1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Season 8 All-Star Challenge

Discussion in 'SRD Sprint Cup Offline League' started by jacobc62, Jul 27, 2018.

1. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

Starting up this thread since I will get the chance to run the race(s) today after I get off work.

It's in it's 3rd season of existence but the lights come on once again for dirt racing at Eldora! The stars of the SRD Cup Series will be racing at Earl's House tonight to find out who is the best of the best!

BrendonH12 likes this.
  2. Chowda17

Chowda17 Well-Known Member

Excited for some dirt track racing tonight. Should be interesting to see what lines develop. I’m guessing somewhere near the middle. Not thinking a lot of guys will try the top but if it’s an opportunity to pass, maybe it’ll work.

3. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong Moderator

@BrendonH12: "This is a whole new animal for me... Never raced on dirt in my life! I'm hoping we have a fast enough Coca-Cola Chevy to advance into the main event here tonight."

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
  4. jacobc62

I know I posted the format for tonight's races in the flats/info thread, but here's a reminder for everyone on the schedule for tonight's festivities. Things scratched out or highlighted in red are changed for time constraints:
    Last Chance Qualifier Race Format:
    -50 Laps
    -2 Segments (25/25)
    -Top 3 Finishers will transfer to the Main Event
    -NO Fan Vote
    -Winner of Segment 1 will not partake in Segment 2

Main Event Format:
    -130 Laps
    -4 Segments (40/40/40/10)
    -Drivers who finish 1 or more laps down will be brought up to the lead lap at the start of the next segment.
    -NO eliminations, with the exception of drivers who retire from the race.

Drivers Eligible for the Main Event:
    1. Wes Slates (2 wins, Past Champion)
    2. Anthony Curtain (3 wins)
    3. Jacob Craigo (3 Wins)
    4. DJ Harris (3 wins)
    5. Cody Llamas (2 wins)
    6. Billy Nixon (2 Wins, Past Champion)
    7. Tim Kunkel (2 Wins)
    8. Kyle Missimer (Old Spice '17, Past Champion)
    9. James Gegner (2017 All-Star Race)
    10. Dakota Caudill (Charlotte '17)
    11. Matt O'Reilly (Outward '17)
    12. Dan Busch (Iowa '17, Past Champion)
    13. Joey Issacs (Auto Club '18)
    14. Steven Merzlak (Lime Rock '18)
    15. Mike Peters (Sonoma '18)
    16. Zack Webster (Past Champion)
    17. John Hooper Sr. (Past Champion)

5. No1JGfan

No1JGfan Well-Known Member

RB- We've been riding a small wave of momentum, hoping we can keep it going here tonight

6. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

Dirt track, bad. Short oval, bad. Season, bad. Well, at least it's a distraction and not a points race.

7. jacobc62

*EDIT* Races have been run. Stream has ended. I will get the link to the full stream once it is done processing on Youtube.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    BrendonH12 likes this.
  8. jacobc62

FULL RACE:

[​IMG]

BrendonH12 and NascarMan32 like this.
  9. NascarMan32

NascarMan32 Well-Known Moron

Great job with the broadcast!!!

jacobc62 likes this.
  10. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong Moderator

@BrendonH12: “Man, even though we didn’t advance tonight, I had an absolute blast out there! Heck, I even got Coca-Cola out there in the lead for a little while! What else can I say? I mean, Eldora, you put on a great show for us drivers and all the fans here and watching at home. Can’t wait to do this again next year, but hopefully we’ll be locked in next time. But before all that, we got to get back down to business and do some more racing! On to the next one...”

Also, great job on the broadcast @jacobc62!

jacobc62 likes this.
  11. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

*shrug* Whatcha going to do.

OOC: Nice work there. You set the bar high on future all-star events.

jacobc62 likes this.
  12. AntCurtain

AntCurtain Well-Known Member

Anthony Curtain: "That was a lot of fun! My inexperience on dirt showed a lot since we sort of ended up yo-yo-into the front and back multiple times throughout the race. We got our Orbit Gum Camaro to sniff the front a few times, even after that crash, so I'd call the night a success!"

13. MWick4

MWick4 SRD SuperTruck Series Director

“I don’t race dirt.”

14. Chowda17

Chowda17 Well-Known Member

That was a ton of fun! Segment 1 of the open the 41 got so sideways in front of me, that I thought my day was done. Don’t know how we each hung on but I’m glad we did.

Segment 2 it just felt like we could drive through the field with ease. Hats off to my crew for that. We earned our way into this All-Star Race.

Then once we got there we showed we were no fluke, getting to lead a few laps there. Just that third segment we dropped back a few spots and I think we got set up on the high side. Couldn’t climb our way. Bummed a bit about that, but to have a top five at ORP then this? We haven’t had a great year, or even a good year, but this could be the start of a turnaround that we need.

Want to also give a shoutout to @jacobc62, who did a great job with the broadcast on the play-by-play to keep it fun. I’d definitely recommend some future races because it made me late for real work by five minutes watching til the end.

We know we need to win if we’re gonna have any shot at making the playoffs, but after these two performances back to back, I feel we have a legitimate shot to fight for one.

jacobc62 likes this.