Running NR2003 on Windows 8?

Discussion in 'NR2003 General Discussion' started by MillsLayne, Nov 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MillsLayne

MillsLayne The Blue Bomber

Before anyone asks, I did read the other thread titled 'Windows 8', but what I'm experiencing wasn't really described. Anyway, my wife and I recently bought a new PC and it has Windows 8 64 bit on it. We're going from XP to 8 now, so I'm somewhat lost as to what changed in terms of installing older games and what's required to run them. I have installed NR2003 and the 1.201 patch, along with the no cd crack, but the game crashes once I go to the race weekend screen. I'll select a track, everything will load just fine, but once I go to practice or jump straight to the race, it crashes.
  2. Tnamwen

Tnamwen New Member

I don't use the No CD patch, but I got it to work with no real problem. The only problem I have now is I am stuck with a certain driver because when I go to change it the game crashes, but running a race is no problem. Not sure what causes your problem, sorry.
  3. Mo Neenja31

Mo Neenja31 Rocketman Banned

Like in Vista/7, you have to turn off DEP
  4. MillsLayne

MillsLayne The Blue Bomber

I tried doing that, but it won't let me. It's saying that the program needs DEP turned on. I then tried disabling it in command prompt, but then I get an error saying that the value is protected by the Secure Boot policy and cannot be modified or deleted. Now I'm trying to figure out if I can disable this dumb Secure Boot thing.

EDIT: I should clarify that it was saying that DEP needed to be turned on for the No CD Crack version of the .exe. I just was able to turn off DEP for the original .exe and I got the game to let me race. I'm just wondering if there's a way to get the No CD Crack working...
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.