1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE

Setting up 3D Coat to paint NR2003 cars

Discussion in 'Advanced Tutorials' started by Mystical, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

This is a rather advanced setup tutorial that goes over various programs so I recommend if you are new to painting cars for NR2003 to see some of the beginner tutorials first. This tutorial is primary for those who know how to paint NR2003 cars already and are looking for an alternative method to create those complex designs in a easier way.

2. MrDude68

MrDude68 Occasional Backwards Driver

Wow... Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention and for making this video. This truly is revolutionary for painting since you can improve the look of a paint scheme while simultaneously saving countless frustrating hours of lining things up, distorting, and switching back and forth between Photoshop and Car Viewer. You can bet I'll be looking into this sometime real soon!

3. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

Yeah its a type of program I've wanted to see for years and finally technology is at the point where its become a reality at last. My next carset will definitely have some desigsn where I'll be able to remake the way I want them to be now that I won't have to salve away as many hours to line up the intricate details anymore.

This program can benefit track and mod makers as well. With 3do's since NR2003 does not light any objects up and you have to manually add shadows to your 3do by painting it on you can bake shadows onto your models in this program. Also having to unwrap the models will be a breeze with this program making the most tedious part of modeling a thing of the past. More time can be spent making more content and less on the same object for hours.

DaveO likes this.
  4. Alan Harkleroad

Alan Harkleroad SRD Site Administrator Paint Crew Admin

Thank you so much for this. Picked up the amateur version to play with. Always great to have another tool in the chest to get the job done.

Mystical likes this.
  5. Alan Harkleroad

Alan Harkleroad SRD Site Administrator Paint Crew Admin

Playing around with a 18 M&M car and the Camry in this is fun. Made it a lot easier.

Mystical likes this.
  6. MrPotter101

MrPotter101 Well-Known Member

This is amazing! I've only been painting for a little over a year but damn have I been wanting to see something like this.

I imagine it makes making custom templates (different manufactures) much easier? Because that's something I've always had interest in doing but find it very difficult with the average painting program.

Mystical likes this.
  7. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

Yeah basically anything that would require having to stretch, cut, or rotate to extreme degrees around a UV map is now made really simple with programs like these. All you need is the idea and it can be done instead of having to spend like 3 hours trying to place those headlights in the perfect spot when you know how you want it to look lol

I didn't go over the benefits this programs has for 3d modelers even for simple models in NR2003 but the program can bake lighting/shadows so it makes life a lot easier to have 3do's have the exact lighting on them as well instead of having to paint fake shadows on every object anymore. I look forward to using this method in my new tracks for sure.

DaveO and Alan Harkleroad like this.