1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

Race Weekend Chatbox (Feedback Needed)

Discussion in 'Forum Rules and Announcements' started by MattyO, May 5, 2017.

1. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member Admin

We're going to be trying a race weekend chatbox for those interested in chatting during the races. This is a test only for right now while we gather feedback from you the user.

Once we make changes we see needed, and changes from feedback from you guys, we'll see if this is a good or bad thing.

For right now, we will run it all weekend instead just at race times. But please do us a favor and give us feedback. This only works if we know what to change and not change.

Have fun!

p.s
    The forum rules still apply. Think before you click that submit button!

2. Tetronix

Tetronix Winner of Most Pepsi Consumed in a Year

Sounds like a good idea, Matt. I hope all goes well with it (even the general chat too).

MattyO likes this.
  3. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

So it sounds like the chat will only be active during races when they are live? If so I am ok with that when its implemented fully. Usually I watch the races several hours later on DVR and don't want the chat window (which shows up on any section of the forum) to spoil the race for me while I try to scroll past it.

I don't remember last time why the chat windows was removed but guessing it had something to do with server load? So far it seems smooth as far as I can tell. Pages on the site don't seem to load any slower due to it.

MattyO and RacerXero84 like this.
  4. MattyO

Yes, my thoughts are to use the chatbox for in race bullshitting. Cuts down on the mindless, useless posts in the forums. Brings a little fun to the boards too. I know I'm a killjoy in most cases. But I do like the thoughts of people actually enjoying themselves here. In a more mature way than I've been seeing lately however.

The last chatbox was a major server load hog. And most importantly I didn't like the features. This chatbox though, I do like the features it has, as well as the ease of sifting through settings. A much more robust chatbox than the last, that's for sure.

Evolution9 and Mystical like this.
  5. 4WideRacing

4WideRacing Well-Known Member

I used to like to read through all the posts after the race when I had to miss them due to work. I will miss the threads but I see it being a good move to the chat option

ThatOneShredder likes this.
  6. Oceanic

Oceanic Garden of Light

Are we actually canceling the threads? I enjoyed reading through them too. Personally I have never been a fan of chat boxes but we'll see where this goes.

7. Thunder98

Thunder98 Same shit, different day. Moderator

No. The race weekend threads will still exist.

Oceanic likes this.
  8. oddball

oddball Well-Known Member

There needs to be a way for people to close the chat box. The choice should be on, off for a time period, or completely off. On mobile, it become cumbersome and takes up way too much space, and as pointed out before, for people who watch the race later, it will ruin watching the race and not knowing.

ThatOneShredder and frow78 like this.
  9. frow78

frow78 Well-Known Member

The chat box seemed like a hit. Things were kept light and fun and it added to the enjoyment of watching the race.

RacerXero84 likes this.
  10. Thunder98

Thunder98 Same shit, different day. Moderator

To be honest, I don't expect that to last long. lol

dalejr88rox likes this.
  11. frow78

frow78 Well-Known Member

Yeah, let's wait until tomorrow :)

12. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Makin' $$$ off noobs

@Thunder98 Day aint over, I could usher in a headache or two if you want things back to "normal" ;)

I like the chat box for sure, like Matt said, it does cut down on the race weekend forum clutter (not just the race thread either).

13. HunterRacing70

HunterRacing70 New Member

Sounds like a good idea

14. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

Is there a possibility to disable images in the chatbox? Or a way to hide it per user at least? I don't like logging on to SRD to see the winners of races or cars that got wrecked before I've had a chance to see the race (this just from the past few weeks, not just tonight really). Not all of us can watch them live. I usually try to not look at the top of my screen but when its at the top of every page makes it kinda hard to avoid lol.

Not that I want to take away anyone's fun but the only other option is for me to simply not visit SRD half the week when races are happening and that really ruins it. In the past I would just simply avoid the Nascar section like the plague and that always worked out fine. If there was a way each user could have the chatbox collapsed by default that would be a good alternative. Maybe there is an option already implemented but I've not seen one.

15. MattyO

Done.

Mystical, Andy1 and RacerXero84 like this.
  16. Phantommucho

Phantommucho New Member

Sounds awesome, been awhile since I have been here. Had to enroll all over, but all is good!