1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Season 8, Race 13: Outward

Discussion in 'SRD Sprint Cup Offline League' started by Zoom, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Last Race: Tyler Mallon breaks through to score the win at Indianapolis. Leading just the final lap Mallon was able to get around John Hooper, Sr. to secure his spot in the 2018 playoff grid.
    This Race: Just 2 races remain before we begin the 2018 playoffs. The first coming here at the Outward Superspeedway. The drivers on the outside looking in will be hoping they can keep their cars clean all race and avoid the almost inevitable big one that we see so often at these superspeedway races. Drivers already locked in will be looking to grab some extra playoff points in preparation for the first round, they will likely be more aggressive in the race which could spell trouble should they make a mistake and set off a large wreck.
    Race Info: 100 laps/200 miles
    2017 Pole Sitter: T. Coleman (35.293)
    2017 Race Winner: M. O'Reilly (12 laps led)
    Previous Winners: C. Everett [Ret.] (2016), J. Zumwalt [Ret.] (2015), T. Kunkel (2014), S. English (2013)

CHASE5.png

StagePoints.png

Points leader Woodard fastest in practice.

Practice.png

Craigo and Isaacs lead the field in qualifying and will start from the front row for tomorrow's race.

Q.png

2. DERacing

DERacing SRD's Resident Lunatic!

Our team has been working on the Q setups and seem to have gotten it right the last few races.

Hopefully, we can stay at the front of the field this week and grab some more points.

3. gwoodard41

gwoodard41 Well-Known Member

"I can work with 11th"

4. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

We've got a bit of work to do to get back into the playoffs.

5. No1JGfan

No1JGfan Well-Known Member

RB- Still not happy about last week, we need a solid run to stop the bleeding otherwise we're in big trouble

6. db512

db512 2011 SRD Cup Series Champion

"I'm not liking our chances in this one!"

7. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

This is going to end up being run tomorrow night. Ran out of time to get it in this evening.

gwoodard41 likes this.
  8. Chowda17

Chowda17 Well-Known Member

It’ll be a helluva climb to get up there and compete, but damnit we’re gonna try.

A couple early cautions would help. Mix up the strategy a little and see what we can do.

9. Chowda17

Chowda17 Well-Known Member

A FREAK SNOWSTORM IN THE MIDDLE OF AUGUST?

Hell, if that can happen, so can coming from second-to-last to win.

10. gwoodard41

"I have a good feeling about this race"

11. Chevellion

Chevellion Former SRD Cup League Director

Full points:

upload_2018-8-25_9-40-46.png

upload_2018-8-25_9-41-56.png

12. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Apologies for not getting this run on Monday. I had my offer accepted to buy my first house that night so I've been busy working through the house buying process for the first time all week. Just to get this run and keep the season going I've gone over the whole race in a recap below.

With next weekend being a holiday weekend I'll be able to get Richmond in and get the playoff field set but after that I will have to give the reigns back to Chev or someone else to finish the season while I work through closing on my new home.

Lap 1: Craigo jumps out to the early lead but Gegner with help from Missimer and Woodard on the bottom leads lap 1 as the field quickly goes 3 wide all the way back.

Lap 8: Billy Nixon makes his way to the front after several lead changes over the opening laps. Nixon the only driver with 2 wins so far this season. Craigo started from pole but is now dead last.

Lap 18: Whole field still 3 wide most of the way through. Several drivers taking turns out front but the last 10 laps have been dominated by Coleman, Mallon, Smetana, Missimer, and Farrell.

Lap 20: Points leader Woodard takes command of the field with Bleskachek and Slates in tow.

Lap 24: Craigo makes his way back to the lead after going from 1st to 37th early in the race. Halfway through the stage and all 37 cars are still within 1 second.

Lap 28: Caudill has led the last several laps and is so far the only driver to be out front and keep a gap to the cars behind. Gegner, Nixon, Hooper, and Kunkel single file behind the 88.

Lap 35: The 88 still leading with the 29 tucked behind him. Those 2 have had no challenge since about lap 25. The field starting to split slightly as green flag pit stops approach.

Lap 43: Everyone gets through green flag stops cleanly and Hooper cycles out to the lead over Anderson and Caudill. 9 drivers in the lead group with 7 to go before halfway and the end of the stage.

Lap 50: Halfway and the end of the stage. Hooper takes the stage win over Webster. Isaacs goes a lap down on the final lap after coming off pit road during the green flag stops without any drafting help.

Top 10 getting points:

Hooper, Sr.
    Webster
    Caudill
    Hancock
    Lennox
    Anderson
    Kunkel
    Curtain
    Gegner
    Nixon

Lap 53: Lineup for the restart. Isaacs having issues with 8 still on pit road and 3 laps down now. Everyone else is on the lead lap.

Mallon
    Busch
    Smetana
    Missimer
    Hawkins
    Gegner
    Caudill
    Kunkel
    Hooper, Sr.
    DeCosta
    Jordan
    Nixon
    Webster
    Anderson
    Ingram
    Dalton
    Slates
    Harkleroad
    Lennox
    Hancock
    O'Reilly
    Merzlak
    Peters
    Curtain
    Blanford
    Coleman
    Root
    Farrell
    Wichelman
    Johnston
    Bleskachek
    Woodard
    Craigo
    Spencer
    Harris
    Llamas
    Isaacs -3L

Lap 57: Toyotas organizing at the front. Jordan has moved out to the lead with Decosta, Webster, Hawkins, and Hooper racing in line behind. Everyone else scrambling 3 wide.

