1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Season 2: Championship Weekend at Miami

Discussion in 'SRD Sprint Cup Offline League' started by Chevellion, Jun 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

Came up just short. Thanks to all the guys at Volunteer for putting together this 86 Toys R Us, Kroger Chevy Impala. Excellent the way we came back from being down this year. Congrats to Zack and the 95 guys for a great run.

2. zaw24fan

zaw24fan SRD National Series Director Paint Crew

Webster (still in the car, sitting on backstraight): "I'm gonna let Dan Busch celebrate his win. Just tell me when to make my way back around the track. I might sit here and get me a nap. Tell those #9 guys to celebrate their win, I can wait."

1 person likes this.
  3. db512

db512 2011 SRD Cup Series Champion

Reporter: " Here in victory lane Dan Busch getting a swig of AMP as he is about to climb out of the car in victory lane for the first time."

Climbs out of the car in a shower of various beverages lets out a loud yell, looks to the crew and swan dives into them.

Reporter: "Dan what does this finally feel like to be here in victory lane?"

DB#9: "You know what we were really excited last year to come here and run well enough to win the championship. That was a great accomplishment, but this is an amazing feeling. We have been so close in the past and could never close the deal and today we did."

Reporter: " Your car was super fast that last run?"

DB#9: "Yeah we had a top 5 car all day and I told Brandon that we needed to do something to win this races, we needed this win. So he called for a big change on that last stop and man did it work. I was driving a rocket! The #44 held up the leaders and I saw my chance and took it. This is great I am so pumped!!!"

Reporter: "Congratulations Dan!"

DB#9: "Thanks, Woooo!!"

4. zaw24fan

95CC: "Alright bud, wakey, wakey. Time to celebrate."

Webster: "10-4. On the way."

5. Chevellion

Chevellion Former SRD Cup League Director

A little bit of swag for the champ...logo+avatar:

PROTIP: They're PNG files...so save them as such ;)

Attached Files:

6. TBrew14

TBrew14 Well-Known Member

anything for the roty ?:p

7. Chevellion

??

Attached Files:

8. Enter Sandman

Enter Sandman ...And Justice For All

Roger Sandri: "The opportunity to play the strategy card never happened today, and we just couldn't move forward. Well, one spot, but that's only good enough if you start second. I'm still proud of this EB Motorsports team though, we put together a couple of wins and some good runs. If we can get some consistency in this team next season we'll be contending for that trophy my buddy Zach is getting set to hoist. Congratulations are due to him and that 95 team for sure, so if you'll excuse me, I need to go dump a beer on his head after I find DB to congratulate on finally getting himself a win to go with his championship trophy from last year."

9. TBrew14

thanks!

10. Chevellion

ALSO:

I'll begin with all of the offseason nonsense starting tomorrow.

From here on out...it's Mike's time to shine. I hope you all enjoyed the 2012 season, speedbumps and all. Congrats to Zack...really happy with how the ending played out (even if it wasn't a Ford that won it ;) )

5 people like this.
  11. TBrew14

Also... Congrats to the 95 team!

12. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

WTG Chev...you did an awesome job this year.

13. db512

db512 2011 SRD Cup Series Champion

Thanks for all you do Chev had a great time. And congrats to Zack Webster on the title I gladly pass the crown to you enjoy it man.

14. labontefanboy

labontefanboy Well-Known Member

"Disappointing finish to end a decent season. Hopefully third time's a charm next season. Congrats to the 95 team, they had a great year and deserved the title!"

Thanks for doing this Chev, it's definitely a blast to be a part of!

15. Ryan81398

Ryan81398 93 Wins

Awesome job Chev.

Also, do the Team Champs get a sig or avatar or anything?

16. Enter Sandman

Enter Sandman ...And Justice For All

Yes, definitely another great season, Chev. You certainly stepped it up to the next level this season, and I'm sure you'll do the same for year three. Looking forward to it for sure, but as you said, time to focus on Mike and the Indycars.

17. Paul Johnson

Paul Johnson Ultimate Frisbee is the way to go!

Thanks for the season chev! :D

PJ "We had nothing for the top guys all day, I want to thank outback for sponsoring us this season and ford performance racing for having me on there team! We'll get em next year!"

18. DERacing

DERacing SRD's Resident Lunatic!

Congrats to Zach and Dan on the Title and Win today.

I'll take a 3rd this race, I believe thats my best this season... And damn it felt good to be up there rubbing and banging again. Jumped 13 in points with it, but too little too late.

Rumor has it, there is a big announcement coming in the off season in regards to the DER Motorsports/JI Motorsports Designs stable. Something about a throwback and going back to basics again. Next season is gonna be a wild ride for the 32!

