1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

*RESULTS POSTED* 2020 SRD Pick'em Series - Round 2: Las Vegas

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by BrendonH12, Feb 19, 2020.

1. MattSRD28

MattSRD28 SRD Pick'em Series Commissioner Moderator

I found you! 5 starts in 2013 including a win. Welcome back! It's been a while but your ROTY eligibility is still intact if you want to go full time this year.

2. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong

Thirty-four members of the Sim Racing Design community submitted picks for the events at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway this past weekend. Scoring was very good across the board this week, with all of our participating members scoring well over 100 points, while seven members even broke the 200-point barrier! However, our winner managed to gap the rest of the field pretty well... Woah! I'm getting ahead of myself!!! :D Before I give away any more scoring information, let's take a look at our "Final Five" members who battled it out for the win in "Sin City" (in A-Z order):

Brandon Miller
    DannyM
    Johhnyk1990
    Ryan597
    XxTeam48LowesXx

So who was the best gambler and who wants "what happened in Vegas to stay in Vegas?"

This week's winner is no stranger to victory lane... With a winning score of 225 points, please join me in congratulating @Johnnyk1990 on his first SRD Pick'em Series win of the 2020 season! As mentioned above, @Johnnyk1990 had quite the margin of victory - for SRD Pick'em Series standards anyway... Coming home in second place - 17 points away from a win - is @Ryan597, with a score of 208 points! Just one point behind him is our third-place-finisher, @XxTeam48LowesXx, with a score of 207 points! Fourth place belongs to @Brandon Miller, while two-time SRD Pick'em Series champion, @DannyM, rounds out our top 5 with scores of 204 and 202 points respectively.

[​IMG]

2020 Pennzoil 400 at Las Vegas Full Results, brought to you by @MattSRD28:

[​IMG]

With his win, @Johnnyk1990 joins @NAlt4 as our only virtual locks so far in the 2020 SRD Pick'em Series Playoffs! But it's still very, very early in the season, and we all know that ANYTHING can happen!
    So let's take a look at the full 2020 Season Standings as of Race #2, brought to you by @MattSRD28:

[​IMG]

Finally, let's take a look at our Sunoco Rookie of the Year battle! When @thedude1987 left Daytona, he was holding on to a slim 6 point lead in the ROTY standings, but after a strong performance in Las Vegas, he now has stretched that gap to 62 points! As well, and as @MattSRD28 mentioned above, we had a "new old" member return to the series after an eight-year hiatus! Please join me in welcoming back @timoteo328 to the SRD Pick'em Series! We hope you stick around for the rest of the season! ;)
    Now, let's take a look at the 2020 Sunoco Rookie of the Year Standings as of Race #2:

[​IMG]

And that does it for the second race recap of the season! We hope you all had fun this past weekend in Vegas and are ready to compete for a win and possibly a spot in the 2020 SRD Pick'em Series Playoffs!

This week, NASCAR and the SRD Pick'em Series heads to the Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, California, for NASCAR Xfinity Series and NASCAR Cup Series racing at the 2-mile oval! The Race Weekend and Pick'em threads for Auto Club will be up very soon, so don't forget to make your picks!

Thank you all for playing! See y'all in Cali! :)

Fishtail and Ryan597 like this.
  3. Brandon Miller

Brandon Miller Well-Known Member

Congrats to @Johnnyk1990. How I managed 204 is beyond me. Thought my picks were garbage after watching the race.

4. BobbyRicky62

BobbyRicky62 Known in some circles as 19Caleb93

Two top-10's in the first two races? This year (and by extension, this decade) sure has gotten off to a good start for me.

Congrats @Johnnyk1990 !

5. 4WideRacing

4WideRacing Well-Known Member

I had improvement lol, crazy slow start to the season
    Congrats to @Johnnyk1990 on the win!

6. Keselowski2Wallace

Keselowski2Wallace Keselowski2Wallace

WOHO...... LAST PLACE!

mtblillie likes this.
  7. timoteo328

timoteo328 2013 Phoenix Pick'Em Winner

Thanks for the welcome back message! Glad to be back. I think I'm in it to win it this year. @MattSRD28 do you remember which pick'em I won?

201 points in first race back? I think I won that pick'em with 185 or so back in the day.

8. 4WideRacing

4WideRacing Well-Known Member

9. SebaXRuiz

SebaXRuiz 6 Time SRD Pick'em race winner

I'm still in Playoffs position. Congrats, @Johnnyk1990!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
  10. matheus357

matheus357 Very Occasional Painter

11. Fishtail

Fishtail Well-Known Member

Congrats Johnnyk1990!