[Release] Bristol 2019 BBMC Day & Night

Rufio2031

BBMC Tracks
SRD Member
Reaction score
bristol_day_02.jpg
bristol_night_03.jpg
bristol_day_04.jpg

The day has finally come, Bristol 2019 is here! Traffic will keep you so busy you'll forget you're dizzy at the "World's Fastest Half Mile". Bristol went through several iterations for us and we're happy to finally get it out to you all.

This release doesn't come without a small amount of issues that we were unable to overcome. Please see the readme for info on some of these issues, and to also check out the credit and thanks section. We (BBMC) put a lot of work into our tracks, but we're also still helped by several others around the community.

With all that said, head on over to the BBMC site and grab a copy for yourself!
http://bb-mc.co/
[Updated: 5/27/2020 v1.2 Day & Night]

Last edited:

tmohoffmann09

SRD Member
Reaction score
Well done great job . Everything looks so realistic. Ran a few laps on it and even the grip is great.

Jakub Smetana

SRD Member
Reaction score
Again, amazing job by all your BB-MC crew! You put the NR2003 to another level. Keep it up :)

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
SRD Member
Reaction score
I noticed I can only add 39 opponents to the track, will it support 42 later or is that intended?
Looking at the track.ini, there's 42 stalls. So it's feasible that changing the number to 42 will work.

2002fb

SRD Member
Reaction score
Got a few laps in this morning, all I can say is wow. I am amazed by the modding skills of this community. I don't know of any other game, 18 years old ?, so up to date and realistic looking. Just fantastic !

WanderingVermonter

SRD Member
Reaction score
The tracks are great! So much attention to detail! Thank you so much!!

Looking at the track.ini, there's 42 stalls. So it's feasible that changing the number to 42 will work.
I gave that a try to see if I could run 43 cars and the final two pit stalls end up in turn two (not in a defined pit box) and the first two pit boxes you come to on the front stretch pit road were left empty.

alfiej

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
in 2019 & This Year you don't have 43 car fields, so maybe why for realism its not made for 43 cars. but would be cool to have the option for previous years? im sure there can be way ?

XxTeam48LowesXx

Jimmie Johnson Fan
SRD Member
Reaction score
Great track! I assume its known but one of the buildings is floating and it confused me as i ran around in the infield.

Wheatenland

FSE Tracks
SRD Member
Reaction score
Guys thanks for sharing your hard work.. tracks looks very nice. I know many hours went into providing the end result. Thanks you.

I ran a few laps and run across a few things that it would be great if you could look into correcting.

Day track: I think it’s turn two has a very annoying light flash, I did some testing and it a solar flash from the sun. You guys might want to make a small adjustment so you don’t have to deal with a light flash every lap.

night track: has some odd lighting issues. The track light reflections are not right. You have a odd light flash coming out of turn 4.

Freddy

Mystical

Always 110%
SRD Member
Reaction score
Guys thanks for sharing your hard work.. tracks looks very nice. I know many hours went into providing the end result. Thanks you.

I ran a few laps and run across a few things that it would be great if you could look into correcting.

Day track: I think it’s turn two has a very annoying light flash, I did some testing and it a solar flash from the sun. You guys might want to make a small adjustment so you don’t have to deal with a light flash every lap.

night track: has some odd lighting issues. The track light reflections are not right. You have a odd light flash coming out of turn 4.

Freddy
Yeah the readme mentions the flash and to have solar effects turned off I think. I've not tested it myself but I am guessing one way to stop the effect is put an invisible mesh in the trouble spot to block the solar effect from shining through.

Mystical

Always 110%
SRD Member
Reaction score
The tracks are great! So much attention to detail! Thank you so much!!

I gave that a try to see if I could run 43 cars and the final two pit stalls end up in turn two (not in a defined pit box) and the first two pit boxes you come to on the front stretch pit road were left empty.
Sounds like there is room for 43, so would just need to move the positions defined for pit stalls to those 2 empty slots. Maybe that is a patch they can add for the track to support 43.

halfwayglad

BBMC Tracks
SRD Member
Reaction score

Freddy
The day flash feels like it's working as intended since it is from the sun. Turning off solar can check this box.

As for night, we saw this bug too. I'll let Rufio give more detail, but we tried everything we could think of with no luck getting rid of it. If anyone knows a sure-fire way to fix it, we're all ears.

Wheatenland

FSE Tracks
SRD Member
Reaction score
Yeah the readme mentions the flash and to have solar effects turned off I think. I've not tested it myself but I am guessing one way to stop the effect is put an invisible mesh in the trouble spot to block the solar effect from shining through.
That would be the correct way to fix it or make a slight adjustment to the sun location.. turning off solar effects for one track is not a very good solution. I hope they make the adjustment.

Invisible mesh is a good idea Mystical.

Wheatenland

FSE Tracks
SRD Member
Reaction score
The day flash feels like it's working as intended since it is from the sun. Turning off solar can check this box.

As for night, we saw this bug too. I'll let Rufio give more detail, but we tried everything we could think of with no luck getting rid of it. If anyone knows a sure-fire way to fix it, we're all ears.

We use to make small adjustments to sun to track location to allow for a good driving experience, a small clear mask would also be a good idea. You shouldn’t have to turn off effects..JMHO.

again much appreciation

Rufio2031

BBMC Tracks
SRD Member
Reaction score
I noticed I can only add 39 opponents to the track, will it support 42 later or is that intended?
It is intended. Nascar uses 40 stalls, so we all have to understand that a request for 43 is no longer the norm. You're expecting a different representation of the real world. Some tracks don't even have 43 stalls anymore. I understand people want 43 stalls. It is a reminder I need to make for myself going forward, but I currently don't test with anymore than 40 cars. The track has 43 graphical stalls. I assume it's is possible to add more but I'd have to check it out.
I've spent probably close 20 hours on pitting alone for this track if not more. Please keep in mind that we're doing what we can and have invested a lot of time in just about every inch of the track. Additional stalls is a request that can be easily modified by anyone within 10 minutes with just a pinch of motivation. I'll even help you learn. (When I say "you" I don't specifically mean you Mystical, this is for anyone)

Great track! I assume its known but one of the buildings is floating and it confused me as i ran around in the infield.
Although this is so miniscule it bugs me, you're right. I specifically remember tuning the height of that building in the last week. I don't know what happened.

It is recommended to turn off solar effects for performance sake. It is just a suggestion. On my computer I get about 35 less FPS when facing the sun on a night track with Solar Effects enabled. That's why that's included in the readme.
For that reason I did not see the issue with the Solar Effects turned on. The issue on my end can be resolved by turning solar effects off.
I'll see if I can do anything about it but I'd only be pulling at strings coming up with a fix. I tried a few quick adjustments and the problem persisted, just in a different location on the track. Will try some of the suggestions in this thread.
Night turn 4 bug is documented as a known issue. I don't know how to fix it.

First, thank you for reading the readme.
Second, how does the theory behind this work? What size or shape should the mesh be? Should it be above, encapsulate the problem area, between the problem area and sun? Also what's helpful for me is to understand why this would fix it? I wouldn't think a 3do would have the slightest affect on the track lighting (aside from emitting lights). In what ways does a 3do affect lighting? Admittedly, of all the areas within the track creation realm lighting is by far my biggest black hole.
I spent 5 hours on the night flash alone and couldn't get even a pinch of a different result. The only reason we decided to leave it in without fixing it is because we simply didn't know what else to try.