1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Season 2: Championship Weekend at Miami

Discussion in 'SRD Sprint Cup Offline League' started by Chevellion, Jun 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan81398

Ryan81398 93 Wins

RC - "Congrats to Webster. Now, to the announcement. I have decided that I will reveal my Daytona Dream paint scheme for next season, when I get my first Indycar win. I was going to reveal it today if I won but, I didn't so, to Daytona!"

2. 2448fan4life

2448fan4life Fan of Hendrick Motorsports

RH#88: "Congrats to Zack but disappointing day for our team.Finished tenth in points!"

3. NascarXprt

NascarXprt Well-Known Member

Congrats to the new champ!

so a poor outcome for team V2M again, finishing 11th in team standings though is a bit better than last season, but the drivers took the worst of it, Cole finishing 22nd overall, Mike finishing 39th overall, and Nick, though only finishing the last 7 races in 41st with 1 Top 5, 3 Top 10's. Nick had the best starting average and finishing average of the team with a starting ave of 15.14 and a ave finish of 19.71. Hopefully Next season V2M will come out strong and better and with determination!

4. Nick Lathan

Nick Lathan Well-Known Member

@ND#27: Great job to Zach Webster and the 95, he had a great season, and from how he raced me, he deserved it. But now I need to have a word with the 44. They just cost me the race.

5. super39fan

super39fan Well-Known Member

Not the way we wanted to end the season, but we'll take the 21st and move on. I have to congratulate teammate John for the show he put on this season. I believe he finished the season in 4th, gotta check on that later. Congrats to Webster and the 95 Red Bull team, they did a great job all season. I'd like to thank all my sponsors for coming out and hope to be back next season strong as ever.

Thank you Chev for taking your time to run this!

6. zaw24fan

zaw24fan SRD National Series Director Paint Crew

Webster Holds Final Press Conference of Season 2

[​IMG]

Before I say anything else, I will say that this is going to be viewed from both me as a driver, and me as an owner. There will be some confirmations of next season included.

First off, I'd like to thank my crew and everyone here that is a part of the entire RedBull-Webster organization for everything they've done for the three of us [drivers]. Without you guys, we would have never had a chance in the world at winning the championship or the team championship, much less both of them. I feel very fortunate to have the crew that I did this year. It is such a huge swing from last season. These guys started off hot with 3 top 10s in the first 3 races, and they didn't let mishaps such as blown engines and wrecks get them down, especially Las Vegas. These guys took it as motivation and that's what I believe powered us to this championship this year. These guys just kept the good cars coming, and all I had to do was simply drive them to the best of my ability. These guys also kept me upbeat when mishaps occurred, most notably here in Homestead between the two pit stops. The car wasn't handling as well as it did on the first run, and I was starting to get concerned. My crew chief, here, kept me motivated and we got a good pit stop that set us in the top 5 and it was ultimately our championship from then on. I am so glad every single one of these guys is coming back for next season, and I hope for equal results as this year.

Sponsors. I can't thank you guys enough. RedBull. Walgreens. Pine-Sol. Siemens. Toyota. DuPont. GameStop. Everyone both on this 95 team and the 25 and 85 teams. Like our crews, we couldn't have done it without you guys. It's a shame we must part ways with RedBull and all of our other sponsors on this 95 car, but we are so happy to end it the way we did as Season 2 Champions. Hopefully we can get similar results with SuperCharged Energy, AskAd.com, and DiG Aero.

As for Cole and Grube. Cole was signed back on very early in the season while Grube had some sorting out to do. I'm so proud to confirm that Mike Grube did indeed sign back on with RedBull-Webster Racing just before the race here in Hometead. I don't know of any sponsor announcements on Cole, but I do know that Mio could come on board the 85 crew with Grube. Sponsors for these two drivers are at their discretion, and this team will welcome any sponsor with open arms.

I could not have asked for a more phenomenal season than we had this year after the struggles of last year. We just took a team that had nothing but three top 10s to their name coming into this season, and ended with a two-win championship season. That in itself is just astounding in my book.

Got to thank all of their competitors for their wishes of congratulations in our winning the championship. I would personally like to thank John Gamboa and Jeremy Zumwalt for the excellent competition for the championship. I think we all saw last night that if Gamboa didn't have that bad pit stop, I believe he would be the one holding the trophy right now. Also got to thank Jay Lopez for a peaceful end to the year. We all saw what erupted there at Calder Park between us that ended with me being not such a happy camper at the end of the race. He said after the race he would try to stay out of our ways and we went problem free from then to the end of the year. Got to thank those guys again. Wesley Slates, Aaron Walz; you guys gave me some really stiff competition for my wins at Montreal and Rio. You guys surely didn't make it easy for me to get those wins. Last but certainly not least, Ryan Cole and Mike Grube. You guys are the best teammates any team would ever want in this sport and I'm so glad to have had you two as teammates, and I'm so excited to get both of you guys back for Season 3.

Thanks again to everyone involved in this sport and the RedBull-Webster organization. It's been a very fun year, and we'll see you guys at Daytona!!!

Thank you.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.