On a serious note, Thank you to Chev for all his hard work to run these races. Its not an easy task to keep up with everything. Thanks again Chev!

19. zaw24fan

Allen Bestwick: And we're here at the start/finish line as we wait for Zack Webster to climb from his car. After a dismal first season in the SRD Cup Series, it's sweet, sweet redemption for this 95 crew. Here comes Zack now.

*Zack climbs from the car, stands on the door window while being doused by various liquids, and sits on the roof of the car in a breakdown of tears.*

Bestwick: And we're gonna give Webster a chance to collect his composure and his thoughts as he climbs down from the car. Zack. You won Montreal, you won Rio, you finished 2nd here tonight, and I'm glad to tell you... You are the Season 2 Sim Racing Design Cup Series Champion. Congratulations.

Webster: *accepts towel, wipes tears from eyes* Thank you so very much Alan. This whole thing is so surreal right now. It's still really hard to believe that after all we've been through since I started, we're finally champions. I don't know what to say or what to put into words right now.

Bestwick: Well, what about the race to begin with?

Webster: This 95 crew brought them a good piece at the perfect time. We were really bummed out about our struggle at Las Vegas, and we knew it would come back to haunt us here tonight, and it did at one point. These guys just did the right things. We started off strong, you know, we came from 12th to lead the race by Lap 15. Then once we got out front, our car just took off all the way to pit stops. Really started to get concerned after the first round of pit stops. We came back out on the track in 4th and we just backslid from there with Gamboa getting by and others. My crew chief did a very good job at keeping me focused and maintained on what I needed to do tonight. We made it through that next run with the best result possible, then this car absolutely came to life again after that second pit stop, and that was sparked by the excellent job of my pit crew to have a fast and solid stop. From then on, it was just my job to keep the 91 and 21 behind us and we knew that would be enough to get the title. Really got helped by Gamboa's pit road mistake. I knew that he had a car that could take the championship from us. But we just kept driving and when it was all said and done, we came home 2nd and it was good enough.

Bestwick: We could ramble on about your season, but just take me through those last 5 races, starting with Montreal.

Webster: Montreal was the spark for us. My pit crew won that one for us. You know, that win at Montreal was the first for us, and it really took the pressure off of us to get a win. Then when we went to Calder Park, we had a competitive car, but we just couldn't get anything going with the wreck with Lopez and my own personal mistakes after that. Rio was just sheer dominance. 22nd to 1st and the win was a win I will never forget because we won that race so dominantly. Then the embarrassing run at Las Vegas. We were lucky that Gamboa and Zumwalt had runs similar to us, or we would have never had a shot at this championship. Then you saw what unfolded here tonight at Homestead. We just did what we needed to do and now we're champions.

Bestwick: Moving on, Webster, it's time to put on the owner hat. You guys also brought home the team championship for Season 2. Tell us about that.

Webster: Lemme get Ryan Cole and Mike Grube down here, come here guys. I couldn't have asked for two better guys to team up with me than these two right here. These two rookies were looking for a ride when this season started, and I knew these two would do big things. It was awesome to get Grube to victory lane at Dover and we really wished that we could have gotten Cole to victory lane, but these guys are just phenomenal. I know I had my two wins this season, but this team championship would have never been won if it wasn't for these two guys beside me right now. We just got Grube signed back on for next season right before the start of the race, and we're ready to go for next season!

Bestwick: Any final thoughts, Webster?

Webster: Gotta thank all of my sponsors. RedBull, Pine-Sol, Siemens, Walgreens, Toyota, SuperCharged Energy, AskAd.com, DiG Aero; got those guys coming on next season. Everyone who sponsored Cole and Grube throughout there stellar seasons. None of this would have been possible without truly EVERYONE on this RedBull-Webster Racing crew. And winning this championship? You know what that was? THAT'S THE POWER OF PINE-SOL BABY!!!!! *soaked in beer by Roger Sandri* Man I'm gonna miss saying that.... SEASON 2 CHAMPIONS BABY!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Gotta thank Chevellion too for running this series. I had a blast this season, buddy!!!!

Bestwick: And that was a very emotional, Zack Webster. He finished 2nd tonight at Homestead and clinched the Season 2 Sim Racing Design Cup Series championship.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  20. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

JZ - "Well once again we get beat in the last race. Our car was fast next to the wall but towards the end of the race it had rubbered up too much and the handling went away. Congrats to Webster and his team for their performance. Not sure how Rockstar is going to feel after we let another title slip through our fingers. Not sure about this off season yet but I am looking forward to coming back next year. All I know at this point is I will be partnered with Ford but that's it. Great job my guys and everyone at FPR this season and I hope they enjoy their time off."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.