Latest resources

The Fastest ¼ Mile in the Northeast gets the "Full Monty" PST treatment with this 2020 facelift!
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS20 Mustang Template 2048 x 2048 Update MattyO
Bigger rear decal (tail light decal)
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS Mod Cts Physics MattyO
NXS20 Mod Cts Physics
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS Mod Cup Physics MattyO
NXS20 Mod Cup Physics
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
SRD NXS20 Blender Scene Burnout
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

Render Issue

Nuttyboy812

SRD Member
Reaction score
So I've been trying to make a render scene in 3ds Max 2017, and I've run into some issues. I made the scene by taking the render scene that comes with BR15 and cloning that car to get a 4 car scene. My issue is that some of the cars are rendering without the hood flaps. I've researched the issue and have seen people say it's the underhood geometry, but I've played with moving and removing that to no avail.

JNieder51188

SRD Member
Reaction score
It maybe an issue of the under side of the hood clashing with the top causing it to render badly or other objects conflicting. A trick to check that is to turn all unnecessary parts off or break the model down and delete polygons.

Rogue

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
It is a bleeding issue caused when objects are to close together. could be the hood underside etc. nr2003 is fine with it, but Max is a different animal.

Rogue

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
What render engine are you using?

Rogue

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
If you select move the geometry, make sure ignore backfacing is ON.

Nuttyboy812

SRD Member
Reaction score
What render engine are you using?
Mental Ray, I don't think it's the render engine itself though because in the preview you can see the flaps are gone too. I also just tried the ignore backfacing setting that you suggested and it didn't help. The cars are fine until I assign the new materials to them, that's when they break, but I can't seem to find anything that's to my knowledge wrong with the materials.

Nuttyboy812

SRD Member
Reaction score
Throwing up an image of what I meant by it being botched in the preview. Firstly when I drag the new material onto the car it applies to everything as you can see, although I've figured out a way around that, but if you look closely you can see the flaps are gone. I'm at a loss.