5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

Races with multiple flips in a wreck?

starsxxx

Soft-Boi Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
So, it is a rare occurrence and they are tough to find. I've been mainly a NASCAR fan and watch that every week, so I once in a while watch other racing series. But it got me thinking in NR2003, flipping cars is extremely easy and I wonder what other races across all other racing series has there been 2 or more cars on their roofs in a single crash? Nearly every wreck in that game has 1 or more cars flipping. In real, modern days, it is definitely surprising.

watsonz

#4TheCup
SRD Member
Reaction score
2016 Geico 500. Chris Buescher flips, Matt Kenseth flips, and Kevin Harvick almost flips. Not in the same wreck, though.

The 2017 Geico 500 had a wreck with 2 drivers upside down. Chase Elliott and AJ Allmendinger. That's really the only wreck I've personally seen with two cars upside down.

ShadowKnight508

Lt. Commish - SRD Pick' Em Series
Staff member
SRD Member
Reaction score
The Big One: 2005 Advance Discount Auto Parts 200 at Daytona (ARCA)

Not a complete flip (or multiple flips), but some major air for this Pontiac Grand Prix (also from the 2005 ARCA race at Daytona):

This ISMA race at Riverside had two cars flip over in the same crash:

Last edited:

dalejr88rox

Raise hell, praise Dale, burn down Panera Bread
Banned
Reaction score
There was the Goody's Dash race at Daytona in the late nineties that had 2 cars simultaneously get upside down

MrDude68

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
There was the Goody's Dash race at Daytona in the late nineties that had 2 cars simultaneously get upside down
That's the only one I know of besides the 2005 ARCA race at Daytona, which wasn't a NASCAR sanctioned race. Talladega this year doesn't count as Chase Elliott didn't get fully upside down.

GDP Racing

Driver of the #51 Electronic Arts Dodge Charger
SRD Member
Reaction score
Here's another one from a totally unknown series (known for me):

Just completed the SRD Message 500! :p

Junebugrocks88

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
2005 UAW Ford 500; Michael Waltrip and Scott Riggs
The video has both flips in it.

MrDude68

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Guys, he's talking about multiple flips in a single wreck, not multiple flips in one race.

WILDISH

Days Gone By
SRD Member
Reaction score
Are we including non-stock car racing in this discussion? Because I can think of a few IndyCar wrecks with multiple cars flipping, or at least upside down.

4WideRacing

Forum Guru
SRD Member
Reaction score
Are we including non-stock car racing in this discussion? Because I can think of a few IndyCar wrecks with multiple cars flipping, or at least upside down.
The original post:
...and I wonder what other races across all other racing series has there been 2 or more cars on their roofs in a single crash?...
I would say Indycar would qualify lol

ShadowKnight508

Lt. Commish - SRD Pick' Em Series
Staff member
SRD Member
Reaction score
That is why I included that ISMA video from Riverside in the 1980's in my post. Two cars flipping over in the same crash (one from riding the wall and the other lifted off the ground and went for a ride).