1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Season 9, Race 1: Daytona

Discussion in 'SRD Sprint Cup Offline League' started by Zoom, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Chowda17

Chowda17 Well-Known Member

@Zoom hey my flats have always been there. I’ve been sick and slow to respond.

Dm me. I want in this.

2. Chowda17

Even if it means starting last in the 500. My flats are in the thread

3. Chowda17

Hey @Zoom I re-added the flats. Wasn't aware anything was wrong with them, if at all.

Been sick the past few days and not checking as active as I was.

4. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Quick recaps for the duels from yesterday. The race will be run this evening.

DJ Harris takes Duel #1, makes last lap pass on Caudill for win

Duel1Results.png

The first of two duels took to the track yesterday in Daytona with Matt Wichelman leading the way. Early on there was plenty of action and 3 wide racing but two drivers quickly showed their early speed out front. Joshua Hawkins and John Hooper, Sr. were the duo to beat in the first half of the race. They controlled the race for the most part until a crash as we were about to begin green flag pit stops just past halfway. JJ Jordan won the exhibition race last weekend but did not find the same luck in the duels, he gets turned trying to slow down for pit road and collects Bleskachek, Maulana, and Craigo. Jordan with the damage would lose a lap and be off pace the rest of the race. Craigo had minor damage but was unable to keep pace with the draft on the restart. The race resumed with 20 laps to go and it was a two horse race at the front. Caudill and Harris swapped the lead several times in the closing stages but in the end DJ Harris makes his move on the final lap to take the win in Duel #1 and secure the 3rd starting spot for today's race.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Defending champion Ingram dominates but teammate Busch wins Duel #2

Duel2Results.png

Duel #2 was much more organized than the first. Darren Ingram wasted no time putting the #2 out front and controlling the race with most of the field running single file early on. Very little action in this race as the drivers stayed single file until green flag pit stops. After the stops it was a 4 car breakaway out front. 2 Xtreme Motorsports cars and 2 English Motorsports cars. Bobby Farrell and Jeremy Zumwalt worked together to keep themselves ahead of Darren Ingram and Dan Busch but in the closing laps the 9 and 2 worked together and made their move to the front at the finish and held off the two Fords. Slow stops for the 95, 98, and 97 meant they lost the draft and fell behind at the finish.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

I think we'll be fine if we stay in the pack.

6. db512

db512 2011 SRD Cup Series Champion

"Great start to the weekend winning our duel. Means we have a great starting spot and a strong car in race conditions. Have to thank my teammate Darren for the help. We planned to stick together all race long and we did that. The plan worked perfectly. Hopefully we can do the same thing in the big race and get the same result."

KnightHoarder likes this.
  7. gwoodard41

gwoodard41 Well-Known Member

"Hopefully we can work on our speed"

8. Darren Ingram

Darren Ingram Well-Known Member

"We showed that these Xtreme cars have got some good speed in race trim. Wish we could have won, but if we've gotta lose to someone, I guess the bossman is alright, ha."

db512 likes this.
  9. No1JGfan

No1JGfan Well-Known Member

RB- Typical Daytona, we were just riding there trying to set ourselves up for the end and got caught up in that mess. Really lucky to come away without much damage, so we'll be able to repair it and avoid having to go to a backup car

10. Reza Maulana

Reza Maulana SRD's Resident Indonesian & Truck Series Statman

"Not the best Duel for the 98 team. At least we don't need to go to a backup, I think we only got a minor bodywork damage on the right-hand side of the Toei Animation Camaro, we will be able to repair it for the big race."

11. AntCurtain

AntCurtain Well-Known Member

Anthony Curtain: "We've got some cleaning up to do on the pitstops, but if we can clean that stuff up, we've got a fast car and I'm sure we've got what it takes to get to the front."

12. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger. Banned

"Welp, that could've gone better for us. Glad to see that Hawkins has speed in his #11 Dodge. Just gotta figure out a way to stay out of trouble on Sunday, and find some speed in RJ's car as well."

FIFY (#98 is RJ Bishop)

13. MWick4

MWick4 SRD SuperTruck Series Director

“Didn’t have a great showing in the duel but still on the pole, let’s get it.”

14. JeffJordan

JeffJordan My name is no longer Jeff Jordan

"That could have gone better."

15. Chowda17

A bit delayed to get the car race-ready, but we're good to go now. Let's obtain this grain.

16. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Currently without power and updating from my phone. Race postponed to tomorrow evening.

17. Chowda17

You can just feel the authenticity. It’s like real NASCAR!

BrendonH12 likes this.
  18. Tim2488

Tim2488 Everything Bacon.

"Welp, we're not starting last tonight but it shouldn't really matter. We've got a few things we'll have to work on but I'm confident we've got a race winner here."

19. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Drivers getting ready to go here in Daytona. 150 laps coming up as we kick off the 2019 season.

No1JGfan and MWick4 like this.
  20. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Matt Wichelman and Zack Webster bring us to the green flag in Daytona! The 2019 Cup Series season is underway!

[​IMG]