1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

Running NR2003 on Windows 8?

Discussion in 'NR2003 General Discussion' started by MillsLayne, Nov 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MillsLayne

MillsLayne "Balls and strikes."

Before anyone asks, I did read the other thread titled 'Windows 8', but what I'm experiencing wasn't really described. Anyway, my wife and I recently bought a new PC and it has Windows 8 64 bit on it. We're going from XP to 8 now, so I'm somewhat lost as to what changed in terms of installing older games and what's required to run them. I have installed NR2003 and the 1.201 patch, along with the no cd crack, but the game crashes once I go to the race weekend screen. I'll select a track, everything will load just fine, but once I go to practice or jump straight to the race, it crashes.

2. Tnamwen

Tnamwen Well-Known Member

I don't use the No CD patch, but I got it to work with no real problem. The only problem I have now is I am stuck with a certain driver because when I go to change it the game crashes, but running a race is no problem. Not sure what causes your problem, sorry.

3. Mo Neenja31

Mo Neenja31 Rocketman Banned

Like in Vista/7, you have to turn off DEP

4. MillsLayne

MillsLayne "Balls and strikes."

I tried doing that, but it won't let me. It's saying that the program needs DEP turned on. I then tried disabling it in command prompt, but then I get an error saying that the value is protected by the Secure Boot policy and cannot be modified or deleted. Now I'm trying to figure out if I can disable this dumb Secure Boot thing.

EDIT: I should clarify that it was saying that DEP needed to be turned on for the No CD Crack version of the .exe. I just was able to turn off DEP for the original .exe and I got the game to let me race. I'm just wondering if there's a way to get the No CD Crack working...

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.