37 - Kroger Camaro - TAL1 Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
37 - Kroger Camaro - ATL Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

[RELEASE] Charlotte 2018 BBMC (Day & Night)

Rufio2031

BBMC Tracks
SRD Member
Reaction score
The checkers finally wave at Charlotte. We're happy to announce the overdue release of the BBMC version of Charlotte Motor Speedway. It's been a long journey filled with frustrations, puns, and cursing out Sandbox, but we made it. We hope you enjoy, and please remember to thank and support all of our NR2003 content creators.

We'd also like the note that we've included a SD pack for those who may struggle with performance. Surprisingly, we've seen very little, if any, improvements with this SD pack. But hey, it's better than nothing. We've also included notes in the Readme for performance improvements.

Big thanks to our Beta testers who put release off another few weeks due to all the wonderful feedback they provided. We also had another item on the wishlist that unfortunately did not make the cut that set us back another week.

[IMPORTANT: New version uploaded 12 hours after original post. If you've downloaded the track, please re-download and replace the original download.]
DOWNLOAD: http://bb-mc.co/

charlotte_day_02.jpg
charlotte_night_02.jpg

====================================
[1] FEATURES

Charlotte 2018 BBMC Day is constructed using satelite imagery, reference videos and photography. It is our goal to provide an accurate representation of the track layout, surface, and environment within the engine limitations.
The track uses Charlotte 2013 SDT as a base, although track segment/geometry and been completely rebuilt from the ground up. Many 3d objects have been re-used. All credits to their original creators.

- Updated HD texturing throughout the entire track (Huge thanks to Michael Ciarlo)
- Updated signage from 2018 Coca-Cola 600
- New 3d models
- Beautiful new Sun Deck in Turn 4
- New paddock club
- New pit suites
- New watertower
- New fence signs
- T3 Billboards
- New yellow pit barrels.
- CUP setup provided (BB_Custom)

[2] CREDITS & THANKS

MC (Michael Ciarlo):
- Remarkable texture work bringing NR2003 to the world of HD. Also picking up 3d modeling to add more life to our NR2003 environments. Thank you for all of your hard work, attention to detail, and support. On behalf of the whole NR2003 community, thank you.

JR Franklin:
- Respect is earned. JR has been an invaluable resource not only for sharing his track building experience and knowledge, but also spent much of his own time going above and beyond with beta testing and reporting. Not to mention also assisting with pit stall placement. Thank you JR for you kind and thorough feedback.

CREDITS:
Track Development:
Bryan Bieniek

Graphics & Art:
Michael Ciarlo

A.I. Development:
Bryan Bieniek

Beta Testing:
Michael Ciarlo
J.R. Franklin
RacerXero
Matt Baker
MattyO

Additional Contributions:
SBP - Re-texture of Papy Ambulance

[3] PERFORMANCE & OPTIMIZATIONS

BBMC tracks push the limitations of the games engine. We know the tracks will work better for some than others, and some they make not work at all. There are a few things you can try to help performance. The following are tips you can try that will help on any NR2003 track, not just BBMC:

- No 4K car textures.
- We've witnessed game instability with 4k cars.
- Recommend for slower rigs: 2048px max cars; 512px max crews.
- Compress car and pit crew textures.
- Compressing cars shrinks file size by over half in some cases. This assists in keeping the memory down while playing the game. You can achieve this simply by learning to use the WinMip2 application.
- Disable Solar Effects in Options->Graphics menu.
- Most noticeable on Night races.
- Reduce Number of Sounds Played in Options->Sound menu.
- Close all background programs.

Last edited:

puckhogg11

SRD Member
Reaction score
Beautiful tracks guys. Ran 25 quick laps on both versions and they both look fantastic. Great job on these!

Bamaracing

SRD Member
Reaction score
All the tracks looks awesome. I am having problem with Richmond. Still very happy

Wheatenland

FSE Tracks
SRD Member
Reaction score
Man... Guys great Job on the track.. It is a step up from the update that Sean and I did back in the day.. However I am having and issue getting out of the pits. I keep getting you didn't exit the pits safely.. Anyone else having the issue?

starscream24

Captain of Unpopular Opinions.
SRD Member
Reaction score
Beautiful track. My only issue is on pit some stalls make the ai reset themselves and I think all cars get caught speeding so they are on an endless loop of coming into pit road. I'm sure it's just an ini fix. Still great job.

halfwayglad

BBMC Tracks
SRD Member
Reaction score
Man... Guys great Job on the track.. It is a step up from the update that Sean and I did back in the day.. However I am having and issue getting out of the pits. I keep getting you didn't exit the pits safely.. Anyone else having the issue?
I was able to reproduce this issue so it will get fixed. We're also investigating the AI reset.

Rufio2031

BBMC Tracks
SRD Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys. This bug snuck in post Beta changes. I have it fixed, but will investigate the AI pitting loop issue first before uploading to avoid continuously updating the download source track. Please stay tuned for the update.