1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Season 8, Chase Race 3: Darlington

Discussion in 'SRD Sprint Cup Offline League' started by Zoom, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Lap 157: No takers on pit road as we begin the closing stages of the race. Llamas the leader with clean track ahead on this restart. Caudill's engine expired under caution.

1 -1L
    28 -1L
    43 -1L
    2 -1L
    68 -1L
    97 -1L
    16 -2L
    6 -2L
    88 RET
    81 RET
    5 RET

[​IMG]

2. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Lap 158: Green flag is back out at Darlington as Llamas brings the field back up to speed. Root able to keep pace the 48 on the restart and he will clear Llamas to get back on the lead lap. Llamas gets in line though right behind the 1 and so does 2nd place Mallon. Wichelman in 3rd still side by side with traffic into turn 3.

Cutline at the restart:
    Mallon - 2nd (+50)
    Harris - 15th (+26)
    Ingram - 31st (+18)
    Isaacs - 7th (+18)
    Nixon - 26th (+16)
    Lennox - 8th (+10)
    Merzlak - 17th (+4)
    Woodard - 16th (+0)
    ----------------------------
    Craigo - 10th (-0)
    Hooper - 4th (-2)
    Kunkel - 24th (-6)
    Peters - 14th (-7)
    Curtain - 33rd (-13)

3. MWick4

MWick4 SRD SuperTruck Series Director

SRDSN: "Matt Wichelman, SRDSN, you got us?"

MW10: "Well, hello there!"

SRDSN: "Well buddy, we're coming up on our final 30 laps, you've kept your Yeti Coolers, Tony Stewart Throwback Camry clean up to this point. Do you have anything to get your first career SRD Cup Series victory?"

MW10: "Hell yeah! I am so proud of this OPP, Inc group and the car they've given me for this week. We've had so much speed all weekend, got my first career pole. This is the classic OPP speed that we've been missing here lately. Don't write me off yet guys."

SRDSN: "Never, good luck and have fun in these final 30 laps!"

MW10: "Thank ya! See you in victory lane!"

4. gwoodard41

gwoodard41 Well-Known Member

"just keep it clean for the remainder of the race, I can do that"

5. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Lap 161: Top 3 clear the lapped car of Root and now have clear track in front of them. Hooper still 4th and is the next car to try and clear Root.

Lap 163: Now the first 6 cars on track all clear of traffic as we approach 20 laps to go. Llamas still holds the lead over Mallon, Wichelman, Hooper, Dalton, Webster, Isaacs, Harkleroad, Spencer, and Peters.

6. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Lap 167: Hooper in 4th can't afford to lose any spots if he wants to advance to the next round. Dalton all over the rear bumper of the 11 and now moves to the inside in turn 3. Dalton to 4th as Llamas starts to pull away out front up by 7 tenths over Mallon.

Lap 169: Hooper drops another spot to Webster as Mallon closes back up to the rear bumper of Llamas for the lead. Wichelman and Dalton right there as well. Top 4 cars separated by 4 tenths of a second.

7. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Lap 171: Wichelman turns on the jets and moves around Mallon to take 2nd. Their battle cost them time to Llamas but Wichelman is only 9 tenths back with 13 to go. Dalton has fallen back to 6th now giving up spots to Webster and Hooper. Isaacs is 3 seconds behind that battle in 7th with another 2 seconds back to 8th place runner Harkleroad. Spencer and Hancock the top 10.

Lap 174: 10 to go and we take a look at the cutline as Llamas continues to lead and has stretched it out slightly over Wichelman to 1.2 seconds.

Cutline
    Mallon - 3rd (+52)
    Harris - 12th (+32)
    Ingram - 29th (+23)
    Nixon - 23rd (+22)
    Isaacs - 7th (+21)
    Merzlak - 14th (+10)
    Lennox - 16th (+5)
    Woodard - 15th (+4)
    Hooper - 5th (-4)
    Peters - 11th (-5)
    Kunkel - 24th (-7)
    Craigo - 18th (-9)
    Curtain - 30th (-11)

8. MWick4

CC10: "Only got one more guy to pass, pull those belts tight and go get him!"

9. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Lap 175: Hooper finds a little something and moves from 5th to 3rd getting around both Mallon and Webster. That puts him just 2 points out of a transfer. Wichelman just ahead but that won't be enough. The 11 teams needs Woodard to or Lennox to start dropping back as well.

Lap 177: Llamas has started to check out now in front by 2.2 seconds. Hooper is closing in on the back bumper of Wichelman in 2nd with his playoff hopes on the line. Woodard and Lennox had clear track but now they have caught up to the back of the slower car of O'Reilly which is holding them up.

10. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Lap 182: Llamas still out front and it looks like victory is all but certain for the 48 team with a 2 second lead over Wichelman in 2nd who is now trying to fight off Hooper in the 11 for the runner up spot. Woodard and Lennox have now cleared the slower traffic but they got held up enough to let Dan Busch and James Gegner close up to their rear bumpers.

Lap 183: 2 to go for Llamas as he comes across the stripe. 2 seconds the gap but now it is Hooper in the 11 that runs in 2nd. Hooper diamond off turn 4 to get a run to the inside of Wichelman into turn 1 and he makes it stick to take 2nd. It's going to come down to the last 2 laps to decided who advances to the 2nd round.

Cutline
    Mallon - 7th (+45)
    Harris - 8th (+33)
    Ingram - 29th (+20)
    Nixon - 22nd (+20)
    Isaacs - 5th (+20)
    Merzlak - 14th (+7)
    Lennox - 16th (+2)
    Woodard - 15th (+1)
    Hooper - 2nd (-1)
    Peters - 12th (-6)
    Kunkel - 27th (-10)
    Craigo - 20th (-11)
    Curtain - 30th (-11)

11. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Lap 184: White flag in the air for Llamas but our attention is drawn to the cutline on the final lap as Lennox makes a move on Woodard as they come to the line. That pass will make it a tie for the final transfer but here comes Busch to the inside of Woodard to follow the 18 of Lennox. That position will drop Woodard out and move Hooper in. Into turn 1 and Woodard can't hold off the 9 and also drops a spot to the 29 of Gegner.

[​IMG]

Llamas comes around off turn 4 cleanly and takes the checkered flag here at Darlington. Hooper brings it home in 2nd with Webster up to 3rd, Isaacs 4th, and Wichelman fades to 5th. Back at 15th and Lennox will cross the line and make it to the next round and it looks to be heartbreak for the 41 team and Woodard. He can't get back by Gegner or Busch and falls out of the next round of the playoffs on the final lap.

[​IMG]

12. gwoodard41

Dang it all to heck

13. MWick4

SRDSN: "We catch up with Matt Wichelman who just had a word with John Hooper Sr. Matt you had such a strong car today, is there anything different that you could've done to score your first career victory?

MW10: "Well yeah, theres always something different you could've done, but ya know how it goes, woulda, coulda, shoulda. First of all I have to thank our friends at Yeti Coolers for coming on board to run this awesome throwback scheme in tribute of my childhood hero, Tony Stewart. They just inked a deal with us the other day to come on board as a primary for a few races in 2019. As always a big thank you to Patagonia, Monster Energy, GameStop, Sport Clips, and all those hard working people at TRD. You know, a top five is something to be proud of, especially with John up there in second. I think he made it to the next round too, which is really awesome in his farewell season. What a day for OPP, what can I say. Just so proud, we'll be back next week with a little vengeance in our eyes."

SRDSN: "A strong top five run for Matt Wichelman, thanks Matt."

14. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Llamas dominates the 2nd half at Darlington and takes the win over Hooper, Sr. who comes across 2nd, just enough to get him in the next round of the playoffs. Zack Webster comes across 3rd after leading early then falling down a lap after our first caution during green flag stops. Joey Isaacs finishes 4th, his first top 5 and top 10 of the season not counting his win earlier in the season that got him into the playoffs. Matt Wichelman rounds out the top 5 after starting on pole and leading the first few laps, Wichelman tagged the wall and faded but his crew got him back up to speed and he ended up winning the stage at halfway.

