1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Season 8, Race 14: Richmond

Discussion in 'SRD Sprint Cup Offline League' started by Zoom, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Tetronix

Tetronix #48EVER

42: Tell him (Brendon) to just wait and hit his marks, he'll get him.
    42CC: I can't really tell him anything but I've texted his crew chief and told him.

BrendonH12 likes this.
  2. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Lap 163: Hancock not able to hold off Lennox and the 18 will storm by on the inside to take 2nd. DeCosta now has his mirrors full of the Silver Bullet. A ticket to the playoffs is just 17 laps away.

Lap 170: Lennox unable to get around DeCosta. The 17 blocking the entire track and so far it is working with 10 to go. Hancock now looking like his car has come back to him and he challenges Lennox for 2nd. To the inside into turn 1, they stay even off of 2 and DeCosta pulls away. Through 3 and 4 and Lennox now able to get a good run and hold onto 2nd. Further back and Missimer has started to fade in the closing laps. He was in by 1 point but now has dropped 2 spots and is 1 point on the outside looking in.

Ryan DeCosta - Leading
    Shane Lennox - 2nd (+54)
    Greg Woodard - 12th (+53)
    Will Anderson - 5th (+52)
    Darren Ingram - 9th (+16)
    John Hooper, Sr. - 21st (+1)
    --------------------------------------
    Kyle Missimer - 14th (-1)
    Jakub Smetana - 22nd (-5)
    Brendon Hancock - 3rd (-14)
    Ryan Bleskachek - 35th (-16)
    Tim Johnston - 36th (-37)

3. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Lap 175: DeCosta still holding on but now he slips up in turn 1, Lennox able to get his nose to the inside and now they race side by side for the lead into turn 3. DeCosta goes way up the track to try and get a good run off of 4 but Lennox is digging on the bottom. He accelerates up off of 4 and has a nose ahead at the line as we see 5 laps to go from the flagman. This could be he lifeline that Kyle Missimer needs to make the playoffs.

[​IMG]

Lap 176: DeCosta fighting back into turn 1, he needs to win this race whatever it takes. Lennox a good corner but DeCosta has a huge run off the top of turn 2 and pulls ahead down the back. DeCosta inches from clearing the 18 into 3. Lennox now pulls back even through the center and he now pulls ahead off of 4. DeCosta a bobble on exit and Lennox will clear for the lead! 3 to go! Missimer able to make a pass on Kunkel but Hooper also up 1 position as Isaacs comes to pit road out of fuel, the team not getting the car full during the stage caution and it costs them a decent finish. However with Lennox now leading Missimer is now racing Smetana for the final transfer into the playoffs.

Shane Lennox - Leading
    Greg Woodard - 12th (+57)
    Will Anderson - 5th (+55)
    Darren Ingram - 9th (+19)
    John Hooper, Sr. - 20th (+5)
    Kyle Missimer - 13th (+4)
    --------------------------------------
    Jakub Smetana - 21st (-4)
    Brendon Hancock - 3rd (-10)
    Ryan Bleskachek - 35th (-12)
    Tim Johnston - 36th (-33)

4. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Lap 180: White flag in the air for Shane Lennox! What a drive for the 18, from 18th to the lead in 70 laps. A comfortable 8 tenths lead over DeCosta and now traffic ahead, through turns 3 and off of 4 checkered flag in the air for Shane Lennox, your winner at Richmond! DeCosta holds on for 2nd, wishing this was a 175 lap race and Brendon Hancock brings it home in 3rd but will not be able to point his way into the playoffs.

[​IMG]

The final cutline result

Greg Woodard - 467pts (58)
    Will Anderson - 465pts (+56)
    Darren Ingram - 429pts (+20)
    John Hooper, Sr. - 416pts (+7)
    Kyle Missimer - 414pts (+5)
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Jakub Smetana - 409pts (-5)
    Brendon Hancock - 400pts (-14)
    Ryan Bleskachek - 398pts (-16)
    Tim Johnston - 377pts (-37)
    Dakota Caudill - 372pts (-42)

Results.png

All points/positions are unofficial until Chev gets things calculated but I think I have my math correct so this is what the playoffs are projected to look like going into the next race.

