1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Season 9, Race 1: Daytona

Discussion in 'SRD Sprint Cup Offline League' started by Zoom, Jun 6, 2019.

1. gwoodard41

gwoodard41 Well-Known Member

"Damn that sucks, I hope they're alright."

2. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Lap 145: We will restart with 5 to go as everyone stays out on track. RJ Bishop the leader.

95 -1L
    10 -1L
    45 -1L
    42 -3L
    2 -5L
    97 DNF
    48 DNF
    21 DNF

3. Chowda17

Chowda17 Well-Known Member

17: “No idea how I got through that!”
    17 Spotter: 10-4, get ya some.

4. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Green flag back out and we are back underway for the final few laps in Daytona!

[​IMG]

5. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Lap 146: RJ Bishop gets the field back up to speed but off turn 2 we go 3 wide for the lead! Peterson to the middle but it's Tim Johnston with help from Tim Kunkel on the inside that will take over the lead into turn 3.

Lap 147: Kunkel tucked up behind the 81 into turn 1 and now ducks to his inside for the lead. Caudill pulls up behind the 15 and will shove Kunkel to the lead off turn 2. Johnston fights back and will clear the 7 and be able to slot in behind the 15 in 2nd.

6. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Lap 148: A mirror move for the 81 of Johnston into turn 1. He moves low on Kunkel on corner entry and again it's the 7 of Caudill with the push to put Johnston back into the lead. Dan Busch and Jon Peterson right there as well looking for an opening.

Lap 149: Dan Busch bullys his way to 2nd now and has the 74 and 46 all over his rear bumper as we will be coming around to see the white flag. Blanford now gets a shove from Farrell and they will move up to 2nd and 3rd behind the 81 of Johnston. Bleskachek now 4th in line on the inside as the top line starts to fall apart and Busch fades back.

No1JGfan likes this.
  7. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Lap 150: White flag in the air for Tim Johnston! Bobby Farrell makes his move for 2nd coming to the line and Blanford will get left out to dry in the outside lane as the field lines up to make their final moves.

[​IMG]

Into turn 1 and it's Bleskachek in 3rd that makes his move first ducking to the inside of Farrell for 2nd. He'll get help from the 11 of Hawkins as Busch moves up to try and get with the 46 of Farrell. Off turn 2 and Johnston has a slight edge over Bleskachek. Down the backstretch and into turn 3 the 60 isn't closing quick enough. Johnston defends the inside line through 3 and off turn 4. Bleskachek unable to make a move and it will be the 81 of Tim Johnston taking the win in Daytona!

[​IMG]

No1JGfan and matheus357 like this.
  8. Tim2488

Tim2488 Everything Bacon.

"Damn it, sorry guys just got shuffled out."

9. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Johnston wins and is the first driver to punch his ticket to the playoffs. Bleskachek leaves Daytona the points leader with a 2nd place in stage 1, stage 2, and at the end of the race.

Results.png

10. Chowda17

Chowda17 Well-Known Member

Pretty happy with where we got this weekend! To start the week feeling sick and missing qualifying to moving through the field and leading laps.

Solid points day. Great start to the season.

11. db512

db512 2011 SRD Cup Series Champion

"Got a top 5 today but not what we wanted. We had our JEGS Chevy Camaro in a great position on that final restart and I was able to make some moves to almost get to the front but the car pushed off the bottom at the exit of turn 4 coming to the white when we were in second and I had no chance after that. Great effort by all the guys on the team and back at the shop. Not what we wanted but on to Cali."

12. GambitJon

GambitJon #VeganRush

77: F&*k man, we had one hell of a FedEx Camry. I just want to thank the SMR bois for a fricken bullet for todays race. I just hate it for the guys that we weren't able to produce the win that I thought that we could have gotten.

13. JeffJordan

JeffJordan My name is no longer Jeff Jordan

"Just couldn't make my way through at the end, our Discover Toyota had speed today though and I'm happy about that."

14. matheus357

matheus357 Very Occasional Painter

Fiorentini: "Not the result we wanted, but I'll take having at least finished my first Cup race. We never came even close to having the best car during the race and that hurt our ability to make moves, especially at the front, since everytime we were close to the lead, there would be at least one dominant car to shuffle us back. The experience gained is vital, though, and will certainly help us, especially me, next week at Auto Club."

JBlanford74 likes this.
  15. MWick4

MWick4 SRD SuperTruck Series Director

“Geez.. not a good day for this Opp group. Our Patagonia Mustang was fast early in the week, we got the pole and that was basically all we had. One second we’re in the middle of the pack fighting and the next we’re a lap down.. and at a place like this without the lucky dog you’re done at that point... I mean, all four of our cars 15th or worse, we’ve got some work to do.”

16. gwoodard41

gwoodard41 Well-Known Member

"UGH, got shuffled back to midfield. We'll have to do better."

17. AntCurtain

AntCurtain Well-Known Member

Anthony Curtain: "Not at all the way we wanted to start the season, but sometimes things don't go your way. But congrats to Tim and Ryan. It's cool to see a Bleskachek Motorsports top 2 sweep...I just wish I could've been there to make it a podium sweep."

No1JGfan likes this.
  18. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger. Banned

"All three cars in the top 10, one of which having led the most laps in the race, and another making that top 10 a top 5 to boot! While it isn't a win, I'd still call that a successful trip to Daytona!"

Evolution9 likes this.
  19. Reza Maulana

Reza Maulana SRD's Resident Indonesian & Truck Series Statman

"Well, at least we brought the car home. Its a shame that we don't bring home any extra stage points and I might be playing too safe in the #55 Toei Animation Camaro, but sometimes you got to play safe in superspeedway racing. I made quite a lot of mess in the Truck Series race several days ago and I think that got into me mentally as I think I drove too cautiously trying to not get involved in incidents for the Cup race. Shame that we at Harris Motorsports have a bad season opening race but oh well, that's what it is, onto the next race."

20. Evolution9

Evolution9 Just Be Yourself Dont Care What Other Thinks!

#11 Josh Hawkins:"Im tell ya boys I just feel something about this car it was fast and it give me good shot try get win but fourth place finish I take that from coming over Opp to CRI it good move and my season so far is a hype we see how fast this #11 car be im just driving number in honor of my bud @canadienhits and team of budweiser hope everyone happy of our fourth place finish.As far my team I do share some information how race here as I love Dega and Daytona other then that time drink some buds and on to next race!"