Resutls.png

This is how the the points shook out after Darlington for our playoff drivers. Had Will Anderson not won the last race at Armory he would be out. If Missimer had not won Watkins Glen and Anderson won Armory he would be out but since both drivers picked up wins that knocks out Woodard, who was in the hunt until the final lap giving up 3 positions.

Cutoff.png

Points are reset to 2000 +playoff points accrued through 17 races. Talladega and Iowa up next before we set the stage for the finale at Homestead.

Playoffs3.png

Points after 17 events:

Points.png

I'm hopeful to do Talladega next weekend with Iowa and Homestead after that. That would get us complete by the end of the month.

XxTeam48LowesXx and Reza Maulana like this.
  15. Tim2488

Tim2488 Everything Bacon.

"We just didn't have it together today. Such heartbreaking for this team but we can't hold our heads down, we got alot more to fight for going forward. On the bright side we still have one B&T car left in the fight and you best bet we're putting all our resources together to get Shane and the #18 crew a shot at the title."

16. gwoodard41

"It is safe to say that I screwed it up at the end of the race. I believe that if I had not got caught up in that mess earlier in the race my car would have been a top-10 finisher for sure. It is a shame I never was able to win a race so far this season. I believe that the most ironic thing to happen now is for me to win a race while no longer a playoff contender. Hopefully I can just keep my nose clean and finish well enough to have a decent finish to the season. Hopefully we're able to come back stronger than ever next season."

17. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger. Banned

So it is now confirmed that anything with my name attached to it will find a way to bounce off the turn 2 wall at this track..... Whether it be an AI car with my name or myself driving..... Great.....

"Car didn't feel right all night, and was worse off after that wreck. It's a damn shame because I was hoping to go for the championship again this year. Ah well. Time to continue fighting for wins this year and look towards a better run next year."

18. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong

@BrendonH12: "Man, that race was... fun, I guess. First, I gotta thank DJ and HMS for giving me a fast hot rod tonight. I also wanna thank Verizon for allowing us to do this cool Alltel throwback to one of my favorite paint schemes of all time! Yeah, we got behind on pit strategy, per usual for me, but after we got our lap back, man, it was on. We fought hard tonight and... had fun racing with Austin there at the end for that last spot in the top 10; came up one spot short, but after the night that we could have had, I'll take it! Yeah, and it's great to see DJ advance into the next round and hopefully, we'll all be seeing that #42 driver holding up the big trophy in Homestead. As for this team, we're just out to try and get that first win in one of these last few races. On to the next one..."

Tetronix likes this.
  19. XxTeam48LowesXx

XxTeam48LowesXx Jimmie Johnson Fan

[​IMG]

"WOOOOHOOO! I CAN'T BELIEVE WE GOT ONE THIS SEASON! It's always special to get another win after the first one we had at Indy last year. I can't believe we got our first one at the Brickyard and now the Lady In Black!!!! Our season has been so frustrating up to this point from the highs of when we made it into the chase last year but this sure does help!

I would like to thank all of our sponsors that make this happen on a weekly bases despite our frustrating season. Special shoutout to my team owner over in Asher Racing, really glad I was able to get our name on the win sheet just like my fellow teammates Nixon and Curtain for the team! It's been one heck of a ride these last few seasons that's for sure. Hopefully we can get you a few more from our side of the shop before the doors close!"

20. Tetronix

Tetronix #48EVER

"We both started and finished in P8, not a bad night for us. I managed to make it to the top 3 at one point but we just didn't have enough speed to take the W tonight. Thanks to Konica Minolta for being on board and allowing us to do an awesome throwback scheme, along with Pepsi, Snapchat and my other sponsors and the guys back at the shop for such a fast machine. On to the round of 10!"

BrendonH12 likes this.