1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Richmond BB-MC 2018 Setup?

Discussion in 'NR2003 General Discussion' started by nascarandindy, Sep 12, 2019.

1. nascarandindy

nascarandindy Well-Known Member

I've been practicing on the Richmond track, and I've been struggling time and time again.

No matter what setup I use, my right front tire temperature is at least 50-60 degrees higher than the other tires after only 5-6 laps. I can barely turn going into the turns and have to slow down to 85-90 mph, due to my car being SUPER tight to the point where it is damn near undrivable. With this, my lap times are only in the 23-second range, and that will not cut it racing against the AI. I've tried to lower the tire pressures, increase the ride height, and loosen up the car, and that does nothing. My lap times still stay in the 23-23.5 second range.

I would like to get my lap times into the 20.5xx-21.xxx range. Is there a setup that I can use to shave those 2-2.5 seconds off my lap times? Should I change the track grip level or something? Or is there something else that I'm missing? Any help is appreciated.

2. Rufio2031

Rufio2031 Well-Known Member

There should be a setup included with the track. Otherwise the fast setup should also point you in a better direction. If those setups are giving you the same issues then you might have something else going on. I actually have the opposite issue as you on this track. I struggle to find rear grip and burn my left front up somehow.

3. Brad H

Brad H Well-Known Member

I would recommend starting with the Volker Hackman Richmond setup as a base. I haven't really played this game in about 3 years (so am very rusty) but I ran a 75 lap practice run with his setup and I was running in the 22s for the first 17 laps (22.52 was the best), and this gradually increased to 26 seconds by the time the right front tyre blew on lap 75. I did not observe any extreme tire heat, with the temperatures settling fairly nicely in the 220s as the run went on.

Tire wear is very high on this track, so I would focus on longer runs - a little less tire wear on the longer runs is going to save you a lot more seconds that shaving a few tenths off your times in laps 1-6 (which you seem to be focusing on). The RF popped on 75 and the RR was red then also (<5% left). I was probably riding the brake a bit too much going into the turns, and that may be why the tirewear was so high (still think the track is unusually rough on tires though).

I only made 1 run, but I would probably increase the diff ratio by a click as a first change to the setup. I was not redlining the tacho on early laps, and the car was getting bogged down coming off the turns in the later laps. I think I had 8 or 9 gallons of fuel left so would also thinking about refilling 1.5 cans of fuel during the race.

I suspect 20.x is an unrealistic aim in race trim, but as I said, I haven't run laps in years, so perhaps my skills have deserted me, and it is possible to run a fair bit faster than that run. That was my first run ever at this track.

Hope that helps!

4. Rufio2031

I just ran a full fuel run. Best lap was in line with Brad H. with a 22.55 (fastest was 22.48 previous run) and ended consistently in the 24.8 range. Tires were about a little over half dead. This was with some slight modifications to the BB_Custom provided.

5. Brad H

Brad H Well-Known Member

Rufio, I don't want to sound like the guy who can't believe others are faster, but..... were you using the normal track.ini or the track - less tirewear.ini? It is just that I really don't see myself getting to the end of the fuel run with the base track.ini.

6. Rufio2031

The normal track.ini. It's my track and I prefer the realistic drop off. :)