5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

[RELEASE] FreeCamera

James Hodge

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
This is great to have in the absence of CCM working anymore. Is there a possibility of having the option to move the roof cam like in CCM? Moving the Pit Lane camera is great but sometimes for videos I need the camera to be tied to a particular car rather than be free roaming.

WyattW

Wjw1888 on other NR2003 sites
SRD Member
Reaction score
Bitdefender is calling this a infected folder containing Trojan.GenericKD.341193 I really love this idea but just don't know whether to risk it or not. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

DAT Designs

Paint Scheme Designer
SRD Member
Reaction score
Bitdefender is calling this a infected folder containing Trojan.GenericKD.341193 I really love this idea but just don't know whether to risk it or not. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!
Yeah your anti-virus will pick this up as a threat but it's totally safe. Just label the program as an exception in your anti-virus software.

WyattW

Wjw1888 on other NR2003 sites
SRD Member
Reaction score
Youre absolutely sure? It's giving me hell in trying to block me from opening it.

DAT Designs

Paint Scheme Designer
SRD Member
Reaction score
Youre absolutely sure? It's giving me hell in trying to block me from opening it.
Yes, completely sure. Been using this program for months now. Works like a charm and has had no ill effects in the time I've used it.

casssp

SRD Member
Reaction score
I hadn't tried it yet so I decided to try it out during the week. I was impressed with simplicity and enormous functionality (I even took a picture and posted it in the picture thread). Thank you so much for making and sharing FreeCamera with us, I really enjoyed it! But I was curious: how did you develop it?

I had no problems with the AVIRA antivirus.

Sometimes it seems that the mouse goes to a certain limit for the sides, but then just disable CTRL + Q and enable CTRL + E that will work again.

I found an easy method to activate the game and the tool, without having to be windowned or ALT + TAB or Windows Key (which causes the game to crash a few times and have to be restarting more times until it works). My method is: I put the program in the root folder of NR2003, then I select both .EXE for the program and the game, and then I press Enter. So it opens the game and the program at the same time. It worked without any error.

Travisnyitrai

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
After 3 years of trying and 3 years of frustration trying to get Camera Control Master to work, I decided it would be a lot easier to simply make my own version of it. Hence, FreeCamera was born.

Basically what this program does is move the Pit Lane 1 camera around based on your inputs. The controls are in the readme.txt file, along with how to get the program to work. The only issue I've had is that Windows Defender (or any antivirus program worth its salt) will automatically read it as a virus. This is because, technically, FreeCamera is a memory editor that actively changes the camera location values in your computer's memory. In order to be able to use the program, you'll have to add it as an exclusion in your antivirus settings. Other than that, all you have to do is open the program and press "Ctrl+E" and you'll be able to move the camera around.

Happy camera-ing!

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.simracingdesign.com/resources/freecamera.3711/
This is AWESOME! thanks for sharing!

James Hodge

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
just updated this with a lot of new features (locking onto cars, etc.) - check it out in the resources section! :)
Awesome! When I hit CTRL-B it switches to an in-car view as if I'm sitting on the floor of the car, and I can't seem to be able to move the camera. Is there an extra step to be able to move the camera? It also doesn't seem like the CTRL+B+ (Number) command works for me. Everything else works great.

halfwayglad

BBMC Tracks
SRD Member
Reaction score
Anyone know why, after a session, starting FreeCamera drops downwards without any interaction? It's almost like I'm holding down a button but it happens automatically and continues forever until I restart my computer.

melon_person_18

custom title
SRD Member
Reaction score
Awesome! When I hit CTRL-B it switches to an in-car view as if I'm sitting on the floor of the car, and I can't seem to be able to move the camera. Is there an extra step to be able to move the camera? It also doesn't seem like the CTRL+B+ (Number) command works for me. Everything else works great.
i'm guessing you were using a mod with GNS, CTS, or PTA physics, which is why it wouldn't work - just uploaded a fix for that

Anyone know why, after a session, starting FreeCamera drops downwards without any interaction? It's almost like I'm holding down a button but it happens automatically and continues forever until I restart my computer.
do you mean it moves the camera downwards without you pressing a button even while the program window says "Disabled"?

halfwayglad

BBMC Tracks
SRD Member
Reaction score
i'm guessing you were using a mod with GNS, CTS, or PTA physics, which is why it wouldn't work - just uploaded a fix for that

do you mean it moves the camera downwards without you pressing a button even while the program window says "Disabled"?
When I enable the app using Ctl E it starts moving downward.

melon_person_18

custom title
SRD Member
Reaction score
When I enable the app using Ctl E it starts moving downward.
hmm.. did this happen with v1.0 or is this only happening in 2.0 and 2.1??
also, what mod, track, and no-cd patch are you using? i'd like to try to recreate this so i can look into it further :)

halfwayglad

BBMC Tracks
SRD Member
Reaction score
hmm.. did this happen with v1.0 or is this only happening in 2.0 and 2.1??
also, what mod, track, and no-cd patch are you using? i'd like to try to recreate this so i can look into it further :)
I'll give 2.1 a try! I didn't realize there had been an update.