Playoffs.png

Quick table of the playoff 15's performances through the first 14 races. Green = Win / Blue = Top 5 / Purple = Top 10 / Red = DNF

PlayoffDrivers.png

5. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

Whew. We just made it in. I was worried. We were fighting the car all night. We've got to be better for the playoffs. That being said, we did well battling back from Daytona to get here. We still need more good finishes, but I hope we can get this Busch Camry into victory lane in the playoffs.

6. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

What a night, pulled a top 10 out of it from 32nd. Can't thank my team enough for sticking with me and showing everyone we aren't trash.

7. No1JGfan

No1JGfan Well-Known Member

Reporter: Standing here with a very dejected Ryan Bleskachek, a 35th place finish tonight knocks you out of running for your first championship, your thoughts.

RB: Just disappointed, we were doing everything we could, the night didn't start out that great, but we were able to find speed there, and were really coming back up through the field. I know we were running where we needed to make the chase when the engine let go. It's just extremely unfortunate, these guys work their asses off back at the shop to have one single driver ruin it is just ridiculous! Craigo was already locked in and he knew we were fighting for a spot and he just drove through us. I know the way he races now so I can promise you that I'm going to make it as difficult as I can for him these next few weeks. *exits back into the hauler*

Reporter: A very frustrated Ryan Bleskachek finishes 35th tonight and will miss the chase by just 16 points.

8. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong Moderator

@BrendonH12: "Man, we ran a great race all night. All the boys back at HMS prepared a bad fast Reese's Chevy and I gave it all she had, but in the end, it just wasn't enough. Congrats to the #18 guys on the win, and good luck to all the Playoff contenders! I just wish we had a little bit more speed in this thing and we could've gotten that win. Overall, great run tonight and I'm happy that, here in my rookie season, I was even battling for a Playoff spot! Can't thank the boss man, D.J., enough for giving me this opportunity. I gotta be honest, I don't know what the heck he saw in me, but I'm so glad he saw it. I'm gonna drive the wheels of this Camaro the next few weeks and see if we can get a win to cap off a great rookie campaign. On to the next one..."

Tetronix likes this.
  9. Darren Ingram

Darren Ingram Moderator Moderator

“Our performance has just not been there the last couple of weeks. We clawed our way into a top ten today, but we need to get to victory lane. We know this team can make a deep playoff run, we’ve just gotta execute.”

db512 likes this.
  10. Chowda17

Chowda17 Well-Known Member

Wish this was a 175 lap race! What a run for this No. 17 DeWALT team. I don’t think the way we ran all year we would have any shot at the playoffs, but this was our way in.

We can contend for wins, and that’s a great thing to see coming into 2019. I think for sure we’ll be looking at expansion, as well.

11. gwoodard41

gwoodard41 Well-Known Member

"we are in the playoffs but I am not sure what my crew was thinking about only giving me fuel instead of tires as well wasted a lot of time with the second Pit Stop."

12. KnightHoarder

KnightHoarder Well-Known Member

Absolutely frustrating. Our season is over now. Time to try and get a win to finish out the season and get ready for next season.

13. Tim2488

Tim2488 Everything Bacon.

"Great run tonight in the Hoonigan Camaro, couldn't be any more excited for Shane and the 18 team to get the win to lock into the playoffs with us, just wish we could have had Jakub get in as well. 2 B&T teams locked in, welcome to the playoffs boys and girls!"

Jagnole3 likes this.
  14. AntCurtain

AntCurtain Well-Known Member

Anthony Curtain: "Really good race we had there. We weren't as fast as the top three, but we had a really fast Asics Chevy and have a great opportunity to build off this for the playoffs!"