1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Saving Championship Results Question

Discussion in 'NR2003 General Discussion' started by McDiesel92, Feb 9, 2019.

1. McDiesel92

McDiesel92 Well-Known Member

So my question has to do with saving race results in the race weekend for outside use. I just finished the 6th race and forgot to save the results. My current offline championship (2011 Cup) I have been saving the results and using them in nr2k3 scoring system. I have Score4 but I didn't call out a difference between Kurt and Kyle so it's combining the best finish as one driver. I prefer not to having start over again but is there anyway to continue and still have an accurate point standing leading up and into the chase?

2. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

For drivers who share last names and first name initials, place both their first and last names as the last name in NR2003's opponent manager. While the entire name will appear when racing, it will help outside programs (such as Score4) differentiate between the two drivers.

3. DaleTona75

DaleTona75 The Bump And Run

Also, using notepad, you can edit the HTML file and change the names of the drivers retroactively. I've had to do this a few times, and while a bit of a chore, will save you from having to rerun the races.

4. McDiesel92

I opened one and I had trouble seeing where the driver info was located. Can you post a screenshot?

5. DaleTona75

Go to the Find tab, and type in the last name, and click Find Next. You should find the name you are looking for.
    [​IMG]

6. McDiesel92

Thank you. Do I only need to do this in the race results or in each session? Now after doing this, if I change Kyle's last name to 'Busch1' in the opponent manager, I will not have to do this after each race? Also going back to my original problem, I have the first 5 races saved correctly, will I be able to add in the points from the 6th race so that the points standings will be correct?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    DaleTona75 likes this.
  7. DaleTona75

To answer your questions in order
    1. You have to change the name every place the driver appears.
    2. Yes, if you change the name to Busch1 in the opponent manager, you will not have to change it every race.
    3. As long as you replace the old results in your championship manager program of choice, you should be able to add new results without messing up the points calculations, but I have not tested it yet.

8. McDiesel92

Thanks for the help. I'll add in the points from the 6th race when I load in the results from the 5th race. Do you normally generate the results after you enter each race?

9. DaleTona75

Works either way from what I've found.