you're going to love Langley. :)

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
    Devin41, dbowen2014, ongias25 and 2 others like this.
  10. chadden24

chadden24 Well-Known Member

Very fun track and I love the grip!! Thank you!!

11. lildrumrboy99

lildrumrboy99 Well-Known Member

Hello. I was wondering if you accept requests for tracks. I work at Riverhead Raceway and would love to take laps around it in NR2003 but i can't find it anywhere. I could provide any/all pictures or info you need. I would take a crack at building it myself but I have a MacBook Pro which does not run any track editors or the like. If you are not interested in this project then no big deal. Figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

P.S. Monadnock is my new favorite short track to run. Awesome job on it.

12. J.R.Franklin

Very happy to hear you are enjoying Monadnock. It was another labor of love as I went to that track on the very first time a race was ever run there and returned several times until I finally moved to Florida.

We have made the base track for Riverhead and have it working, but the challenge in making Riverhead is how to configure the pits. In order to make a working Riverhead for NR2003, we would have to take some liberties in how/where the cars exit the track to go to the pits and how they would re-enter the track from the pits. Any way we decide to do it would be significantly different than how the real track is.

Our options would be to locate the pits in turns 3 and 4 (where they are now) and have an entry into the pits in turn 3 and a re-entry back onto the track out of turn 4. (Kind of the opposite end of the track as to how we have it in the Monadnock track.)

Another alternative would be to have the cars exit the track between turns 1-2, pit behind the backstretch grandstands and re-enter the track in the middle of turns 3-4 like they do at the real life Riverhead. Either way would be a deviation from how the real track is.

We are leaning towards option #2 because that would keep most of the look of the facility intact. However, don't get your hopes up too high as the project will not be ready anytime soon. Currently we are working on Langley in Hampton, Va.. After that will be Seekonk and then the historic Danbury Racearena. Sprinkle in the fact that we're trying to make night versions of many of the tracks we've recently done and we're a long ways out from getting Riverhead finished While we do work on several projects at the same time, Riverhead would likely not be ready until sometime later in 2016 at the earliest.

dbowen2014, Devin41 and bowtie like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.