1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Season 6, Race 5: Kentucky

Discussion in 'SRD Sprint Cup Offline League' started by Zoom, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Lap 134: White flag for Trey Coleman! Hooper is right there though and goes low into turn 1! Hooper noses ahead as they now power off turn 2. Coleman now powering back off turn 2 as they race side by side to turn 3!

White.png

WhiteBattle.png

TColeman12 likes this.
  2. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Lap 134: Through 3 and 4, Coleman stays in the throttle on the outside and has the momentum off turn 4! Trey Coleman will win in Kentucky! Hooper a close 2nd, Mahoney 3rd, Llamas 4th, and Everett round out the top 5.

Finish.png

3. TColeman12

TColeman12 #RoarBeforeThe24

12Radio: "YES, YES, YES, WE'RE A WINNER IN THE SRD CUP SERIES!"

4. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

11 CC - Good rebound Hoop. One more lap and we'd have him. Way to go.

11 Spotter - Chin up dude, good race.

11 - Thanks y'all.

TColeman12 likes this.
  5. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Coleman.png

Trey Coleman outlasts Hooper to win Kentucky!

Trey Coleman lead the race early after starting on the front row. Coleman and company didn't panic though after giving up the lead and dropping back. After a couple of adjustments and some great moves on the late restarts, Coleman found himself out front for the final restart with 4 to go. Coleman was able to hold off a hard charging 11 team to score his first career win.

John Hooper, Sr. was the polesitter but failed to lead a lap in the 134 lap race. Hooper hung around the top 10 for most all of the race until the end when he made some great moves on the final restart to power from 4th to 2nd and give Coleman a run for his money. Hooper with a great 2nd place takes over the points lead.

Devin Mahoney with a great car moved up 18 spots to take home a 3rd. Mahoney raced his way to the front but was just short of having a race winning car. The 41 team coming off back to back weeks with a fast car.

Full Results:

SRDCupKentuckyResults.png

Updated points: (Possibly incorrect)

SRDCupPoints.png

6. Saan Anguish

Saan Anguish Inflictor of Pain

"I know we're not running for points, but damn this season has been rough. No Top-5's. no top-10's. it's crazy."

7. TColeman12

Reporter: "Here's the winner of the Kentucky 200, Trey Coleman."

*Powerade is sprayed everywhere*

Coleman: "First off, I want to thank New Era, Verizon, Powerade, Sport Clips, Ford, HJC Helmets, and Kyle Missimer. After I won the National Series championship, Kyle invited me to check out his Cup team. He believed in me and that's why I'm standing here in Victory Lane."

*Coleman takes drink of Powerade*

Reporter: "Your lowest position today was 4th, how did you stay in the top 5 for most of the day?

Coleman: "We had a fast car and it proved itself."

Reporter: "I'd better let you go, you've got a Truck race to get to."

Coleman: "Thanks."

8. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger. Banned

62JC: "Why the hell were you just sitting on your asses and not doing shit today on pit road. Every pitstop we lost track position! This happens every F***ING WEEK and needs to stop!"
    62SP: "I know you're frustrated, but we all need to focus on getting you used to these cars by the end of the season so you can blow 'em away next year."

9. nj9703

nj9703 Very Stable Genius

"This team puts their heart and soul into these cars all day, every day to get ready for these race and we've got nothing to show for it but Daytona. Scott is still running good, Nick is running average. We just gotta step our game up."

10. TColeman12

Just a heads up @Zoom, but you forgot to add a win in the win column for me in the point standings.

Zoom likes this.
  11. AntCurtain

AntCurtain Well-Known Member

Anthony Curtain: "Dang. Well, that was just a rough night for this 97 Asher Racing Reese's Chevy. It first started with that crash early in the race, which was entirely my fault, and it ended with some sort of issue we have not diagnosed yet. It just really sucks because we had such a good race car."

12. Chowda17

Chowda17 Well-Known Member

This was not the weekend we wanted at all. But humbling experiences are what make you better in this series. We'll work on getting a car that can run strong next week.

13. JBlanford74

JBlanford74 FFGFYG

13JB: yeah we've had a rough couple of weeks, but we'll rebound.

14. KnightHoarder

KnightHoarder Well-Known Member

Dakota Caudill, driver of the #4 Dollar General Chevy, declined an interview and was seen throwing his helmet at his hauler. Certainly been a frustrating start to the season.

15. Chevellion

Chevellion Former SRD Cup League Director

Congrats on the win Trey!

TColeman12 likes this.
  16. Tim2488

Tim2488 Everything Bacon.

I feel like we're Harry Scott Motorsports, yet it's my own team I've built from scratch. I don't know what to do anymore.

17. db512

db512 2011 SRD Cup Series Champion

Certainly not what we expected from our car this weekend. I really thought when the sun went down we would be stronger. The car was junk in the sun and it did get better late in the race but not good enough. I want to thank JEGS and Bass Pro Shops for all there support and Chevrolet for the fast cars and motors they provide us. We will go back to the shop and figure out what we can do differently and be ready to go again next week.

18. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

Well, we had a car that started out loose in the corners, then tight off. We bungled our pit stop and got back in the field. We just made adjustments to get better and think we had something at the end, but Trey raced us clean and held us off. I think if we had a few more laps we'd have the win. I so much wanted this win, but we'll take the points. Congrats to Trey on the awesome race. I can't thank enough my sponsors, Busch, TRD, Waste Management. All the guys at the shop, big shout out to them. Everyone here who worked hard on our Camry. Good points day, just a tad disappointed.

TColeman12 likes this.
  19. SAL

SAL Well-Known Member

Vince Welsh: Scott, you guys have been running great this season!
    Scott Lounsberry: Thanks Vince! The Sig Sauer Chevy has been running great! The boys made some great calls that kept us out front all day! Hope some of this luck will rub off on our teammates too!
    VW: Another top-10 this season has to feel pretty great, being your rookie season
    SL: It sure does! Joyce Racing has been giving us some great equipment and we are doing the best we can to represent! Its a total team effort, and we want to get all 3 of us running in the top-10 every week!
    VW: Great start, great team. Lounsberry brings home the #93 Sig Sauer Chevy home in 6th place.