Lap 63: Jordan still leading, showing similar pace to Caudill from earlier in the race. Slates has used help from Lennox to break up the Toyota party at the front and now runs in 2nd.

Lap 68: Stil the 28 in front but DeCosta and Slates swap 2nd again. Harkleroad and Root round out the top 5.

Lap 75: The 28 of Jordan absolutely dominating with 25 to go. No challenges for the lead since the restart but now a strong line of Chevys have shuffled up to the front behind the 28. It's Harkleroad, Hancock, Slates, Busch, Smetana, and Kunkel all working together.

Lap 80: Jordan still too fast out front to be denied the race lead. Hancock got alongside but couldn't hang with the 28. Green flag pit stops beginning once again.

Lap 92: Green flag stops spread out over the last 10 laps as we have a car pound the wall off turn 4. DeCosta in the 17 blew a tire and slammed the wall and comes to a stop on the frontstretch. Slates just gets clipped and spins as well after the 17 comes off the wall. (Never seen anything like that wreck before. DeCosta's car literally just stopped turning halfway through the corner. No one else around just straight into the wall.)

Lap 96: Restart with 4 to go. Jordan still leading the way. 3 cars went a lap down during green flag stops, Hawkins, Hancock, and Coleman. DeCosta able to continue after the incident but is 2 laps down. Isaacs still 3 down.

Jordan
    Kunkel
    Mallon
    Smetana
    Root
    Hooper, Sr.
    Harkleroad
    Lennox
    Ingram
    Johnston
    Farrell
    Nixon
    Dalton
    Caudill
    Peters
    Wichelman
    Anderson
    Curtain
    Blanford
    Missimer
    O'Reilly
    Merzlak
    Webster
    Woodard
    Spencer
    Gegner
    Bleskachek
    Slates
    Harris
    Llamas
    Craigo
    Busch
    Hawkins -1L
    Hancock -1L
    Coleman -1L
    DeCosta -2L
    Isaacs -3L

Lap 98: Jordan finally dethroned out front as Mallon and Hooper, Sr. hook up and drive by to take the top 2 spots. Mallon going for back to back wins and Hooper trying to avoid the playoff cut line going into Richmond.

Lap 99: Smetana also trying to lock himself into the playoffs and avoid being apart of the race for the cutline next weekend in Richmond makes his way into 2nd. Hooper shuffled out as Jordan begins charging back to the front with Kunkel tucked in behind the 28.

Lap 100: White flag and here comes the 28. Mallon with the 5 and Jordan with the 15 as they race side by side down the back. Dead even into turn 3. Off of 4 Kunkel moves to the inside of Jordan and Mallon will pull ahead with help from Smetana and win back to back races. Smetana 2nd with Jordan a close 3rd. Kunkel 4th and Wichelman rounds out the top 5.

Results.png

The playoff chase really tightened up after this race. Points are unofficial but this should be how things look for Richmond.

Greg Woodard +47
    Will Anderson +39
    Shane Lennox +29
    Darren Ingram +7
    John Hooper, Sr. +4
    Ryan Bleskachek +2
    ----------------------------------------
    Jakub Smetana -2
    Kyle Missimer -16
    Tim Johnston -18
    Brendon Hancock -37
    Dakota Caudill -48

CHASE6.png

13. No1JGfan

No1JGfan Well-Known Member

RB- Just unbelievable!! We went from 2nd in points to now just 2 on the cutoff. I hate it for our guys, we've had an amazing year and it's all gone down the drain because one driver ran out of patience. We're not going down without a fight but we're really going to need a strong run if we're gonna make it.

14. JeffJordan

JeffJordan My name is no longer Jeff Jordan

"A little disappointed, but very very happy with the rough season we've had that I got out and led the most laps in a race. I honestly felt like I had the best car this race and hopefully that means I'm improving."

15. NascarMan32

NascarMan32 Well-Known Moron

"Wow! Two in a row! The team executed perfectly today! Thank you so much to everyone who gave me this opportunity."

16. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong Moderator

@BrendonH12: “Man, talk about a heartbreaker... That caution just killed us! I don’t know what else to say; we had an awesome day going for us - I mean a bad fast Chevy Camaro - and then, poof! It’s gone! Oh well... Just gotta thank Reese’s, Coke, Verizon, all our partners - somehow we gotta figure out how to go get ourselves a win at Richmond so we can battle for this Championship. Congrats to Tyler again on your second in a row - that’s awesome! But yeah, this one kinda stings a bit, but what can you do about it? On to the next one...”

17. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

Well, I'll take 7th, 4 points to the good. I love Richmond, and I hope it loves me back.

18. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

"GP2 engine! GP2!"

19. gwoodard41

"seriously, we need to step up our game"

20. MWick4

MWick4 SRD SuperTruck Series Director

"Fifth place! What a good run coming from a rough few weeks! I'm excited to head to my home track of Richmond, which is by far my favorite track. Hopefully we can build off of this momentum and keep moving forward."